Small Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenophon

Xenophon Commander

what is it with empyrion and windows

2. jmtc

jmtc Captain

I just did a little experiment with the Argo and its windows. I removed all but the ten or so required for the pilot's forward vision, and replaced them with normal blocks. The device count dropped by ~50 (to 145 total from 195), but the triangle count rose by ~800 (to 5600+ from about 4800). I couldn't discern any real difference in fps in use, but don't really know if the weighting of triangles or devices has more effect on frame rates. CPU and RAM use was about the same with either version (I have Coretemp running on a separate monitor).

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

If the Argo is only used in SP, it might be ok as long as ya don't fly it around places like the Abandoned Factory/Mine or Drone Bases or such... in MP, you'll be bound to have problems with it. (Also Glass is not the optimum Material to use to try to stave off opposing Players's Homers. :p)

Windows warrant Reflection Calculations since Windows & Light have quite a bit of Interaction between them. It can get CPU Intensive in large numbers.

In SP it's not too bad... in MP it can get dicey.

Also yeah, Windows have Light Reflection Calculations & such, but less Polygons. I still operate on the assumption that Lights & Windows are the fiercest FPS Aggravaters, but very large numbers of Polygons can have an effect too... though I dunno how strong it is by comparison.

jmtc likes this.
  4. ldog

ldog Commander

Steam Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1110877010

[​IMG]
    As usual I fail at screenshots, just doesn't look so hot. Anyway, I been flying around forever in the F2, which was based off the T1 starter, with more armor, more maneuver and moar dakka! This is the new F3, with even more maneuver and one o'dem snazzy new armor lockers, same great dakka! Always been a fan of Vexray's color scheme (except the gayass purple) so have tryed to keep the originals looks.

[​IMG]

5. NOLOS

NOLOS Lieutenant

Attached Files:

6. JDaremo Fireheart

JDaremo Fireheart Captain

I Most Certainly remember that ship, @Kaeser
    Time it got some love again, so here ya go. Updated and rebuilt.
    20170816235156_1.jpg
    Here's the Workshop Link if you want to Download it
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1112942734

Mikemc, Kieve, Kaeser and 1 other person like this.
  7. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

8. Ravis

Ravis Captain

Finished my SV the 'Zara', I'm not much for massive engine systems so its acceleration isn't that up there. I also tend to only keep to a minimum few type of guns, normal i shy away form rail guns as it can make thinks a bit easy, but in this case i figured it best to keep it out of direct fire. Its not the type of ship to turn on a dime :p

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1114799553

Attached Files:

jmtc, Darkscis and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

10. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

I wanted to share my first ever SV I designed. To be honest I'm quite proud of myself, didn't expect my first design to be this presentable considering so far I have only build drills and two rather ugly CVs. I'm kinda pleased with myself here. :D

The Columbia Eagle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is meant for suvival/PvE and has as much stuff crammed into it as possible so I can use it for recon/exploration and quickly build a FOB if necessary. It has enough weapons and armor to easily deal with drones but I wouldn't use it for a frontal assault on a POI, two Gatlings and a single missile launcher aren't really what you want for that. I'm currently working on a enlarged version more focussed on combat but this one will have to make due with its current loadout.

[​IMG]

As I mentioned before this is full of the good stuff so you can use it as your primary vessel as long as you don't have to warp anywhere. It features ample space for cargo and comes with three salami makers, errr, I mean mobile contructors. It also features an O² station and an armor locker for those that brave hazardous environments. On the storage side of things we just get two of everything because we can: large storage containers, fuel tanks, fridges, O² tanks and ammo boxes.

The design was inspired by contemporary stealth jets as you probably have already noticed. I struggled a bit with the greyness of the cockpits in contrast to the black hardened steel blocks and tried out multiple variants but in the end this one won, even though it has 50 hitpoints less than the other alternatives. My inner engineer - I'm German and have studied mechanical engineering - was quite outraged at the inefficiency of this decision but for once function follows form. I blame women for oppressing my male engineering instincts, otherwise this wouldn't have happened! o_O

[​IMG]

In case you are wondering about the name: My CVs are called Small Step (w/o warp drive) and Giant Leap (w/ warp drive), my moon base is called the Armstrong Outpost, my drill is Buzz Aldrill and Apollo 11's command module was called Columbia while the lunar module was named Eagle.

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1119866942

I hope you like it as much as I do. :)

11. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Definitely off for a good start...

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  12. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Yeah, Jesus! Nice work skull. Pretty ship.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  13. toast

toast Commander

Looks like it would make a good replacement for the current pod that drops us into a new game.

Xenophon and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. Faith

Faith Captain

ahhhh
    I nearly forgot to make some advertising for the new spacerace VecuA, which has appeared on the outer rims of the empyrion universe.

and so, the first storys were told over a small vessel randomly appearing on different planets.
    20170826071337_1.jpg
    20170826071352_1.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1120292869

but be cautious, deep scans showed signals of entities much much bigger in size.

15. ViktoriaShepard

ViktoriaShepard Lieutenant

I want to inform you in advance that the Aperture Space program is trying to make ships as good as possible for you, but we need to raise the popularity of our products. After a long creative crisis, the corporation finally resumes its work, and one can not fail to note the recent unexpected success of the corvette "Fearless", which was achieved only thanks to you all, dear Empirion travelers!

BLUEPRINT HERE

In this case, if you liked this ship, put like, for you it's 2 seconds, and for me it's extremely pleasant and motivating.

Also write comments and see other ships Aperture Space program. We value your opinion for further developments.
    I need your support!

"Katana" - new fighter of corporation Aperture Space Program. The hull of the ship is simple and stylish, assembled of strong hardened armor, and inside there is everything necessary for flights, including a refrigerator, oxygen station and mobile designer, hidden behind the doors. There are 4 sockets for installation of guns on the Katana, however, only two of them can be installed on the railgun, because if they are installed on the nests close to the body, their trunks will close access to the oxygen station and the refrigerator. The basic equipment is equipped with four machine guns, which do not require a high level of purchase, and can be replaced by the customer at any time.

This ship has just entered production and there is nothing to say about the history of its service. It can be seen that, as in the case of the Aqvil SR1, this ship had a great chance of finding a class of spasecar mainly due to the design of the hull, but because of its size, the Shipbuilding Institute decided that the Katana would be more useful as a fighter, as demonstrated by practice. For the same reasons, the ship was easily allowed into free trade.

Technical characteristic of "Katana" SR1:
    Level: 12
    Size: 5.5x13x3 m
    Size class: 1
    Weight: 31.4 t
    RCS: 8
    Power: 2 generators (2x1.8 MW)
    Volume of fuel tanks: 1800
    Volume of oxygen tanks: 800

Default weapon:
    4 machine guns

Cargo: 4 containers, 4 containers of ammo, 1 refrigerator
    Mobile constructors: 1
    Oxygen stations: 1

Consumption of resources for Katana SR1:
    Iron ingots: 1060
    Satium ingots: 120
    Cobalt ingots: 436
    Silicon ingots: 256
    Copper ingots: 448
    Neodymium ingots: 5

[​IMG]

16. Pyston

Pyston Captain

17. Faith

Faith Captain

Keep the alien-hype commin!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1126884393

Since the first reports of some unknown alien ships appearing in our galaxy a lot of time went by without new disoverys and encounters. We call those aliens VecuA and they seem only interested in some dead worlds so far. But because of these reports, some fearless adventures want to take advantage of the maybe new technology. So a huge bunch of people has started to fly there way. Yesterday reached us a transmission with some pictures and a proud statement from one of those groups, who captured a small vessel. For further investigation they took it, so it seems to the nearest planet with an outpost. Guessing of the pictures: this vessel seems not very guarded and some functions are unknown...or make not much sense for us.......because of the size it could be a working- or scouting-drone.
    Today we have tried to contact this outpost, because of the last transmission we received. It is very disturbing...
    ....is.... this... the... big...signal of the deep scan....?

....no answer until now.....

20170903081008_1.jpg 20170903081028_1.jpg 20170903081149_1.jpg

18. Michpal

Michpal Lieutenant

19. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Sasquatch, Faith, rucky and 8 others like this.
  20. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

RAIDO CORPORATION WOLVERINE assault vessel

>> Steam Workshop

Raido Wolverine.jpg

Wolverine is a vessel for all kinds of piracy & plundering for up to three space pirates. Oxygenated insides, good weaponry, double door protected cargo containers that are accessible also from the outside - and all kinds of survival gear for longer loot missions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.