Starship spotlight!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wildsauce, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Wildsauce

Wildsauce Ensign

What blueprint CV or SV that you made are you proud of? did you make a whole series based on it? Show everyone so we can all see your fantastic work and accomplishments!
    I'm certainly not super skilled at ship building, but I am still proud of my Aurora class exploration corvettes.
    Aurora's.png First one the Mk. 1 looks very sloppy I know, but that's because it was the first ever CV that i made. It was designed in Pre-Alpha 5.x.x when we had a solar system and CV's became mandatory if you wanted to go far. Prior to that patch i only used SV's to get around.
    The second one was actually not the Mk. 1a but the Mk. 2, built to be much larger than the Mk. 1 with more firepower and more utilities (probably not considered to be a corvette by its size lol). It was designed shortly after Alpha 1.0.0 launched.
    Mk. 1a was made to replace the Mk. 1 it is more sleek and more advanced than it's predecessor, and a lot more maneuverable featuring the upgraded RCS so it turns like a fidget spinner, designed in Alpha 3.x.x.
    Now the Mk. 3 is a new project for Alpha 6 it's mostly complete but I am waiting for Alpha 6 so i can put stuff like an armour locker and ventalator and all of that cool stuff and i'm going to texture and paint it too unlike with the Mk. 2 where i just got lazy and didn't finish painting it lol.

rainyday likes this.
  2. rucky

rucky Captain

I'm still extremely new to the whole building stuff thingie,
    so I mostly look at what others did, try it, quickly see some flaws and quirks, and then try to "fix" it (for me) ;-)

so I think there are two good blueprints arisen from that doings:

---

The NeutroExplorer
    ===============

(small class 2 CV, build level 12, just over 9000 Iron, only 4 Erestrum/Zaskosium due to Adv. Constructor)

[​IMG]

It's a modified Neutronium Class Corvette, small, cheap, just the best I could came up/get into when playing survial as a single person. Has anything one can need and can be upgraded to be even better!
    Already updated to 6.0 with Armor Locker, Ventilation system, Air tight, Sensors,...

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=933796148

---

The other one I'm even more proud of, even if it's not everybody's cup of tea...

The MiningMachine
    ===============

(consists of TWO Vessels: 1 small class 1 CV as a Base and a small class 1 HV as attached Miner)

[​IMG]

What makes it so special is that the Module has FOUR Drill-Turrets (one at each side, two horizontal two vertically aligned!) and is Coop-capable! (So Coop-Mining is a thing here!)
    With that it covers more than 90% of the terrain besides and under you! That means more mining time, less repositioning the Base craft, so faster Mining! ;-)

(Please keep in mind, CV-Mining turrets will NOT work on planets, so you only can use HV-Turrets and therefore a HV to do the Mining!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steam-Link to Base: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937859150
    Steam-Link to Module: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937859255

Not sure if it's A6.0 ready yet (it's not by default, because the Base has no O2, no Ventilator, nor has the Mining-Hover (besides O2), and both are open vehicles by design...)

As I said, surely not everybodys cup of tea, but mining was so fast (in relation to T2-Drill and standard driving Mining-Hovers...) that's incredible!!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    binhthuy71 and Siege Inc. like this.