The Babylon Project !

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by piddlefoot, Dec 13, 2016.

1. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

A station over 2.2klm long in game.

Getting there, slowly.....

[​IMG]

2. vicomt

vicomt Captain

That's going to be fun :D

what's it mass/estimated mass & block count?

3. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Big thing is BIG!
    Must've been painful "extending" something that long, good job!
    (got a bp of a 2km stick?)

4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I have multiple BPs but none 2.2 klm long, the BP for this when it comes in a few months, will be just the internal shuttle bus that runs the length of the station, because each station has to be lined up I am just putting the shuttle in the BP but on the BP page a link to a dropbox map file, so you can put it into your creative or survival even a server if you like, by just replacing one playfield folder.
    I will leave detailed instructions of how to get it into a server also.

Its had a few 'painful' moments, that barrel is damned long and very big and round there are litterally millions and millions of iron ingots in this, I havent added them all up yet but I suspect there is no build in Empyrion that comes even close to the size of this thing.

I started at 3.4klm long and shrunk it due to render range draw. You would not see the station until your so close it pops into view and being so huge fills most of the sky instantly, so 2klm is about this game absolute max, but that station, right now, causes no lag, look how stupid huge that is !

This game has some real awesome potential sliding into Beta and optimizations.

I see little stations lag that are loaded with devices, but when you build with no devices at all, man the game can really handle alot of blocks.SE used to just crash if I layed so many blocks. Seems to be a hard limit in SE to the actual map itself.
    Empyrion the grids are smaller but I have not found an actual block amount limit per map yet, and as you can see I have really tried !

vicomt and oojimaflip like this.
  5. vicomt

vicomt Captain

It's such a shame we have to resort to trickery like this to get massive ships. I really feel for you having helped build something that's probably only a 1/4 of the mass of yours. How have you coped with the painting? lol.

6. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

Wow.whaaaa Is this a few bases lined up around the 'shuttle bus' you mention? or some other magic?

7. vicomt

vicomt Captain

Yeah, it's BA's mergestructed to be aligned, but not merged completely

8. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Merge doesnt work for space yet.
    Had to go into godmode, to line everything up, takes about 4 or 5 goes for each section to get it spot on, I have a measuring stick fore each section to the next, I can line things up, move them in out left right up or down with a few tricks.

9. Sofa Kingdom

Sofa Kingdom Commander

would be nice if we could manually select the coords and rotation when placing BPs

10. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I am working on a system that will make it really easy to line up each section, but the station is so huge, and bug testing has taken my time up for the last 5 odd weeks into x-mass so I haven't done much one it for a bit, but in time, when I figure the details, it should be really easy to bring into a game.
    I can bring it into a creative or survival game now by swapping out a playfield folder etc, but it has to be done carefully now with all the new server settings or it ends up corrupting the save. I usually start a new game with identical settings if I move it to a new map. Including all the AI settings.