The Frontier (Also posted in RP)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Red Marked, Apr 14, 2017.

?

What Faction Appeals to you most?

1. War-Locked

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Florans

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Faction i am planning to establish

100.0%
  1. Red Marked

Red Marked Ensign

If you are reading this, i will assume you are interested in the world myself an a handful of friends are trying to generate in my server (known as War-Locked.) I have described what my server is about in character in other games before, but to avoid any possible confusion for any would be colonists/soldiers/governors/scientists i will be very clear with what the server is about.

The frontier is an RP server that focuses on striving for survival and success in an uncaring galaxy. at this time we have 4 regular players and are striving to gather more dedicated participants in our realm. you will start in our server the same way you usually would, gathering resources, staying fed, and battling the hordes of beasts hell bent on consuming your flesh, but there is a catch. Like the great Andrew Ryan said "a man chooses, a slave obeys." i am giving you ultimate choice in joining this server. Will you join the War-Locked and find a life of responsibility and sacrifice in the fleet or ground component? Or perhaps is a life of science and industry more your interest, and the way of the floran calls to you? Maybe neither of those call to you and you wish to strike out on your own? all of this and more is possible. Just as you make the frontier, the frontier will make you.

some key points that give an idea of the server's direction are as follows: Building a fully staffed mega-city in the trading outpost area (think deep space away from the asteroids), establishing outposts on all planets, engaging the economy through trade,

key ideas/terms

Governor: an individual who lives on a planet, and is either appointed by the council or by the residents of that planet. typically a senior ranked faction member or master of their own faction. the governor handles disputes, warfare, and industrial contribution to the mega-city. they also receive the "governor's bonus" which is a considerable investment in raw material as well as a capital ship of their choosing to serve as their flagship. the CV can be replaced with a massive land fortress if the governor prefers living on the surface.

The Council: All of the recognized Governors of the frontier have a seat and are required to vote on various administrative issues.

The War-Locked: One of the initial visitors to the frontier were the War-locked, soldiers and sailors from the ashes of the cataclysmic Galactic War which forced many to leave the protective boundaries of mankind's reach in search of new lands to settle. Though the frontier is generally a lawless and feral place, the War-Locked serve as the only semi-official military entity in the Frontier. The two branches of service in the War-Locked are Fleet Component (FC) and Space-borne Infantry (SI.) SI is responsible for ground based combat operations as well as protective duties across the Frontier. The Fleet Component serves as support for the SI. CAS (close air support,) resupply, transport, engineering, you name it, the fleet can do it. as of now the rank structure is Private, Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Colonel, General/Field Marshal/Fleet Commander. responsibilities will be outlined upon induction into the ranks.

The Floran: Far less is known of the Floran. Some say they were natives of the Frontier. others claim they were pirates who followed the War-Locked from the old world. Some further speculate that they are the scientific component of the War-Locked's fleet. War-Locked Surveyor teams have deemed that the Floran "may have once been human, but have become something far different. However, thier isolationist doctrine gives little in regards to cultural norms and practices."Very little is known of the frontier's hermits, and it will be on you to discover their origins, should you so decide to.

Independents "Indies"- the life of an Indie is a life outside the provisional control of the established factions. life will be difficult for you, but with enough grit you may just carve out a name for yourself on the frontier.

The "Omicron Accords": After brief military contact between the War-Locked and Floran, the two factions signed a peace accords over the skies of Omicron. that day, the Council was established and the frontier made its first steps towards civilized governance. whether the alliance holds is to be seen.

The Mega-City, The Project, the Endevor: The current desire of the Floran/War-locked alliance is to build a city in deep space the like of which has never been attempted. it will be the official Fleet Command of the War-Locked as well as serving as the economic, and scientific hub of the frontier. it will require substantial resources and man-hours to make, but when complete it will be the first step in wrenching control of the frontier from the Xenos.

Gateway (Aestus in other servers): Gateway is a harsh and inhospitible world that has substantial strategic value to the War-Locked. It serves as a literal gateway into the heart of the War-Locked's holdings on the frontier.

Bastion: The beating heart of the War-Locked, a planet just beyond the heavily defended gateway system. It is here that the War-locked initially planted their flag upon initial surveys of the Frontier.

Crucible: Another violent and feral world within the War-Locked sphere of influence, it is here that the vaunted Spaceborne Infantry are trained and initiated into the ranks, more often than not by blood.

If a life on the frontier appeals to you, please contact me on steam as Red Marked on Steam via this link
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035671784/
    We run the most current Beta Version, whatever it may be. We intend on expanding server size and adding planets/AI as necessary.

See you out there!

UPDATE: After some fiddling, we've brought our first new planets into the game! check the updated terms list for more info!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. SomethingReal

SomethingReal Ensign

Hello. Is this still going? The Steam link seemed to be broken.