The Lost City Of Sol-Exploration Scenario - Over 200 playfields.

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by piddlefoot, Jun 5, 2017.

1. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

So you copied the numbered scenario folder onto the server and it worked?

2. 2yysforu

2yysforu Ensign

3. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Can scenarios have the difficulty setting changed? To turn off air and radiation? I think those both need a lot more work before being included in an actual game.

4. 2yysforu

2yysforu Ensign

You would have to edit the play field from what I know.

5. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Open the Playfield you want to change and see below where it says Radiation just put 0 in there, no radiation.
    Where you see The Temperature day and night, sometimes theres 3 entries on temp, delete all 3 and paste the Akua Temperature in, and you can change the night time to 22 degrees also and not worry about temps for that playfield.

You need to do this for EVERY playfield you want it to effect.

# Playfield Characteristics
    RealRadius: 1303.797294
    ScaledRadius: 1300
    Gravity: -9.77
    AtmosphereDensity: 1.431
    AtmosphereO2: 0.25
    AtmosphereBreathable: False
    TemperatureDay: 35
    TemperatureNight: 10
    Music: alien2
    Radiation: 9.2
    DayLength: 24
    PlanetType: Alien
    Moons: 1
    Water: WaterGreen
    SeaLevel: 31
    PvP: True
    #Seed: 123456
    #UseFixed: False

NOTE *

The bug with the Trader on the Multigate will be looked at this week sometime, right now my server is down for a couple of days and all the saves and backups are on that PC as soon as its back online I will upload the fix.

Sixara™ and 2yysforu like this.
  6. 2yysforu

2yysforu Ensign

7. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

I thought that you could set the temperature to low high or off and the same for radiation before starting a game, is that not working anymore?

8. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Those settings are and always have been in the YAML file for that planet.\

# Playfield Characteristics
    RealRadius: 1303.797294
    ScaledRadius: 1300
    Gravity: -4.86
    AtmosphereDensity: 1.377
    AtmosphereO2: 0.05
    AtmosphereBreathable: True
    Temperature: 20
    TemperatureDay: 50
    TemperatureNight: -20
    Music: barren
    Radiation: 1.9
    DayLength: 24
    PlanetType: Barren
    Moons: 1
    Water: WaterBrown
    SeaLevel: 33
    PvP: False
    #Seed: 123456
    #UseFixed: False

9. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

I guess I'll wait until the development gets more refined and those settings are designed as sliders and check boxes and radio buttons in the settings screen.
    Looks interesting though, I just don't want to play with code anymore now that I am not doing it for a living anymore. :)
    I'll let those that get paid take care of that for me.

ButtonPusher likes this.
  10. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Captain

Amazing work Piddlefoot, cheers to you good sir, you are doing the good work. Thank you for it.

Installation on my small friends-only server is complete, only modifications made were to starting Earth items (for a little boost for players), and reduced wind speed from 3 to 1 (because the trees boogie-in' all over the place is just straight up stupid and ridiculous in my opinion, trees moving that much would snap in half, and require hurricane winds to move trees around that much, devs... looking at you).

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  11. Gobarg

Gobarg Commander

Piddlefoot. you deserve a beer mate and if aaronstar was here I'd get him a beer too.

We have a rented server that we use for coop, how easy is it for a complete ***** like myself to install this on the server?
    Is it just a case of subscribing to the scenario in steam or do I have to add files and stuff through the yamls?
    I really like this game so far but it definitely needs a lot more variety as far as planets are concerned and guys like yourself are filling in the gaps with great work like this.

ButtonPusher likes this.
  12. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Captain

hey @GTv , if you know how to use notepad++ in YAML language mode, you can install this and make modifications as you see fit very easily, no need to have that nose all stuck up in the air like you're special... break out the notepad and get crackin' if you wanna play it, it's not that hard man, trust me.

@Gobarg, it's very easy to do if you go by 2yysforu's post on page 2, i used Piddlefoot's instructions and 2yysforu's instructions and my server is up and running, spawned on Earth, all is good in the proverbial hood.

Gobarg likes this.
  13. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Getting an error trying to update the scenario, I have an update that addresses no Erestrum on Mercury and the trader error at the multigate but I cant upload it for some reason, the bug has been reported so with luck the next day or two we can get it updated or I will do a manual dropbox update and leave really detailed instructions on how to swap out the 2 files needed to be replaced. We hope it doesn't come to that though.

14. Yrth

Yrth Lieutenant

We have some trouble visiting Venus or Kepler501. I verified the according playfield.yaml files and found some possible errors. There were some '\t' (tab) chars, imho they should be removed/replaced with spaces.
    Don't know if this is the solution, because I am not our server admin.

15. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Captain

@piddlefoot I have a list of some errors (i believe), that i have found during editing of the playfield yamls, I would like to upload this txt file for you to assist you in anything here. I am only down to Mercury, but have found a few oddities. (please see the attached file).

and yes, i am manually editing every... single... playfield... yaml, just very very slightly.

Attached Files:

16. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Cheers mate I will take a look through them see what we come up with.

ButtonPusher likes this.
  17. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Captain

Update on server status and yaml checking / playfield testing -- for the most part all i found after that bit there was that Ovus has the TalonGuardian instead of TalonGuardianHerd in it, i'm not entirely certain if that is even an error, but i've noticed it in quite a few yamls now, but i did finally finish and regen the playfields we had loaded. I'll swing back by with compiled notes from players of issues / errors / bugs etc. Thanks again Piddlefoot for this amazing work, it's running well on my local machine and the players are really diggin' it man. Kudos.

18. Late2Gaming

Late2Gaming Lieutenant

Can someone direct me to planets that have Erestrum and Zascosium on them? Thanks!

19. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Captain

Most of the non-starter planets have anything you will need, the files are configured for large population servers, and some planets will yield most resources, or have asteroids out around them in orbits, which do regenerate.

You will not have to search much, try poking through the playfield yamls and you shall find your resource needs fulfilled quite easily.

In fact, a player on my server found 4 different asteroids (including zascosium and pentaxid both) in a cluster all very tight together around Jupiter, so it's not hard to find what you need. http://imgur.com/a/2YKaP

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  20. Late2Gaming

Late2Gaming Lieutenant

Thanks ButtonPusher, I appreciate your response. We will have to start putting drills on our CVs ASAP.

Also, we have found that most planets do not allow capital vessels, is this a glitch or intentional?

ButtonPusher likes this.