The Lost City Of Sol-Exploration Scenario - Over 200 playfields.

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by piddlefoot, Jun 5, 2017.

1. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I notice you haven't applied the micro update I did, which means one of the teleporters will be incorrectly addressed at the Multigate.

Im looking at Ziraxus and the Kepler planets now if eed be I will do a micro update thismorning and sort them.

2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

OK just updated Ziraxus and Kepler 501 where we have a critical bug that crashed game, file is sorted if you update the scenario now it should be working fine.
    The server will need to do an update to correct the issue.

Unsub and re-sub to update.

If yas find any other issues just post em here, while Im playing on server I can check em out much faster and correct them.
    Im about to join server now for the day, will be on and off.

Russell likes this.
  3. Russell

Russell Commander

Tried new game after unsub and sub, still can't start on Ziraxus, didn't try the Keplers. I'm SP. Finally found Erestrum in the only Kepler I could access, however I noticed that Erestrum was listed in the depletion meteorites of several planets, but not in the deposits. So not sure if that would even work. I saw a post where you said you added additional Erestrum but am wondering if you added it to the wrong fields.

4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

If your using the SP version you need to wait until I have finished the update for it, I expect around Monday for it to be complete, theres a heap of changes for the SP version and because the files are different from the MP ones I cant just copy and paste the MP files into the SP version sorry.

There will be a post in the SP thread with luck on Monday for the SP version, and Ziraxus and Kepler 501 are both corrected on the new version, I could update it today but because I have teleporters in the maps, there will be other errors as Im in the middle of setting up the addresses for them, so unfortunately its better just waiting till Monday for it.

This Thread is for the MP version of the game, for server operators.

If your looking for a similar planet to Ziraxus to start on, Ziraxus is an Alien planet.

Erestrum is corrected in the new SP version also, I had it set so you had to leave the starter system to find much of it but that's a bit hard so its been adjusted so Lava planets in the start system have it and a few asteroid belts now have it, but again, it will around Monday before I finish it.

5. Russell

Russell Commander

Hey thanks for all the hard work. I had my wires crossed about which posts were MP and which were SP. To be fair this thread header should make that clearer.

I just went thru the Radar Fortress, died a few times in the core room (must have been 30 or more nasties with a dozen spawners). Had to rush the core and sacrifice myself. What a buzz. First time I've ever really enjoyed a base attack. I am not the best with shooting and have dialled down the hitpoints on NPCs, but it's the traps and things that have added another dimension to attacking an enemy POI. This takes the focus away from the grind of shooting and being shot.

I wonder though if there is a switch to blow the core before entering that room? There is no way anyone can shoot their way to the core.

6. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Unfortunately the Zirax Radar base needs a re-work because an update changed how the signal logic works so in the update this POI and the Zirax Mining Facility POI have been removed until I get time to go through all the signal logic problems those 2 POIs have.

I have not had time to spawn all the POIs of the game in to check them because of a bug that changes the core to a player faction in creative, so every POI I lay Ive had to replace core and then check all logic sygnals and that all devices are actually powered because whats been happening is when you switch out the core, devices say there active in menu but are actually not powered, like the spawners, so this has prevented me fixing all the POIs for a while now, when its corrected I will be able to do an update based on JUST the POIs in the game as there are a couple that don't have Alien Red cores that should, that need fixing.

So with luck at this stage the POI alone update will be closer to 7.0 I believe, need to be absolutely sure its bug free as there are well over 100 POIs to check all custom.

And thanks dude, took along time to create glad your enjoying it.

7. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

great scenario! also thanks for adding my workshop item! rite now im playing on the crazy hard mode on a planet called Hubble something.

8. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Glad your enjoying it, and no problem thanks for putting it on workshop !

9. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I have a specific update that needs to be done on the servers.

Theres been an issue with the planet that has the jump gate to the Lost City, Im not sure how I did it, I think I mixed an older file up or something but the planet with the gate ended up in the wrong spot, this planet should not have generated yet because of this so that shouldn't be an issue, but just incase it is check your save folder and if the planet Vyrdis has already generated then delete it from the save folder.

I have updated scenario on Steam so planet is in correct position, however the planet I have put the Spookabar on is a whole new planet.
    The Spookabar will now spawn as a crashed ship on this planet.
    The Spookabar has a 1.5 hour regen timer.
    The Spookabar is a modified Developers original Titan, updated by someone on workshop I forget there name of top of head.
    Then modified by me into a POI with a Red Alien core, its set to re-gen every 1.5 hours.

Planet Now should show up connected to two planets in the starter sector..

Server operators.
    WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.

Start Steam, update the scenario first.
    This will correct the files in the Original Lost City of Sol-Exploration folder.

For the Server, not sure of your set up, home or ISP, but all you need to do is make sure all original files of scenario, ie, whats in the 'Lost City of Sol-Exploration' folder are updated, like I explained above through steam.
    You can manually drop the folders in the dedicated server scenario folder also, delete the old ones first if doing it manually.

Then go to your servers SAVE folder and find the sector file folder.
    Open it and delete the sector file inside the folder.
    A new sector file will be written to the save when you start server next.

This is all you should need to do.

The game should then generate a new sector file, which will then place the new planet in the correct place for the spookabar crashed POI and it will also generate on the new sector file the correct position of the planet I had to move to get the sectors linked again.

Very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, big thanks to Creative Gaming Network for helping me track bugs down faster.

If you get stuck, give me a yell on Steam chat and I can run through it with you.

10. N99024

N99024 Captain

So I've ran into an issue I'm trying to fix, Icarus

Icarus is apparently what a Asteroid minefield is kinda like, but a lot of the resource asteroids are way to close to the planet and far away from the ring itself, and the field is to close to the ring, I'll be trying to fix all of that to make it look more clean, we'll see how that goes.

I may have found the issue to why Andromeda was throwing out an error, and implemented a minor change i haven't tested yet.

That is all

11. N99024

N99024 Captain

Hey all, I've made personal adjustments to Icarus, its basically Imo a mining planet with its orbit, Also, my minor fix didn't work, going to put more work into figuring out the "Argument Exception: The object you want to instantiate is null"

As for Piddle, here's my edited .yaml of Icarus, cleaned up on the orbit anyways

Also, if you want to clean up some orbits asteroids, and need a way to visualize where the asteroids will spawn. https://www.desmos.com/ was a huge help in getting Icarus squared up, otherwise the eqautions needed to give you a visual que to where the outside limits of a asteroid ring are as follows
    Interior: (x-0)^2+(y-0)^2=4600^2
    Exterior: (x-0)^2+(y-0)^2=7000^2
    Height: -200 to 300 if y=0 (Field is the same way with height)
    The Asteroid Field is (x-0)^2+(y-0)^2=2000^2

Although that way is a little more labor intensive, I find putting some music on or something and having that graphing website really helps keep it clean :) Good luck

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  12. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I have already edited Icarus and the planet its one has had some other changes, Ive already been through all of the asteroid fields and relocated the asteroids, some were to low orbit basically, the long load time in these playfields isn't from an error, or poor location of roids in low orbit, its because there are so many 'voxel' asteroids added to that playfield, I have reduced some of the numbers to increase load time, I will take a look at your playfield and see if its usable, hard to say atm with all the modification I have already done.

There are 9 or so other playfields that had the slow load issue that have also been edited.

However I did a small update a few days ago for the MP scenario, still haven't finished updating the SP version, its a lot more time consuming.
    This new update Im doing now is for the 7.0 release for MP.

The next thing I would like to sort out is the SP version, its been slightly left behind for a week or so tracking MP bugs.

I do thank you for the effort you put into this, the upper and lower limits will come in handy also so thanks dude.
    Now I must go skull some coffee lol 5am n all, and start the squared eyed [ I have square reading glasses !] yaml hunt on SP !

N99024 likes this.
  13. N99024

N99024 Captain

Well my version of your version still has all the Asteroids originally but they are all place in the orbit, if anything it makes me feel like creating a custom asteroid field that's just kinda laiden with mineable asteroids. Because I feel like the scenario is kinda missing that a little

14. N99024

N99024 Captain

Although I think one of the servers I did attend had that, so I'll need to check through that list again.

15. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Yea that would be cool just mineable roids in orbit, problem I see is load times though.
    Its not so bad after the first player has visited, but the first player that goes there has to wait for the playfields to be created b the server in realtime, that can delay and freeze the screen of the client/player connected to it for up to 30 seconds with just the amount I have now so more could be a huge load time issue for first player there.

I guess you could as admin, TP to all planets first and make the server create them before any players join server is only backdoor way around I can see.
    Its still problematic though, we had the very same issues in SE , even to this day theres a lot less roids in SE space than Empyrion space, the 1500 roid fields are a neat trick by Eleon but that can only be used for rendering tricks you can never dig them roids.
    I built a several hundred riod map in SE, it failed to load on the fastest PC you could buy in the day.
    That's several hundred.
    Yea wasn't clever.

Anyway maybe if you spread the ones in the playfield now and make the field a lot less dense , Id love to be able to create the asteroid fields like Eleon do, with the roids that you cant dig, there are many patterns we could slap on them to make it wikid interesting, but either way if you want to upload the playfield when you have done it I will insert it into 7.0 version in one of the playfields if its not to much of a performance killer.

I may need a copy of playfield to test it for a couple of weeks before I put it in.

16. N99024

N99024 Captain

Hell, i didn't say it was just going to be all Mine-able Asteroids, I don't even know why someone would subject their computer to that lol, but I do have a good idea of what i want to do, and it makes me want to test an idea I have....

17. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Well I have put as many as I can in to a point where anymore will effect performance load times drastically, the devs have made this better because they have different assets load at different times which speeds up loading a playfield when you visiting it, but that's only useful after the playfield has been created, that first visitor, he has to wait for its creation and that must all be done at once.
    I cant justify anymore in the orbit until devs to more optimizations, were already pushing it to its limits.

18. N99024

N99024 Captain

Well i just finished the Asteroid mining field, and I have to say I'm quiet satisfied with it, its designed to have 1 voxel of each type of resource, excluding Iron, Sathium, and Pentaxid.

Pentaxid as Voxels 1 and 3

Iron and Sathium has 2 asteroids of voxels 1, 2, and 3 Because lets face it, in multiplayer, most, if not all ships are really expensive in those departments

And first time loading is relatively quick abouit 4 secs with my tech, If i wanted to add more, I'd probably do it in a Asteroid ring since the field is pretty much filled in the empty spaces where a asteroid would fit, but also makes it so smaller miner CV's would benefit in the area more than a larger "Do it all" CV.

19. N99024

N99024 Captain

oh, heres the copy of the playfield if you want to use it
    just put it under a folder name of whatever you want to use and it should be good to go, and look good.

Attached Files:

20. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Thanks added to next update of scenario.