This has turned into a public debate about "trusted" servers. Care to weigh in?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Keith Hovey, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackall

Jackall Commander

I have applied for our server just because it's available and it will affect my server but I agree with Taelyn.

Besides, the only thing it really does right now is turn the server title blue, as far as I can tell. Other than that, what's the big deal? Not like new players go to the forums before they log in to the game. In game, the blue servers don't have a filter or description (yet) so as of now they only benefit is that it is blue.

Taelyn likes this.
  2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

They do have a filter ;) Click only hide standard servers and they will showup with the official servers

3. Jackall

Jackall Commander

Ah ok, guess going to only my server, I overlooked that.

Well then, I guess there is something to argue about afterall. :)

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

U love the funcion or u hate the funcion.

As i said before. I understand that something is wanted/needed to prevent bad server, bad revieuws, ppl complaining on the forum or steam.

@Hummel-o-War mentioned a different system a week ago. Insteed of this, a community voting concept. Community votes what server gets a special status for some time and then cant apply for it anymore for some time so other servers have a chance.

I think thats a better way since then we the players, community have something to say in it. Now Eleon follows certain rules to get it or to take it away. Not that i dont trust Eleons judgement, but everyone can apply and if u have some numbers playing u will get it. So whats the point? In a month or 2 a 3 we all will have it.... (except ppl who dont have what u need to have) Back to square 1.... And what makes those ppl who dont have the 25 slots or run a server on there own pc a lesser server? And with this status u bring other servers down. So a community say would way more benifit for everyone

Better one server beeing voted by a community and rotate it :)

Next to that. This whole thing wont stop ppl for complaining or beeing pissed about whats going on at a server anyway

Yes your server shows up, Yes its easyer to find the server. But comeone most ppl who join the game filter on player count and not on something else.. And its kinda proven that haveing 150 ppl on a server, ur server wont like it in the first place how powerfull it is :). So getting allot of new player will kill your server anyway since the game is not optimized. Most benefit will be with small servers

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2017
  5. Jackall

Jackall Commander

I agree with Taelyn, it'll be pointless in a few months. Only new servers won't have it and then it will be hard for them to get it cause no one will join that server since it's not blue.

A popularity contest! Nope, sry, can't agree with this one honestly. I bet most of the players don't visit the forums anyhow. It'd just be a forums popularity contest at that point. Make the wrong post and then your popularity just went down. It wouldn't be related to the server for the most part.

I honestly think they should just ditch the idea altogether and make no one blue.

Jack

Taelyn likes this.
  6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    The community vote would be problematic as well.

So we decided to change this to a "verified" model. This should work for now as it just says "this server is verified by the devs". It does not give any quality label for "extraordinary world creation" or such.

Maybe we will see some promotional (timely based) options in the future.

Repier and Taelyn like this.
  7. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Agree Hummel :)

8. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Im excited to see these changes! Though there are fewer servers than I expected to see. I guess not many could be verified or not a whole lot of applicants. Its amazing to see how different all the communities are too.

Wow ya know after going back and reading through I think I owe you guys an apology. I didnt intend on stirring all of this up lol. Though in the end it seems things may have worked out a little better this way. Still. You guys really do an amazing job considering what you have have to sort through every day and 6.o brought SO MANY good changes.

I cant wait to see what you guys have planned for 7. I'll be honest... Rooting for Factions to be fixed and quest chains through NPCS hahahahaha but theres probably a thousand more important things to do im sure. Thats kind of the problem developing a game in this category. there are literally thousands of possibilities and everyone wants something different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.