Thrid person camera off-center

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Fulgrim, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Fulgrim

Fulgrim Ensign

Did anyone else stubbled upon the issue of the third person camera being off the center axis?

I downloaded a BP from the workshop, and its camera ended up being a bit to the left.

Now, i made some time after my own CV, and now i noticed it got the same issue.... its kinda driving me crazy not to have this on the center. Do you have any tips on how to repair/avoid that?

2. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

When in 3rd person view, press ALT to enable free look... center the camera and press ALT again. Then, go into the cockpit, take a breath and then go to 3rd person view again... the positioning should have changed based on the free look positioning. Let us know if that helps. I believe the 3rd person view is saved with the BP, though I'm not sure anyone really pays much attention to it because it's so easily adjustable.

Edit... upon further review, it looks like only the zoom is saved between free-look and chase view. Page up and Page Down keys can be used to adjust height. Your off-center issue may be a result of something forcing the camera to one side or the other. Try going to free look, zooming out a ways and then press V twice to save it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  3. Fulgrim

Fulgrim Ensign

Well, sadly none of this is helping. There's nothing behind me forcing my camera, and page up/down is changing stuff on the wrong axis (Y, while i'm looking for X).
    [​IMG]

Happened to an SV before, only wrokaround i found is build it from the ground up... I really would like to avoid it with a capital ship.

Here's a screenshot (shomehow the forum don't let me paste it into the post).
    http://i.imgur.com/32doRo0.jpg

4. Captain Jack II

5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    That link is missing the s in https

[​IMG]

For the OP it may be handy to upload the blueprint to the workshop then put the link to it here so people can have a better look at it

6. Captain Jack II

post your BP... that would tell us if something is up with that or your computer, game install, or something else.

7. Fulgrim

Fulgrim Ensign

As soon as i figure out how :x
    Tho, its most likely the BP as other CV work fine, and when my friend spawned the same ship it ended up off-center as well.

8. Senji

Senji Ensign

Turn ur Core 180 degrees. The Ship was made in reverse.

go make a CV Core and plot it on the ground.....the Cocpit is in Correct Alignment .... now remove that cocpit and face it the other way and now ur crosshair is offset to the right.

Attached Files:

9. Fulgrim

Fulgrim Ensign

Turned the core, its not helping. I tried ever position of the core.

Tried to rotate the cockpit too, the cursor is offset no matter the direction the cockpit is facing :/

If you could tell me how to send the BP, could you try to correct it?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  10. Senji

Senji Ensign

u turned it in its place or took it out and turned it then place?

11. Fulgrim

Fulgrim Ensign

Tried both turning the original core - didn't work. Then tried replacing the core - didn't work.

12. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Anyone else find a solve for this issue? I am working on a CV right now and its doing the same thing. When sitting in a cockpit seat centered with my ship, with a core that is centered (and was never moved) my 3rd person view of the ship has the ship justified to the left. I tried removing the core, replacing the seat, logging in and out etc and nothing worked. The ship is still offset to the left.

I'll keep trying things. I cant post the ship yet as its not done (I dislike showing builds that are works in progress).

13. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    @Pyston
    I haven't seen it for a while. You can PM @Hummel-o-War the blueprint or just the .epb file for the devs to have a look at.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Pyston likes this.
  14. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Thank you Pantera. Will do.

15. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Pantera, I think I found my issue. I am a *****, I built the ship backwards. I noticed when I place a chair it was showing me the front of the chair and I just spawned the ship in a new creative and it spawned with the front facing me. I am going to google search if this can be fixed, but if you have any insight it would be appreciated. I figure I should just start building the ship over from scratch :(

16. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

It was Senji, not Pantera that gave you that correct answer.

17. Pyston

Pyston Captain

I was replying to Pantera and just explaining that I understand why the ship is not centered. There is no fix, I already tried it. He is the only person in this thread that responded to me, and so I was replying to him.