[TOOL] [DISCONTINUED] Empyrion Playfield Designer Alpha7 v1.36.1 [deprecated version]

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Works now :) ty :)

@Captain Jack II

Ye start without EAC then it should work with the latest fix

jmcburn likes this.
  2. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Holy Honolulu it worked!! It WORKS!!!! IT REALLY WORKS LOL!!!!

Taelyn and jmcburn like this.
  3. Captain Jack II

ok... but now it doesn't save the coordinates. It seems to populate the fields ok, using the "<" button, but it doesn't save them when I click OK. When I go back and edit the same object, the coordinates don't save. It's like it misses it's call to the database... or something.

4. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thx for the info. confirmed.

Will fix it.

For the time beeing, as a workaround after importing the coordinates, click once in every coordinate field (X/Y/Z) before clicking ok in the editor. Then it should store the coordinates, as the update process for now is designed to only update and save, if you enter something into the textboxes.

/jmc

5. Captain Jack II

Good call. I'll manage... this is freaking FANTASTIC!!!

jmcburn likes this.
  6. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Glad you like it. There's more to come. ;)

7. Captain Jack II

Oh... and while you're in there, the Rotation parameters won't accept decimal numbers.
    Screenshot - 7_1_2017 , 3_55_38 PM.jpg

8. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

That's not possible according to the devs. Rotation only accepts whole degrees.

9. Captain Jack II

Yes, that's what I mean. My rotation in world might be 40.345674, and that value goes into the field when I press the "<"... but it won't save it because it's not a valid number.

10. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Yeah, Rotation did not work until now. Till now it was not rotation, but also just the coordinates :D
    But here it is:

UPDATE (v1.33.2)

CHANGES:

• added: fetching Rotation from in-game player now works as well. Bear in mind though, that one of the three axis (don't know, if it's called pitch, yaw or roll) only gets imported when in a vessel, as a player on foot can't rotate sideways. :D
      Also: Rotation gets only imported by whole degrees. No decimals allowed in game for rotation of POIs, etc.
    FIXES:
    • fixed: Coordinates did not get saved into playfield on clicking 'OK'.
    DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0UFVNQjBPSGhmTGM/view?usp=sharing

/jmc

Taelyn likes this.
  11. Captain Jack II

You're an animal. :)

jmcburn likes this.
  12. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.33.3)

CHANGES:

• added: In lists you can now use the 'DEL' key to delete multiple selected list items at once.
    • Description TextBox is now resizable
    • removed count and size limits on RandomResources (resp. set them to max. 255 now instead of 20/30)
    FIXES:
    • fixed: In all ranges the first range value (item1) did not save anymore on clicking 'OK'.
    DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0UzNic0pzWHRRWW8/view?usp=sharing

/jmc

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Taelyn, RexXxuS and Captain Jack II like this.
  13. Captain Jack II

This thing has been an absolute godsend. There are stingy folks out there resisting "mods", me being one of them, but holy hell, your tool has increased my custom scenario building efficiency by at least 50%. For instance... I spit out a planet and I'm wandering around and I say wow, this is a good spot for something. I can use your tool to capture my exact position, and then use it to place a POI right where I'm standing. There is a little bit of tweaking that still needs to happen, but your tool makes it infinitely easier than a text editor. AND, being able to regenerate the in game playfield after making changes in your tool... is bad ass.

you best hope it doesn't catch on or you're gonna be inundated with tech support.

jmcburn likes this.
  14. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thank you for your kind feedback. Glad to hear, that it is of some help. :)

15. williamv1999

williamv1999 Ensign

Is there a way to restrict access to planets based on Origin? We tried placing a 1 in restrict to Origin in the playfield we want restricted, but when clicking save or save as, the value does not save to the playfield.yaml... Any help would be great..
    Thanks,

16. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Nope there isnt.

The option u used is ment for instances and doesnt work to restrict planets. Server who have planet origin restrictions use custom scripts

jmcburn likes this.
  17. williamv1999

williamv1999 Ensign

Thanks for the reply Taelyn... I appreciate it greatly. Maybe we can work on that.

18. Captain Jack II

If we could save turret settings, you could put a war ship in orbit and control planet access based on faction.

Valkin and Taelyn like this.
  19. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.33.6) with Alpha experimental 6.4.0 support

CHANGES:

• added 'DespawnDelay' to AsteroidResources ('Always' dropbehaviour)
    • EPD Mod: IP and Port are now configurable via options. The currently used IP and port of the Mod will also be listed in the game's console after loading or starting a game.
      Important: Before first use of this version, delete the old 'Mods\EPD' folder in the game's content folder.
      After changing the IP and/or port in EPD you have to restart EPD and the game.
      As always, you have to start Empyrion WITHOUT EAC (via empyrion.exe in game's folder, not via Steam) to use any of the MOD functionality.
    • EPD Mod .dll will now be updated automatically in the game's Mod folder, if a newer version is included with EPD.
    • Added new music: 'BarrenMoon', 'DistantWorlds', 'Migration', 'Vanguard'
    • Added new deco: 'AlienPalm'
    • Added NPC 'WoodWalker'
    • Changed playfield property 'PvP' to always emit to yaml regardless of value. Before ' false' did not emit to yaml. Needed to support a function in EAH.
    DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0WlBrb0t1c1k0NjA/view?usp=sharing

/jmc

Taelyn and Captain Jack II like this.
  20. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Noticed an odd behavior with the program, it could be due with something I am doing or not but I thought its worth mentioning.
    Issue - When custom playfeild is loaded in game = repeated CoQ (Null Reference....blahblah... Key) in console/logs
    Fix - Global Effects/Local Effects "Name" or "Type" is switched or missing.

This only occurs when heavily editing an existing yaml such as Temperate or Desert.

The program seems to be deleting the "Name" or "Type" line in the yaml for weather & effects. Wish I could list exact steps but
    it doesn't seem to produce the exact result every time. This occurred on 3 of my custom planets out of the 70 I've been working on. The completely custom (from scratch) yaml's haven't produced the behavior.

Your program has saved me weeks, I'm bringing 'dead' custom planets I've created back in Alpha 3, 4, & 5 back to life in 6.0 on Akira and other servers. I'm hoping to complete my project this month and making Akira a "Planet Shopping" server for the community.

Captain Jack II and jmcburn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.