[TOOL] [DISCONTINUED] Empyrion Playfield Designer Alpha7 v1.36.1 [deprecated version]

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Ahh, OK, will look into it tomorrow. It should be imported with the prefabs, i guess, but i think, i use the ingame objects at the moment.

/jmc

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

oke :) ill w8 till tomorrow and edit it the old way for now :)

3. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.10.1) HOTFIX

CHANGES:

• Changed DroneBase Combobox Source to Users Prefabs Database, so that all the Users and Games prefabs (just the ones with a GroupName defined though) can be chosen as Random Drone Base.
      Don't know, if that's the best / final solution though, because RandomGenerator now can pick and choose any Prefab as Random Drone Base. Freighters and TribalVillages don't make for good Dronebases. :D
    FIXES:
    • Fixed an issue, when after RandomGenerator was running no items were preselected in Listbox anymore. If you clicked on edit or delete then, EPD crashed.
    Download Link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0c2g4UkVBZjJ2UXM/view?usp=sharing

/jmc

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    oojimaflip and Taelyn like this.
  4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Found a bug. With the Recourses depth u have min 1 max 10.
    Should be min 0.

"Range of how deep to bury depots below terrain surface (e.g. 0 = partly visible, 3 = top of depot starts 3m below surface)"

Also there is missing the

"MaxDroneCount: 1 # if at all, 1..n drones will defend the resource [default = 1]"

5. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.10.2)

CHANGES:

• Optimized and changed RandomGenerator for Lists.
    FIXES:
    • Fixed: RandomResources' Min Depth ValidatorMin was set to 1 instead of 0.
    • Fixed: RandomGenerator Lists did not go randomizing more than one level deep.
    Download Link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0cFp4dVppY0lBbVk/view?usp=sharing

@Taelyn:
    Thx for testing.
    MaxDroneCount should be in and set to allowed values from 0..20. What issue are you having there exactly?

/jmc

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    oojimaflip likes this.
  6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

hehe sorry iam blind :D somehow i didnt see that :p

jmcburn likes this.
  7. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Yo,

Since i a while i got this error already. Already removed whole program and downloaded it again but keep getting it.

Each time when i close the app and start it back up it says cant find the game folder and have to locate it. If i remove the config folder
    each time first and then start it up then no problem at all.

Do u know what this is?

8. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

That's strange. can you please check or send me your logfile located in EPD Mainfolder/logs, after this problem occurs.

/jmc

9. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Log only says after the error :D. Doesnt say much =)

26-3-2017 14:17:13 | LOG initialized
    26-3-2017 14:17:13 | System initialized

But here is a screenshot from the error

Attached Files:

10. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

weird. :D

can you please post the contents of your config file?

11. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16" standalone="yes"?>
    <EPDSettingsFile MainAppPath="C:\Empyrion Playfield Designer\" GamePath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\" ContentPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Content\" PlayfieldsPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Content\Playfields\" SectorsPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Content\Sectors\" LastPlayfieldFile="">
    <test />
    </EPDSettingsFile>

12. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

ok, found it. :D

forgot to check for 'EmpyrionDedicated.exe' on second start onwards.

Will be fixed in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

But as I'm including localizations at the moment, the code is still kinda messed up a bit. So it could take some time. Maybe even today, but maybe some days. Sorry.

Thx for your feedback.

/jmc

Taelyn and oojimaflip like this.
  13. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.15.1) Edit Hotfix

Localizations (Language Support)

Now also in German / Jetzt auch in Deutsch!

upload_2017-3-28_21-39-4.png

CHANGES:

• Added possibility for Localisations (Language support). Everyone can create his own localization now. All the language specific text strings are all stored in csv textfiles in data/locale subfolder.
    • Added German Localization
      If you want to implement your own localisation of your native language, you can find all the csv text files under data/locale. But this textfiles still can or will be extended in the future.
      HowTo:
      -
      Add a new folder corresponding to your OS regional setting, example fr-FR. You can find a list of all? the cultureinfo strings here:
      http://www.csharp-examples.net/culture-names/
      - first two letters are the language identifier, second two or three letters after the dash represent the region.
    • - copy the textfiles from de-DE (german translation, most complete at the time, english will follow soon)
      - edit in notepad++ or excel.

Files & Format:
      - files with prefix 'UI_PLF_'. These define playfield properties like Real Radius, ...
      The format of the file is:
      PropertyName Identifier (don't change!) ; Property's Localized Name ; Localized Description (=ToolTip Info) // optional comment
      // defines a comment at the end of the row
      - prefix 'Items' These are the Localized Names of database items e.g. IronResource->Iron
      - prefix 'UI_' General UI
      - make sure to edit in UTF-8 Encoding or convert later on (e.g. with notepad++), otherwise
      special characters that may be part of your language like e.g. à, ê, ... won't display correctly.
    • Removed possibility to add Decorations to 'MainBiome' and 'SubBiomes' Section. After talking to the Devs, those aren't supposed to be changed or added to and are just dummy decos (still needed the way they are in though). If you add decorations here, you will end up with strange holes and ditches in playfield terrain and maybe even crashes on loading.
      Decorations in 'Biome' Section are fine and still in, of course.
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • At the moment, localizations will be picked automatically based on your OS Setting. So for german speaking countries it will automatically switch the UI to german. At least it should, if not, please report. :)
      Setting of preferred localization will come later e.g. for non-english speaking users who still prefer an english user interface.

The way EPD chooses language:
      First it will look for the exact locale set in your OS. So for example de-DE for German Language with regional settings of Germay. If not found, it uses a Localization with the same language, if still not found, it falls back to en-US. Finally, if no localization is found in locales folder, it will use the built in english names and descriptions.
    FIXES:
    • Fixed: if installed based on dedicated server folder, from second start onwards EPD kept asking for Main Game Path over and over. Wasn't checking for EmpyrionDedicated.exe, just for Empyrion.exe. Fixed now.
    • If you added a new item to a list and clicked immediately on OK, the item name of the new item was emtpy amnd yaml created a wrong itemname based on DisplayName (e.g. 'Iron' was written to to playfield.yaml instead of IronResource)
    • EDIT HOTFIX: Buttons on ListBoxes were all labeled 'Neu...' in german translation. Sorry.
    Download Link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0SGVTWGQ1dUpZaHc/view?usp=sharing

So please test and report, especially if something is broken now that worked before the update. Chances are quite high due to the rather big changes in code. :D

/jmc

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    oojimaflip, Jascha and Taelyn like this.
  14. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Empty selection boxes :D its everywhere just picked a section to show u :)

Attached Files:

15. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

you've been to fast i guess, or i've been to slow. this is v1.11, isn't it? please check. Uploaded wrong version at first. :D

Taelyn likes this.
  16. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

should be 1.11 already saw that but didnt think it was that haha :D

EDIT : Works now ye :) ty going to mess with it :D

jmcburn likes this.
  17. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

v1.15 should work. fixed that issue already.

Hopefully. :D

18. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

ye it works now :) guess i was to fast with downloading it haha :D

Other question. When do u put the new 6.0 stuff in here, the planet ships and new spawn settings?

19. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

The next version will be introducing playfield versioning.
    That will include the changes new to 6.0.

So in the future you will be able to switch between versions. At least between the most recent ones.

/jmc

Taelyn likes this.
  20. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

oojimaflip likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.