Translation project - v.2.0

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Dipi Evil, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

Hello Dipi Evil,
    you translated from English to English for the French translation, and each time I translate to Franch your English version comes up.
    The 95.2% translation to French is quite misleading, because most of the translation haven't been done.
    How can I delete the English and put the French instead?

2. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

How does the project work?
    Who approves the translations?
    For the moment, most of the French translation is composed by Dipi Evil English and my French suggestions. If somebody downloads the file, what translation will be used?
    Writing the translations takes some time, I'd like to know if it is useful.

3. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

More questions:
    Can I use LibreOffice to modify the CSV and then send it back once modified? Many words are repeated and for the sake of coherence must be translated in the same way. A search and substitute tool would be mighty useful to translate 10 times the same word - or correct a translation with a more adapted word.

4. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Commander

I thought the same...I got the exact same word/phrase like 3 times and was like...this should be smart and use the word from previous time .D

5. Dipi Evil

Dipi Evil Lieutenant

Updated. You can now download the translation from the GitHub .

6. Dipi Evil

Dipi Evil Lieutenant

Well I´m not sure if you remove some of this words may be or not used in the game as a differente label (in a different context). I may search for it in the project and remove then at all, but I´m not sure... Maybe if you do it in your Localization.csv and check if no error occurs and after that I can remove then.

EDIT: Another option is to clean the repeated strings in the last CSV, clean the project, and re-upload it all of it

7. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

8. Dipi Evil

Dipi Evil Lieutenant

9. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

You da man!

10. Dipi Evil

Dipi Evil Lieutenant

Translation update in the Git. You can download it and update your game with the current translation stats.

[​IMG]

Lhetre likes this.
  11. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

The French translation is partial, many sentences are still in English, I have to find them one by one before translating them, which panfully slows down the process - mostly because at the moment I don't have much time. It will be eventually finished, but I don't have any ETA.
    (you should add the link to github)

12. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

13. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

I have finished translating to French, until the next game update, that is :)

Question : are the files in the github updated automatically? If anyone needs the translated .cvs, are they to download it from the github and get the last translation?

Question : see preceding message, I'm bothered by the 99.9% translation, because for the moment it is 100%

14. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

mergecsv/exe doesn't work
    - the instructions are unclear for a non programmer
    - my directories contains spaces
    - there is no localization.csv in the empyrion directory (no easy way to test the sentences)

I'm at a loss. (no longuer, see below)

Edit
    • Found localisation.csv in E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Extras
    • I'm spell checking the files, some words aren't in the localisation.csv, mostly in the multi-player related menus
    Edit (2)
    Because there aren't many people following, I'll keep editing this post.

• I'm NOT finished translating. Having English text into the French spot hid the untranslated phrases. I'm going through the csv again.
    • "localisation.csv" on the OnSky site doesn't contain the PDA text : help, hints, and missions are missing.
    • PDA text is here : E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Extras\PDA\pda.csv
    • Dipi, can you put the pda.csv into OneSky? And on github?
    • I need to know if github files are updated automatically.
    • It would be useful to put on github a csv containing English and every translated language. All of them. In this way the mergecsv.exe would become unnecessary, simplyfing the manipulation (you'll only have to copy the new file into Steam directory).
    • Is the csv UTF-8? I'd like to use LibreOffice to edit it. EDIT *.csv can be opened and modified with LibreOffice, if you save them using UTF-8.
    A note to Luca Gagliardi.
    Sorry pal, your tranlsations were seen as "Has no vote", don't know way. This list also contained most of the untranslated phrases and I had to modify all of them to be able to work on a clean list.
    I modified some translations that were incoherent ingame, but I didn't want to take the credit over you. The presence of English phrases in the French column made the task of finding untranslated sentences relly time consuming.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  15. Dipi Evil

Dipi Evil Lieutenant

Hi!

Sorry for been away from awhile. I have not played the game so frequently.

The PDA string are in a separated file. The project is to translate the UI online by now.

The previous tool to translate was integrated to GitHub, so after any update the github project was updated too. But OneSkyApp is not.

That advice for the translation only in english is good, but the OneSkyApp tool doens´t export in a customized way. In any way you have to manipulate the csv file.

The mergefile is intented to make easy the translation and almost automated for a newbie player considering that we are using OnSkyApp. Just run it and it should be work for all because it use the default folder for installation. If your Empyrion is installed in a different folder or you want to translate a different localization file you can use the parameters.

For translation that doenst correspond to the context you can mark it for review in OneSkyApp.

And I have updated the translation in GitHub!

[​IMG]

Lhetre likes this.
  16. Dipi Evil

Dipi Evil Lieutenant

Lhetre likes this.
  17. Dipi Evil

Dipi Evil Lieutenant

That happens when we migrated the translation platform. :(

The same happen to brazillian phrases.

Lhetre likes this.
  18. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

- French is 100% now, thanks, it was bothering me. :)
    - Some ingame words are not listend in the CSV - I assume devs haven't added them to the CSV file yet. Mostl are multiplayer UI related. Are you in contact with the devs? Can you tell them part of the UI can't be translated as of now?
    - I was trying to say that mergefile is not easy to use, it is quite impractical as you have to go through a command window to use the parameters. Moreover Windows command interface doesn't allow spaces in the path.
    - On the other hand, downloading the CVS from OneSkyApp, after ticking English and your preferred language, creates a file you can use directly in the Empyrion directory. Mergefile is not needed in this case.
    - It would be practical to start translating the PDA file. Textes are much longer and need quite a bit of time. There will eventually be more people willing to translate, but personally my free time varies, so the earlier these files are available online the better - though I'm not rushing anybody.

19. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Commander

HWS server added an ingame guide inside the PDA, so I bet you can just find the file and translate the content.

20. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

It's more a question of organizing a systematic translation to several languages and making them available for other players than finding a file. We already know where the .csv are. I have seen some instructions about how to add information to the PDA, but then again, this is about the translation of the vanilla game.