Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer Staff Member

• Developer
    In this you can post your problems with setting up your server (port forwarding issues, etc)

lactobeezor and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. goldenastarotking

goldenastarotking Ensign

Hey, the dedicated server chat does not show me the player messages. (in the blue dedicated server window)

3. fuzzyheadedfreak

fuzzyheadedfreak Ensign

I have the server setup and running. I can direct connect with my external ip and port but the server is not on the server list. Thank you in advance for your help.

4. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Any progress on fixing the Telnet issue? Tried switching ports in the dedicated.yaml file, no success. Tried SSH for the heck of it, no success. Unable to start a CLI with my server!

Disregard this post....I did not realize you have to uncomment the lines in the dedicated.yaml file to enable telnet access. I won't delete the post though, so hopefully others learn from my very minor simple mistake!

(to uncomment, just remove the # symbols in front of the line you want to 'activate')

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    adriel likes this.
  5. adriel

adriel Lieutenant

Thank you, I saw the line with the port but did not see the enable line. Telnet works again :)

6. ALEXFIRE

ALEXFIRE Ensign

I realized that as well, but somehow for me it didn't work and is not working properly yet. even considering all the settings changes. I've Double and triple checked everything. I can't even connect to the server through direct ip and port. But, if I join my singleplayer, people joins there with me. Can't see my own server as well. A similar issue earlier was solved by its self (kind of :/) - way earlier in the test I've faced something similiar, but as some time went by looks like got solved by its self. So, I'm gonna check again in a few hours, reset everything and see if it Works properly. Thank you for sharing your experience I was thinking it was just me.

7. ALEXFIRE

ALEXFIRE Ensign

I've opt out of the BETA test but my game version still shows 4.0.1.0222. Does anyone knows if this is okay?

8. Neil

Neil Captain

This is fine. It is the current release of the game.

ALEXFIRE likes this.
  9. MaoZetunKe

MaoZetunKe Ensign

First of all i have to say that you made a really great game, and I like to play it, but now here´s my problem:
    I tried to start a own server, but this one just launches in the LAN mode.
    does anyone know how I can fix this?

greetings Mao

10. Mindkiller

Mindkiller Lieutenant

Will the server not run under win xp or do i need steam to run it ?
    Think the problem could be that in installed empyrion under win 7 64 bit and the server is win xp 32 bit.....

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  11. Neil

Neil Captain

Did you read the link they gave in the 4.0 announcement? Have you opened the port range (30000-30002) on your router?

My problem seems different. I've opened the ports and on my home network I see the game (but not shown as LAN). But here at work I can't see my server, but I see other servers.

Under the pre-deploy testing I could see at home my server listed twice, one normal and one with [LAN] after it. I presume one goes external and the other stays internal. Now, as I stated, the [LAN] one isn't seen at home, but the non LAN one is, and neither are seen from elsewhere. So not sure what is going on.

12. MaoZetunKe

MaoZetunKe Ensign

Hey, ty for answering, but I already opened those ports, and a friend of mine has the same problem, no one can see our servers, just we can see them as LAN... :(

13. Neil

Neil Captain

Actually, I misspoke. I CAN see mine, I thought I'd edited the file to change the server name but it was still "My Server".

Well, sorry I really have no more suggestions, other than to make sure you opened 30,000 - 30,002 NOT 3,000 - 3,002 like I did at first! If you were in the pre-launch test group they used a different port range. As long as the beginning of the range matches what is in the .yaml file it should work. Good luck!

14. ALEXFIRE

ALEXFIRE Ensign

I'm looking for a solution to the same problem. Kind of... I can't see my server listed either. On top of that I cannot connect to it even using direct ip and port. I'm using all the settings as instructed. Other players reported they've seen my server. I miss that :(. If you see it, please send my regards. Anyway, if I find something useful on the matter I'll type back in here. Just wanted you to know that you're not alone in that quest. Keep us posted.

good luck

15. MaoZetunKe

MaoZetunKe Ensign

and I also will write if I find a solution!

ALEXFIRE likes this.
  16. silwee

silwee Ensign

I have trouble joining my own game. I am hosting a dedicated server for 3 player, me and two friends.
    They can access the game, but i cant connect to it.
    I have my server in my gaming computer so i play on the same machine as the server, is that a problem?
    i have opened port 30000-30002 also. But i get connection error when i try to log in?? My friends on the other hand can log inn to the server... But me, locally. nope :( tips?

Sorry for my bad english

17. ALEXFIRE

ALEXFIRE Ensign

O
    Okay my solution was simple, I had forgot to connect to the server via ivp4. Done

18. silwee

silwee Ensign

It works for me when i manually connect to the server. When i connect thru the server list it does not work. Wierd.

19. rocco

rocco Ensign

Because the Windows server was released instead of Linux which was announced, then Linux server owners are forced to use Wine now.
    Anyone could set up and run EGS server under WINE??

20. ALEXFIRE

ALEXFIRE Ensign

I think I found the problem. Maybe there's actually a simple mistake in the instructions. The port interval we are supposed to open is from 29999 to 30001 - that way the port 30000 will be open. This worked for me, check it out. Would anyone confirm that, please? Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I've even exagerated in my interval. Ive opened until th instructed one but from 29999 - 30001 is supposed to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.