Unable to take over POIs

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Buk1973, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Buk1973

Buk1973 Ensign

I used their utility to set up the .yaml file. I created the "scenario" folder under "content" but don't have FTP access to upload the contents of the folder. I submitted a ticket and hope they help me out.

2. Buk1973

Buk1973 Ensign

I got everything working the way I wanted. Thanks everyone for the help! A quick question though when you crash lank on Akua isn't there supposed to be a prebuilt base you can use? I couldn't find one anywhere.

stimdealer0001 likes this.
  3. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

The multiplayer default scenario does NOT have 'wreckage poi' on the starter planets, which is that public base that looks like a crashed ship, etc. I had to add mine in manually, after editting the actual POI with an admin core so any new player can get their stuff from the locker. (Otherwise anybody can just set it private and everyone else is screwed.)

Buk1973 likes this.
  4. mid endian

mid endian Commander

mind sharing the hosting service you're using?

5. Buk1973

Buk1973 Ensign

6. Uncle Benny

Uncle Benny Commander

Wait, the personal locker is in fact a personal locker tied to a player? So each player has their own inventory in there?

7. mid endian

mid endian Commander

they'll be able to provide ftp, though I was hoping for remote desktop. they'll also provide the telnet port, and can change it on request.

be mindful of the custom scenario that you use. if you're using the multiplayer one, copy it to your own scenario with your custom changes.

8. mid endian

mid endian Commander

I think the items are split between player and escape pod. regeneration is also set on POIs.

9. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Correct, personal lockers contain loot specific to each player. Everybody gets the same loot (You set the loot in the playfield's yaml file under POI section)

You basically manually set which items you can start with from the escape pod, and which items are lootable from personal lockers.

Now that being said, if you have multiple starter planets, or multiple POI's with lockers, the player can loot each locker for it's loot once. So in my case, I have about 4 starter planets with 'wreckage' POI's, each with lockers, so if I wanted to I could fly to each starter planet and loot the locker for the items...not that that's a big deal once you have a warp capable CV anyway.