Vending Machine Device

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SacredGlade, Jan 12, 2017.

1. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Member

Take the trading market device. Remove most of the functionality. Leave the ability to list items for sale but with no expiry/time limit, combined with a 10 slot inventory. You now have a vending machine.

Whilst appearing to be more limited than the market, this would add far more to the game play:

Vending machines provide a real economic contribution and reason for visitors to call to your base to see what is stocked. Combining several vending machines, would make a shop. Having a refrigerated version give you a snack fridge. Combining several and you have a snack bar. (This allows real world work/reward options for example you could make money from being a farmer or provider of medical supplies, with a whole cycle of production, distribution and retail)

Credit collection is tied to the unit so the base private or faction owner collect the "pending" credits when they return to restock the vending machine.

Having code locks work on the unit, means you can have a private shop/supply station with real multi player commercial value. Not being a trade station means you cannot see what is on offer until you are in front of the machine.

The government can still take a 10% sales tax - to remove credits from the game.

- mainly helps the MP game, but in single player you could have a vending machine that sells high value expensive items in Admin protected structures or vast quantities of low value product. Giving you a real use for your single player credits! If the items are set to not deplete in SP (say on admin core structures) you have a working snack machine.

The functionality is pretty much already in existence in the trade market, so I imagine this would be a simple but high impact development to the game.

2. Gatt

Gatt Well-Known Member

Nice idea like you said would give people more reason to visit other bases. Would the type or quantity of items that could be sold be limited? For instance 100 items max or no ores or large ship parts could be sold

VISION305 likes this.
  3. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Member

Thanks Gatt, Yes I I feel you are right that limitations would need to be applied. I think there are (a few) limitations already on the Trade Market, so I would hope such functionality already exists (less development required equals a bigger chance of becoming an actual feature - that's my logic anyway!).
    For MP it would be nice to be able to let server owners have some control on these variables too, to encourage creative used and application?

BakerAble, VISION305 and Gatt like this.
  4. VISION305

VISION305 Well-Known Member

That is brilliant. I like this method slightly more than the current trade market system that is virtual and omnipresent. The main reason why I like it is because it encourages exploration but also gets people to visit other player's bases which gives players a chance for recognition as well.
    It is a brilliant idea.

Gatt likes this.
  5. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Member

Thanks for your comments Vision! Hopfully more on the forum will have the same view.