What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I mis-read your previous post; you were in a CV... oops.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. DuLux

DuLux Captain

I landed my Builder Platform on a POI...flat...was going to make a video about something else... but suddenly as I got out of the cockput BAAAMMM it turned 90 degrees and was stuck in the POI.

So it's a music video now.

3. GlassDeviant

GlassDeviant Commander

You literally cannot have a warp capable CV with any less blocks than this. It can't land on a planet, the strain on the engines hits 140%. It even redlines in space at times. It is basically a strap-on warp engine for an SV, much like in that one Star Wars episode. No weapons, and sometimes I even have to add a bit to get an SV docked to it, though most times my generally small SVs can just latch on wherever.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772441586

Yes, it is :) Even motorbiking at them is pretty dumb, but I manage it occasionally with judicious dodging.

Tyrax Lightning and ion_storm like this.
  4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Now I'm not sure about where to find the device limit setting in some of the game files incase you want to remove the limit but I am pretty sure someone on this forum knows how to but if not I was talking to a player that runs a private server and he has some ships and HVs that seems to have more than the max number of turrets on them allowed in game. He has a giant HV that has turrets all over it.
    I think he removed the device limit somehow.
    Here is his youtube channel if you would like to ask him how he did it. He's a real nice guy and will answer your questions pretty quick.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  5. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

For servers there is a setting for block type limits on/off. But for a normal survival single player, not sure if its doable.

6. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

The first thought that comes to mind is The first warp capable CV test flight . lol Honestly I love seeing these bare min CVs on MP servers it adds something to the game in my opinion.

I wonder what would happen in real life if someone tried to warp in a ship built like this because all the SCI FI TV shows claim a Warp engine warps space around you. So technically wouldn't the person flying it be ok? Since your're not moving just the space around you is?

7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Hey thanks!!!! I was wondering that myself because I wanted to try to disable it but if it can't be done in SP then that is fine. I don't put many turrets on my ships anyway.

8. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

So, it's not enough that because of them we have this restrictions too, but they can turn them off and we can't!?!
    Damn PvPers!!! [​IMG]
    My separatism just became more radical... :D

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  9. DuLux

DuLux Captain

Snazzy. I'll have to download that BP. Been lookin for a cheap "Moving Day" CV that offers a bit more comfort than the BareMinimum-CV!!

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  10. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

The requirements are significantly lower than the requirements on my budget warp vehicle (I used truss blocks), and you were able to add a gravity generator. (pity we cannot add a mobile constructor)

Could you do a survival-oriented version that does not require Erestrum & Zascosium?

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  11. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Last sunrise in Ningues! All bases have been destroyed, all POIs looted, space explored. Time to move on...
    20170320113057_1.jpg
    Ferrying stuff from planet to space for the last time. Notice the missing cargo crate? I accidentally Multitooled it - was full of sprouts, all my plant stuff and around 50 growing plots. It did spawn a loot box after destroying it - but it was empty! All gone! That was serious feel bad moment. But not catastrophic, as I had 27 (9+9+9) veggie can plots and 9 fiber plots planted in my space station. Its good idea to spread your resources a little bit.

Heading to Akua. In Akua space I ran into two freighters - which was nice as I wanted to test my new combat oriented CV in... well.. combat.

I forgot the name of this freighter. Pharos? Or something like that. Cool design...
    20170320123218_1.jpg

... but I was glad I took out the core from outside. Seemed like pure murder from inside. Triple turrets in doorways, two big rooms with lots of different angles for turrets to spoil your day. I really wish combat against turrets would be bit more dynamic and fun - currently I just want to avoid it as much as possible :/

20170320122520_1.jpg
    Lots and lots of loot, though! Which was nice. Two rooms like this - it was packed!

Visited Akua admin station. It was pure business from the outside, but once stepped inside - I noticed it was not too serious :p
    20170320213749_1.jpg
    Textures? Yes please! Oh wait... I already have all those... :rolleyes:

20170320213912_1.jpg
    These two might have made me giggle.

Not all good. First time I encountered issue called "lagshot". I thought it was MP only but apparently not.
    20170320224639_1.jpg
    Here once stood an ammo box, full of nice and expensive Pulse Laser ammunition. Notice all walls around it still standing....

20170320224656_1.jpg
    ... heres the same spot from the outside. Looks fine to me. Magical wallhacking bullets?

20170321083007_1.jpg
    Sunrise in Akua! Why akua? Well its packed with resources and I really wanted to check out the new Abandoned Mine. Also the (non-admin) space station around Akua, never checked that out.

20170321201643_1.jpg
    I went full retard with my greenhouse this time. Will fit 18 of each sort. Been watching green SI mode like crazy as I have been building this :p Still need to do the roof.

So much to do - and it looks like 6.0 might beat me to it. I was about to check out the stuff and planets I hadn't done yet - but it seems a fresh start is just around the corner as the sweet sweet new stuff will drop the experimental side. Maybe already this month? Who knows. Spoilers seem great so far!

12. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

This is my survival version as I only play single player survival. :)

But I hear ya; the new civilian structures usually result in my having enough Erestrum and Zascosium for, at least, the Advanced constructor on board the ship - but I suppose it is possible that you simply do not find any. I will make the necessary mods.

13. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Well i went down to the PVP planet I am orbiting in one of my SVs. I emptied my Hydrogen and O2 generators. When I turned around, my SV was gone.

Gone.

No combat, no nothing. It was just gone, as if it had flown away without me. Now I'm stranded. Any suggestions? This has never happened to me before. I tried a relog, and no dice. It's gone!

14. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Getting back into the game today after a bit of a break. I realized that I never made a Sathium-free SV HPOD, so I downgraded an existing model, lowered it's requirements, and posted it.

I also removed all legacy blocks from the POI Epsilon-Spaceport-MKI and posted the updated blueprint in the Bases thread so the Mod's can use it to update the existing POI's.

Made a tier 3 version of the Landing Pad, (debating on posting it), and removed most of my blueprints from the workshop that had single-digit subscribers.

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Empyrion Gladiator match.
    Rules 9 Players skydive off a CV and once they land "SAFELY" then it's every man for himself.
    Player vs Player vs environment. Last man standing wins.
    ENJOY!!! lol

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  16. GlassDeviant

GlassDeviant Commander

Don't quote me, but I am pretty sure I read that you can change the device and block limits on servers but not in SP yet, though they plan to add it for SP.

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  17. GlassDeviant

GlassDeviant Commander

That brings to mind a quote we used to use in Earth & Beyond:

"Don't stick your head out the window while warping, it causes unsightly flapping."

I think I'm going to make that my sig.

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  18. GlassDeviant

GlassDeviant Commander

This is not PvPers vs PvEers, this is MP vs SP. You can play PvE on a MP server, though it would be hard to PvP in a SP game.

19. GlassDeviant

GlassDeviant Commander

The one I posted before does not have either, but does require Sathium and Neodymium; however, all four can be obtained from raiding both civilian (no/minimal combat) and military alien POIs. it has no gravity generator, no structure at all (everthing is fastened directly to the warp engine), not even truss blocks. I tried doing it with only a forward thruster but the lack of control makes it a PITA so I have directional manoeuvreing thrusters and one forward thruster.

Here's the link again: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772441586

20. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

Starting a asteroid base for my 6 ship fleet. Asteroid base 01.jpg

Asteroid is looking really small right now :confused: