What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Very well decorated. I don't even build bases that big because I lose interest in texturing and fleshing out anything larger than an HV or SV. I'm more like, Armor - check, Guns - check, Engines, check. Kick the tires and light the fires.

banksman45, Siege Inc. and rainyday like this.
  2. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

Thanks. I'm kinda new to doing that stuff. I never messed with prettiness much. Sometimes I wouldn't even paint ships lol. I'm really pragmatic, but my brother would hit things with texture and color and I would think, well ****, that looks nice.

I don't mind a base that big with concrete, because it's so cheap and I like the default texture.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  3. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

I had a great EGS weekend! I designed a new ship, an SV with a big room to stand in while I drone mine in hostile environments. I started a new MP game, and so far I'm very happy. This server does regular wipes, and has an active trade system. In that way the deplorable POI drop requirement can be either achieved, or circumvented.

I leveled up quickly, and went off to Masperon's Moon in search of needed items. I found an unlooted POI! Life is good. I even managed to get my light SV shot down, and I had to scramble to survive. Thrills and eventual achievement. Who could ask for more? (Okay, I still want bikini baristas in the trade stations, but I can be patient about that.)

binhthuy71, Siege Inc. and rainyday like this.
  4. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I haven't uploaded any ships to Workshop during experimental 6 - but it seems most of the issues have been fixed so I took a risk.

RAIDO CORPORATION EXODUS

Raido-Exodus.jpg

Under 7K iron requirement - Exodus is relatively cheap, but yet still super versatile CV to get yourself started on the planet exploration. And why not for a more experienced space traveller too! Spacious hangar, very good visibility, good amount of various devices and plenty of defensive firepower to keep the drones at bay - and as a bonus, space for up to 32 growing plots!

NOTE: Experimental 6 only.

Steam Workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=926414080

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  5. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

I had time to boot the game and post about it today. I call that the biggest win of this month of 60+hr workweeks.

I seem to recall volunteering for a weekly challenge or something...that didn't happen I guess.

I can't wait for 6.0 to be live. Wait, then I have to update my ships for oxygen and rearrange every single engineering area so as not to hard boil players on the way to a fuel tank.... drat.

Even my favorite SV's cabin isn't airtight somehow.

Can I just delete my workshop ships?

banksman45 likes this.
  6. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I'm not looking forward to updating everything. I might just delete a couple of my older designs but that still leaves a ton of stuff that needs to be updated. I should be working on my Spaceport but I've been obsessed with building other stuff lately. Not finishing mind you. Just building and building and building trying out different things. Each time I start off with an idea in mind and it ends up becoming something else. Like, yeah this would make a nice fuel depot but it would make an even better factory! And so on.

My playfield looks like this at the moment. Getting more cluttered by the day.
    [​IMG]

Edit: Updated pic with the new buildings from last night.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Desus, oojimaflip, rainyday and 2 others like this.
  7. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Finally returned to my vaniila v6 game long enough to start a base. I scavenged an LCD sign from one of the POI's so I thought I'd put it to good use:
    AKua_V6_Base.png

8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Building is great. Finishing is not so great. :D

oojimaflip likes this.
  9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

These are marvelous. I could put some of them to good use. Any chance you could zip them and post them here?

10. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Oh that looks good. I love the cockpit. I am still trying to build better looking glass cockpits for my CVs.

rainyday likes this.
  11. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

@Fractalite I'm not quite ready to release them into the wild yet but I will make sure you get a care package when I do. They're very rough for the most part. A few are just skeletal structures yet and none are finished inside. I still want to come up with a few more to flesh out the collection. I added some good ones this evening; some fuel tanks, a water tank, a guard tower, and some single dwellings/apartments.

I still need a good one for a factory, hospital, need to finish the lab, and I'm not entirely happy with the spaceport or the warehouse I built. They're nice enough but too conventional. Might make an alternate power plant too. And another greenhouse.

I scaled up that oxygen storage station I made and now I'm wondering what I can combine it with using mergestructs. That idea is still percolating. Got a couple other ideas. One is is currently in progress in the picture. The other three....one should be relatively easy to translate into the game. The last two I'm having some trouble with. Neat concepts but I'm having some difficult creating triangular buildings. They come out distorted. Need to work on that some more.

Edit Oh hey! Just noticed they added some REALLY nifty new plant deco. You can't see it very well in the picture but some of them have a soft glow and/or pulsating lights.
    [​IMG]

binhthuy71 and Kyrt Malthorn like this.
  12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

My first time playing a real survival game since 6.0 update and is it just me or do the new NPC sound effects sound extremely creepy at night?? The plant monster sounds made me jump the first time I heard it. I dare anyone to play this game at night by yourself and walk around Auka during the Night time . Even the Ant man and the night raptor have new sounds and they are extreme creepy too. I ended up going back to my base and waiting til the next morning to drill. lol I don't think I will ever get use to the plant monster Screaming . lol

13. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

@banksman45 Haha, yeah - lot of the NPC sounds have changed :)

I still haven't played a proper survival game since 6.0 - only short test oriented games. Kinda wanted to - but then again I've been waiting for it to hit public.

banksman45 likes this.
  14. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well just make sure you have the sound turn down on Auka because the Plant monster is extremely loud now and you can hear it way before you see the thing. I had one walk up right behind me and start making its new sound. I thought it was someone outside my house. That is how creepy and loud the sound is. lol

rainyday and binhthuy71 like this.
  15. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Atalanta.jpg
    After the HV's teething problems in earlier versions I stopped using them and went straight to an SV. Now that I'm just trying things in 6 I decided to throw together an HV and the result is the Atalanta. The improvements in the HV have made it fun to pilot and an effective tool against POIs in SP. I know very little about HVs and this one worked good the first time.

16. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I built two more greenhouses. I was going for a specific look that was a lot more curvy but Empyrion lacks the block shapes to translate it properly into the game.
    [​IMG]

A shot of my residential dwellings/apartments.
    [​IMG]

Another shot of some apartments in a larger configuration. I added public balconies to the second floor.
    [​IMG]

But primarily I've been working on these today. I had to turn SI off while working on the left building. Surprisingly it did not collapse when I reenabled SI and spawned another copy to test it. The other building I added....stuff....to the roof. It had a dome but I went nuts and added a bunch of stuff over that.
    [​IMG]

17. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Too bad we don't have tires.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  18. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Spacious hangar space.
    Spacious space. Hmmm
    Is there another kind of space?
    :)

19. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Non-spacious? :D I don't know. Im not a native english speaker. Only 5 million people speak my native tongue - so it doesn't get me too far outside my own country. So I'll have to manage with the little english skills I have... :p But point taken, thanks ;)

20. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Cramped? Dirty? Inner? Quantum? Hyper? Extra-dimensional? :p

Kyrt Malthorn, ion_storm and rainyday like this.