What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Exactly :)
    You don't know my second name yet? They call me the Cleaner. Or Cleanser. Sometimes I can't understand them right at their last death rattles haha ;-)

2. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@rucky , on SV's I use Gatling Guns and 130 mm (Non-homing) missiles only. After trying all sorts of loadouts I realized that the real key to success with any SV weapon is the ability to stay reasonably on target while moving the vessel around to throw off a POI's aim. My answer was to save before attacking a POI and then retry the attack until I was satisfied that I'd improved a bit. It was a bit of a grind at times but, it seems to have worked. Even my low rent SV's can silence a POI with minimal (As in repair with the Multitool) damage. The other pluses of this loadout for me are that the Gatling Gun and Rocket Launcher are both available very early and use cheap, easily produced ammunition.

Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  3. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

You're absolutely right, the first and foremost defense in any Fighter's setup should be their (hopefully extreme good) manoeverability (especially Pitch and Yaw) so you need only small Mouse move adjusting to circle around the POI always keeping your desired target (turret) in the cross...

And at the beginning I usually also have only Standard Rocket launchers (DroneHunters MKI and MKIIEarly)... but I was into late game here ;-)

Oh and I forgot, I also have 1 Medium (3x Multi) and 1 Heavy Armor (Jet, Multi, 2x Armor) and additional Eva, Radiation and Armor Booster with me ;-) while only wearing my Light Armor (2x Multi) until the Action begins... ;-)

4. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

Traveled far and wide the other day, away from my foxhole underground bunker. I'm staying outside the PV's stomping grounds looking for resources beyond it. Terrain in the only viable direction is really rough, no motor bike most of the way. Found an oxygen depot... debating raiding it. Are POI's still regenerating in SP?

Meanwhile I returned home to find my core and o2 tank had been shot it... somehow... despite being underground and around a corner from the tunnel. The real loss was my crops... there went all the starter sprouts. I now have nothing to groe but pearthings...

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I use only 1 minigun for mobs/ spawners/ drones, and 4 railguns for all other "solids". I favor railguns over homing rockets because the projectiles travel much faster, better rate of fire, can carry more backup ammo (100 vs 50 per stack), and also more damage on longer runs since they reload faster (2x) and fire a bit faster too, with larger magazine (fewer reloads):

rail......-dmg: 160 -reload: 4sec -rof: 40 rpm -stack: 100 -mag size: 20 -range: 800m
    rocket. -dmg: 211 -reload: 8sec -rof: 30 rpm -stack.: 50 -mag size.: 15 -range: 700m

If they nerf anything on the railgun I will switch to homing rockets, evidently.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  6. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Kassonnade, good points, I'm loathe to leave rockets behind if only because I've finally learned to lead a moving target with them. :D

Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  7. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I carry 5 "spare" of each device in a dedicated cargo box, and also a few rocket launchers, just in case I would have problems with mobs taking cover behind a wall (aka: getting stuck in a texture...) so with rockets I can shoot the floor and kill them with the splash damage. I also like the plasma cannon for this, but it's mostly for visual effects, to feel more "sci-fi". :)

8. JDaremo Fireheart

JDaremo Fireheart Captain

Been lurking for quite a while, so it's about time I actually posted.
    Great job to all the builders posting. I love looking through and getting ideas and trying some of the posted vessels.
    I have to say, Dang Rucky, That's one badass drone hunter. I love your CV as well.

I should post some of the pics of vessels I have been working on. Some are simply variations on what others have posted that I have loved but wanted to change just a few things. Wish I would have had the opportunity to pick apart a couple of Pyston's vessels, but oh well. Respect to Pyston for his choice. I still see variations on one or two of his ships being posted.

9. 68plex

68plex Captain

That's pretty much exactly how my SVs/HVs main cargo look at any given moment, and the fridge looks the same on away missions... although I like to keep some of those mushrooms, brocci fungus(or whatever it's called) and those um... other boi-health thingies (damnn those names :) ) Big health on those guys. I always have at least 1 other cargo for loot.

I remember a recent post from you in another thread helping somebody out by telling how you keep spare parts snd stuff in your cargo just in case of emergencies. I thought that was good advice, and it's exactly how I play the game.

Tyrax Lightning, rucky and rainyday like this.
  10. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

That is a good advice, I must say.

But I don't do that myself. Getting yourself into trouble and figuring out how to get out of the trouble can lead into some exciting adventures. That's how I play the game :D

11. vicomt

vicomt Captain

Everyone loses when things get heated :(

feel free to pick ours apart (link in sig) or pipe up in any of the threads, we're (mostly) a friendly bunch ;)

Welcome :D

12. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Know how ya feel here. I still shun the use of anything that does nothing but just Looks alone... & on a related note i'm liking having larger numbers of things having an actual use. (Talking about the recent additions of use for some of those Science Doohicky Scanners & such like that.)

Also hate how many Textures we have that can't line upright or get their Facing spun around independently of the Block it's on forcing you to choose between not using that Texture when ya want to or sticking it on & having it look idiotic... especially in the case of the Textures with Glowiness that are so important to be able to use so that one can more easily Shun the use of FPS Eating Lights. I still seriously never ever use ANY Light except Grow Lights for Grow Plot use. I also still use only the bare minimum needed Windows for getting the job done, which tends to mean I use a minimum number of Windows on my CVs & no Windows on anything else... except rare times i've tried sticking a Window in front of a Spotlight so it could still shine the Light out yet also have a little extra protection.

I throw Glowy Texture everywhere to use that to navigate in the dark, & shun non-Grow Light use, though again I can't have them line up proper with adjacent Glowy Textures on adjacent Blocks a lot making for idiotic looking visual foolishness that could get peeps wondering if i'm a damn hare-brained idiot.

Perhaps ya are also trying to think of "Varon Root"? :)

For the Topic: I've begun work on a new CV Build which i've been meaning to do for awhile cause all my former CVs are Pre-Ventilator Era thus obsolete... while also initiating the next 'Procrastinate' Step of my Space Base build.

68plex and rucky like this.
  13. Isil`Zha

Isil`Zha Commander

It shouldn't be too difficult to retrofit them with ventilator systems, as well as various airtight doors and sections so that the whole ship doesn't lose O2 due to a single hull breach.

rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Kassonnade, splash damage is
    Or you could leave your helmet on and get back to shooting and looting. :D

rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  15. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I'm going to use lights but I'll end up putting everything on motion sensors so at least they're not on all the time.

rucky, rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Tyrax Lightning

This is my temporary band aid fix plan till I get the new CV done.

My current Build is gonna be a Mad Empyrion Science Experiment to see if I can make one that handles my Space Mining, Combat, & HV/SV hauling all in one go instead of having separate CVs for those jobs. All my prior ones are specialized instead. I'm gettin REAL tempted to have a single "All-In-One" I can just build & only have ONE CV to maintain when using in Live Play.

rucky and binhthuy71 like this.
  17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I realize reading this how clumsy it is right now to be forced to haul a SV and HV around just because the CV is useless on a planet. Since it can mine, it can warp, it can fight (in space), it can grow food... *&?%?&*...

18. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

For my part, a small CV class with enough tradeoffs to keep it from making CV's or SV's obsolete would be just right.

Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  19. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Only Jack-of-All-Trade CVs, and super-multifunction mega-Drones. And achievements! What's a game without achievements these days !?

Edit: and we need the Redeemer. Just saw it in another thread. We need that.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  20. Tyrax Lightning

There's one thing HVs can be that CVs can't... a Hover War Tank. :p

Super Multifunction Mega-Drones could be cool... like a Block Buildable Upgrade to the Player Drone... :D

Also I think Jack-of-all-Trade CV can already be a thing... kinda... somewhat...

I'd love that... but the Unreal Tournament Devs might have a cow about that & sick their Lawyers on Eleon if this is dared to be attempted, sadly. :(

Kassonnade likes this.