What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Anything that cuts down on maintenance is golden.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. 68plex

68plex Captain

Ha, a man who likes to live on the edge. When I grow some balls, and need a little training in the fine art of swashbuckling, I now know were to turn.

...just hope your rates aren't too exorbitant! :p

3. 68plex

68plex Captain

Yes... sweet sweet Varon Root!
    Psst... hey yo, hold up, check it. You wouldn't happen to have any of that Root on you, would ya? See, I kinda got this habit, man. :cool:

Tyrax Lightning, binhthuy71 and rucky like this.
  4. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

... about that, I have more of a 'Jack Sparrow' approach to danger - it's dumb luck and trusty fellow adventurers that get me out of trouble most of the time :D

5. 68plex

68plex Captain

Holy hell, 1000 fusion cells... and then only 14 minutes in atmo? If ever there was a reason for the devs to allow us to install h2o cisterns in our CVs where we could place hydrogen generators, it would be this big, beautiful vessel!

6. 68plex

68plex Captain

I sure could have used some of your dumb luck and fellow adventurers the other day when I was trying out 7 days to die alpha 16, and on the 1st day, in broad daylight, got jumped by a (running, no less) feral zombie. I died. Miserably, I might add :D

I made a beeline straight back to EGS. I can kill stuff in EGS.

7. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

haha ;-)
    oh yes, 7DTD... still one of my loved games ;-) over 2300 hours here...
    but I haven't played it since a few month now.... can't think of any reason why not... ;-) haha ;-)

One thing Empyrion really is way ahead of 7DTD is the ambiente and the sound that comes with that,
    as an example:
    some pics I took while being at Omicron:
    The Radiated Fog. (Sadly I can't show you the creepy sound - but you know when you're been there ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    it's still shivers me when seeing this ;-)

8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well my saved game no longer works after the newest Patch. So started playing another saved survival game that workss I'm determine to rule the galaxy. No matter how many survival games I have to start or restart. lol
    One thing that is really fun, is taking your CV with in weapons range of a base and letting the turrets try to take out the base while you're flying your SV around shooting space drones.
    Screenshot (268).png

9. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I finally got to play again last night! So much of my recent gaming was decorating and a bit of hunting. Last night was awesome because the whole team was together and we had so much fun! :D

As I took care of some necessary little tasks, Timo started doing stunts.

[​IMG]

He got his motorbike stuck a few times. lol It was a nice performance though!

[​IMG]

We headed out for our mission to raid and demolish some Talon Villages. I love to hate Talons ;) I must say this mission was the best assault on them that I've ever participated in. Timo brought a lot of explosives to play with, and while @rainyday and I were looting containers, he planted multiple charges in a trench to take out the core down below.

I went in the trench and then noticed the explosives. Luckily, I made it out and took enough distance before they went off; Space Cats tend to enjoy explosive deaths. :p The blast was incredible! Soon after, we moved on to the next Village that was very close nearby. We all got in on the mayhem and it was totally fabulous.

[​IMG]

We returned to our base camp after that, to prepare for the second phase of our mission: the pair of Spaceports on the same island as those Villages. We geared up and I took my fighting SV for the raid. The plan was to take out the defenses of both POIs and clear at least one before bedtime.

I really loved attacking turrets with Tigershark by @rainyday. I do really enjoy the railguns, although their rate of fire could be more satisfying for sure. The Spaceports were right next to each other, making the attack extremely fun! I used homing rockets on Drones and finally got the Plasma Drone I needed for my Drone Hunter mission. I switched to my railguns for the turrets. It was so much fun working together in this exciting aerial combat. :cool:

We were able to clear out both Spaceports before bed, although you know how this game is. We probably should've gone to bed after the first one, but we were having too much fun to stop in the middle of it. The gunfights inside were great! At one point I was fighting some Crawlers and got bitten, but failed to notice it. :oops: I proceeded to blast open a door around the corner and killed all the Zirax in the room, destroyed the spawner and finally noticed my condition--but I died before I could take my antidote pills. lol

On top of all the fun, we also found a massive stash of gold. It was a very, very good night indeed!

P.S. I forgot to mention the graphical glitch Timo experienced. I was being extremely creepy.

[​IMG]

10. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

nice story telling and pictures as always, @Starwing6 !

Starwing6 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  11. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I was in need of another brake from my survival game, as I did 3 hours nothing different as flying back to Akua, collecting AMD-Loot from Planet and Moon, then Omicron, and here the same... ending up with 6-7 containers full of new ore...

and as I'm satisfied (at the Moment) with my DroneHunter-Line, I decided to... uhm... didn't know until I was finished.

I call it a Rescue-Shuttle :)

----------------------------------

Rescue-Shuttle
    ============

Get your Team out of trouble!

This one is for Coop-Play :)
    Whenever your mates are shot down deep in enemy land, take this Rescue-Shuttle, speed behind the lines dodging all incoming fire (25 m/s² lateral acceleration, Pitch/Yaw above 7 deg/s²), secure the landing zone with default 3 Gatlings against Drones (though I recommend to change that to 3 Homing Missile Launchers for faster clearing!) and get your mates out!

Features:

- 2 Passenger Cabins
    - Small Profile
    - Good Manoeverability
    - 2x Cargo and 2x Fridge
    - O2 Station

Camouflage painting recommended! (This one comes brown/mud colored)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1083182720

12. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Starwing6 , good narrative accompanied by excellent photography - again! Thank you for your thoughtful work.

Starwing6 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning, binhthuy71 and rucky like this.
  14. Isil`Zha

Isil`Zha Commander

haha yeah that's like, an asteroid's worth of fuel. I think there's a bigger problem here though; while small and medium scale stuff feels like it takes some balancing and has some reasonable expectations, large scale stuff is just way out of sync with everything else.

The biggest engines have ridiculous thrust power, where you don't really need a whole lot of them. But it's not difficult to power them, it's difficult to keep them fueled. Fuel doesn't scale up with the generators and large scale components properly.

15. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

Game is still in a fluid state atm, devs will certainly have to go back and balance everything again at some point, from weapons to the fuel system and other systems.

16. 68plex

68plex Captain

Yep it's clearly unbalanced. Even if you plan to keep your CV in orbit most of the time, you'd still like to have some small amount of time available in atmo (like 14min) say to get an hv on the ground, just to get down and back. And if you need enough fuel tanks to get that 14min @ 1000 fusion cells, that's 10000 hydrogen canisters. :eek:

...or "itemmenu" :D

I wonder, @Isil`Zha do feel it's necessary to use the xxl thrusters?

rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. Isil`Zha

Isil`Zha Commander

Oh, of course, just throwing out some ideas.

Just what size ship would I use them on, if not one like this? Also I like the aesthetic for it. ;)

18. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

I think this is the reason why a number of people are clambering for a medium size vessel, an intermedary between small vessels and capital vessels. SV's are great for dog fighting against things, CV's work for system to system travel, CV and Space station assaults and of course mobile base. MV's would be good where you could have them be docked on CV's and be able to carry HV's so you can take them planetside while leaving your CV in orbit and not waste the fuel it has in it's tanks.

rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Which is one of the reasons i've suggested before in the past that maybe Warp Engines could return to Power Usage & Pentaxid could be changed to a sort of T2 Fuel where each Pentaxid'd be like a 5,000 Fuel Unit Fuel Pack in a way. Last I remember this Suggestion was met with Cricket Chirping... though I can't be totally sure on that. Was long ago.

20. 68plex

68plex Captain

Some might say that no size ship is worth using them if smaller thrusters can get the job done more cost efficiently... at least until the power consumption is balanced. But using them because you like the aesthetic is perfect enough reason in my book and I respect that. Aesthetics is a high priority of mine too... if you can call any of my builds aesthetically pleasing :D

I just wondered if a ship that size can perform adequately enough with smaller thrusters in your opinion, since you have experience.