What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

LOL. I made another hole-in-one with the survival capsule.
    NewGame_0_2017-07-24_12-41-46.png

2. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

This very ugly proof of concept mining HV can stand on its nose without the need to hold Auto-Rotate + Left Shift. That means that it's fully controllable while drilling straight down as in the pic. The down thrusters seem to help a lot and I had to use 3 thrusters for forward power so that I could power straight up out of the pit. This one seems more controllable overall than it was without the down thrusters. I don't know if this setup is news but, it's news to me. Now I want to repackage it because ugly. I'm putting up the pics in case anyone else wants to experiment with this layout.

NewGame_1_2017-07-24_21-22-25.png NewGame_2_2017-07-24_21-28-24.png

Attached Files:

3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Interesting... my Tyrax Dwarf Mole can pull those same Shenanigans & more, with no need for Downward Thrusters...

rucky and binhthuy71 like this.
  4. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Good news. This was the first mining HV I built that wasn't like riding a mechanical bull when the drills were active. I was excited. I looked for the Tyrax Dwarf Mole in the Workshop - no joy. Not published yet? In any case I'll keep playing with the concept. Like many of us, I had all sorts of hopes for drill equipped HVs only to have the early iterations disappoint. I ignored them until yesterday when I realized that I hadn't given the laser drills a try. I should have known that Eleon wouldn't let this go unaddressed for very long.

Kassonnade and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

So I'm working on the space station a bit. I decided to turn the secondary crew quarters into hangars. Two hangars, one on each side. I already have 4 crew quarter sections so I didn't feel I needed more and this will cut down on resources needed. I've been reworking a couple other areas and I decided to check the core location.....and I can't remember where I placed it....and I can't find it. :rolleyes:

I could really use a big, glowy Show Core in the building tools panel. :p
    Edit: Found it! And moved it to a centralized more easily remembered location.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    vicomt, Starwing6, Kassonnade and 2 others like this.
  6. Tyrax Lightning

Now that I think about it... I totally forgot to think of Publishing the Tyrax Dwarf Mole to the Workshop... all the idiocy & strictness of its Screenie Uploading hoopla drives me nuts. Plus I tend to Delete BPs after they eventually get to the point of getting old & obsolete due to Game Development Progression.

Instead I Posted my Tyrax Dwarf Mole here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/hover-vessels.1502/page-20#post-144840 If ya like it, please Support the idea of having an actual Prefab in the game with actual effectiveness & performance! :D

Kassonnade, binhthuy71 and oojimaflip like this.
  7. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

I followed your link. Nice HV indeed. I fully support adding a good Drill HV Prefab. Getting them into more people's hands without their having to go through the process of sorting them out would be a very good thing.

Kassonnade and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

One of the many reasons I build small. :D

Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Tyrax Lightning

Many thanks! :D

@Siege Inc. If I remember right, I think in the Control Panel, ya can go to Devices, then go to the Core in the List & Select it, then I think there's a Button ya can push to turn on its Waypoint. Give that a try. :)

Kassonnade, rucky and Siege Inc. like this.
  10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I stumbled upon these two cuties here, in the creative menu...

debug_weapons.png

Tyrax Lightning and Starwing6 like this.
  11. 68plex

68plex Captain

Masperon_2017-07-26_01-05-07.jpg
    A foggy Masperon dawn reveals the aftermath of a fearsome drone attack.

My underground base is burrowed into that mountain in the backround. A poor choice, in hindsight. The drones approach from directly behind the mountain from the south. Their ingress is provided with total cover, and even when they crest the mountain to begin their attack, they're so high up that they're outside the gimbal limits of my turrets for a time. (much redesign needed there)

My newly built, slightly more than "micro" SV is a God send. (looks like something the Wehrmacht might have built had they'd reached the space age :D ) She's small, but no micro for sure... not only has she got a constructor and a fridge, but even an armor locker to boot. Hey, if you got the components, why not splurge, right?
    Masperon_2017-07-26_01-05-34.jpg

That's me gloating after my victory. Fact is, with that little SV now at my disposal, I figure I pretty much own Masperon from here on out.

I have died a couple of times though getting to this point. But so much fun overall!

12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

This is a pretty cool way to use logic.

Tyrax Lightning, 68plex, Aeri and 2 others like this.
  13. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

WOW!

That's Borderlands Arena!! Only BETTER!!!
    I WANT THAT!!!
    Where's the Workshop Link?!!!

;-)

Sadly I'm at a big project myself at the moment (big in my sense: already at class 6 and haven't done even half...)
    perhaps I post some work-in-progress pics later...
    this decorating.... will kill me....

14. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I'm at class 9. And still open ends everywhere.... and it grows and rise and expands... just from... itself... :-((((((

HELP!!!

;-)

[​IMG]

it's small, really...

My Class 5 Omega-Basestar ship. And some fly on my screen.
    ... wait...

[​IMG]

uhm... okay...

[​IMG]

it's only a platform... more or less...

[​IMG]

let's take it out, don't want to dig all the sand and earth out...

[​IMG]

GATE 1, Hover-Entrance...

[​IMG]

GATE 2 is standard SV-Entrance from above; but in the above pic you see some small micro-sized hangar door, right?

It's for small and micro-SVs (f.e. Cargo-SVs from Capitals f.e. from AMD-Runs... - I don't like long paths!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three forges and three Adv. Constructors should be enough.
    Next room is the Power facility.

[​IMG]

And some garden for the restaurant too:

[​IMG]

Restaurant is above, but not yet finished (not even started haha)
    Same with O2 live support room... w.i.p.

[​IMG]

Now the next one.... :)
    haha ;-)

I like that, I'm sure, not many Bases have such ... thing....

You remember the "Fighter Scramble" Sign in the Work hall?

This leads to:

[​IMG]

In german we say "Alarm Start" to this.
    REAL Fighter starts, not that hovering up through the doors...

The switch is already working: open the DOORS::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Get a FAST accelerating Fighter there, trust me, that is pure fun to shoot out of the doors (eh shooting out yourself I mean... ;-)

That's it, not yet more to show...

the wide big empty hangar...

[​IMG]

15. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

@rucky NICE :D I like paths too!

My recent gameplay has been spent working in our primary CV, Ilmatar MK2. There were significant changes made to the original ship, and a lot of work for me to redesign. To top it all off, the ship was originally decorated when I had very little experience in the game and... it needed serious fixing. :oops:

Yesterday I spent a lot of time improving lighting in the Main Hall. It's a challenging place to light up, but I feel I've done a good job. Both images below are taken at night.

BEFORE

[​IMG]

Here we were hanging out and my suit light is on.

AFTER

[​IMG]

Here's a similar shot for comparison--with my suit light off :D Unfortunately it feels natural enough it wasn't even noticed by my husband until I pointed it out. But I do think it was a good use of my game session.

The other thing I did was investigate the POI island we all raided last week to see if they regenerated--we've found several POIs that didn't regenerate but they're on common flight paths. I went to the island because no one's been by there all week. Sadly, it hasn't regenerated either, and when I got too close to a Village, I was thrown out of the server. o_O When I came back I was in the ocean, about 1 km from my SV that was in the air of course.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  16. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I forgot the name of the serve this guy is on but you can go on Youtube and ask him to give you access to his serve so you can play.
    There might be Arenas on the workshop that you can play with but I haven't checked.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Looks really good!!! I hope the devs find a way to allow us to walk on our CVs while they're moving because walking around a ship like this while its flying would be nice

18. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I finally got my HV built . Time to go raid some bases!!!
    Screenshot (301).png

Screenshot (303).png

Screenshot (304).png

19. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

today went horrible wrong :( first, i ate breakfast and then lunch. mined some promethium and went POI raiding after hunting lizard muels. but i died when destroying the POI and my back pack "disappeared" when trying to get it back. so i just sadly went home and ate dinner. after that i went to the village and completely exploded it with rockets. after that i was happy again but i could not talk to the villagers anymore

20. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Besides my Class 8/9 Base I'm trying to build from Scratch...

I'm updating my Survival Base here and there... now at class 5 already...
    seems with time I'm building bigger things too...

teaser-pic:

[​IMG]

Modular build. "Some" underground facilities...

Edit: I posted the beginnings of this base a few dozend pages ago ;-)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017