What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Both are great to me. ;) I think the more freedom the better and I think it would be cool to be able to dock any two vessels you want. I would l0ve to build a giant HV platform and have SVs dock to it. Like a floating sky Base. Or docking a large CV to a even Bigger CV but if that never happens in this game I can understand why.

2. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

So it dawned on me that converting Fractalite's HV went swimmingly well and is quite easy to do and there's a certain pirate ship I made back in the day that I've always wanted to convert to a CV but didn't really want to rebuild it from scratch.

Turns out I don't have to! Now that I know how convert blueprints from one type to another.... :cool:

Commence refit of the Yar's Folly. :D

Here's a sneak peek of Yar's Revenge. It's coming along nicely although that wood texture is super annoying trying to keep it lined up. I had to remodel a couple things, especially those window sections on the back there but they turned out really nice. I added a bunch of weapons so now it has proper cannon placements. I'm still working out thruster placement but that's the last bit for the exterior. The rest might have to wait until I've had some food and a nap though. :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  3. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Today, I collected the abandoned mine, a com center and the drone base. I have the foundation of my skyscraper complex completed. That's all. It didn't seem like it was going to be this massive, but then there will be three buildings on one massive foundation.
    Then I got distracted by all your bloody amazingness you've all been posting.
    That distraction led to what's going to be my biggest CV, designed specifically to carry the addictive drone hunter mkV ala @rucky alongside my mole rat combo attack/mining HV.
    I've found that the laser drills allow for more spacing and make a bigger hole, allowing for a larger HV capable of well, everything.

Still no pics of any of it though. But soooon!

But srsly guys, there's a bit if all of you in my CV so THANKS ALOT for helping me lose 6 hours of my week to it today!

4. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Oh do tell..!

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

What in the heck are these things? This is my first time seeing them .lol

Screenshot (504).png

Screenshot (505).png

6. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

So it works like this.
    1. Start a new creative game. Under the option for Empty World select Yes. Remember the name of your savegame.
    2. Spawn the blueprint you want to convert.
    3. Place a starter block of the type you want to convert it to. Make sure to give yourself enough space so they don't overlap after the conversion.
    4. Exit all the way out of the game.
    5. Navigate to the savegame folder and find the Shared Folder. The path should look something like this:
    \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games\YourSavedGame\Shared
    6. There will be a couple folders and some text files. Ignore the text files. Copy all the files from the folder of the blueprint you want to convert to the other folder. So in my case I copied the contents of the SV_Player_3 folder into the CV_Player_4 folder. When it asks if you want to replace files select yes, replace files. And this is why I said to select Empty World. It makes finding the folders you want very easy. But if you end up having to dig through a bunch of folders the numbers appended to the folders correspond to the object's ID. Type DI and look at the object in game to find it for the stuff you're working on.
    7. Restart the game and load the save. What used to be a starter block is now a new ship/base/whatever. In my case the CV starter block was turned into a CV version of my pirate ship SV.
    8. It does not convert restricted blocks and devices so things like doors, devices, thrusters, etc that are SV/CV/HV only have to be removed and replaced with the correct items.

I'm having to replace the windows and the blocks aren't upgrading properly so this might not be without its drawbacks.

Edit: Using the replaceblocks -alpha4 seems to have worked. Hrm...didn't think it was that old! The blueprint is still showing red though. Bugger!
    Edit x2: Deleted all the lights. Those were the last devices to go and now it works. :D

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning, jmtc, En_Ma and 4 others like this.
  7. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

keep 'em coming!!!

oh weia!! :eek::D:D
    nice you like it :)

8. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

OMG! OMG! OMG!

No one told me there's a new table!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Just look at it! It has beautiful, paintable surfaces now. :D

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I've been doing this lately to convert the various "Crashed CV" BA POI's I encounter into CV Blueprints I can spawn in the Factory. They're still total wrecks, but thought it might be a fun survival restoration project :) I hadn't realised how straight-forward it was to convert until I had a poke around in the files.

I'm tempted to do the same for the Titan and DSE sections, though I'd need to merge them as BA's before converting to a CV I guess. Just thought it might be fun.

Note: Being able to merge structures properly in-game - via a GUI - would be great, I'd love to be able to create blueprints of just my CV's thruster nacelles for example, to effectively copy and paste them. Same with the Hangar Bays, farm module etc. We'd need to see a ghosted image of the Blueprint while placing though, the current box isn't enough.

Random Question: I know once upon a time the crashed CV POI's were actual CV's, not BA's, so could be restored to full working order with some effort. These were converted to BA's to avoid players exploiting this. However, I wonder if through a custom playfield.yaml I could add actual crashed CV's? I'd love to do a wrecked version of my CV for a fresh start roleplay.

We know of course how bases interact with the terrain with SI, however, is it even possible to have a CV - even a non-functioning one - spawn clipping into the terrain and stay there? Even if that worked, I imagine there would be chaos when it was powered up for the first time and the terrain attempted to "eject" it. I've had CV builds accidentally clip into the terrain - usually due to mirroring - and when I get in the cockpit they've launched themselves up into the air to either crash 300+ metres away, or freeze mid air lol.

Scoob.

10. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Wow ...Very nice looking base.

11. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

@Scoob, did you discover the 0x08 byte? :)

12. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Thank you very much :) This is my Expedition Base Model D6 base that I built for our current expedition to Omicron.

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

What's that? I just changed the id of a starter block to the id of the BP I wanted to convert.

Scoob.

14. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

15. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Love that T2 pistol!
    droned0wn001.png

16. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

PSI Project 'Monarch' is advancing slowly.

20170823212432_1.jpg
    Side view. Might shorten the engineering section in the back a little bit. Is maybe bit back heavy.

20170823212453_1.jpg 20170823212506_1.jpg
    Fuel tanks. Yes, very bad. Very vulnerable. Just love the outside tanks. This definitely is not a combat oriented ship as such - but more a vessel that is prepared for any situation. Not necessarily the best in every situation - but in a long trip all kinds of challenges arise and the 'Monarch' must be able to handle most of them on its own. How the outside tanks relate to that? Don't know. I just think outside tanks are cool :cool:

20170823212517_1.jpg Main thruster setup. Three thruster pods on each side. Monarch is most likely not going to be very maneuverable - but it will still have decent main propulsion. This is one of the reverse thrusters.

20170823212550_1.jpg
    Figuring out the entrance to the science quarters and access point for the exploration HV.

17. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Over the last week or so, I've finished clearing the Zirax from Akua, Akua Orbit, and Akua Moon, leaving me in control of the planet. Also made a double raid to Aestus & Masperon's moon for Erestrum & Zascosium, finding a perfect place for a base in the latter. Sorry, No pics.

18. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

@rainyday I'm going to have to agree with you, tanks on the outside are very cool! I just love what you've done so far :D

19. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

Just finished raiding my first POI on Akua moon. With the trap doors and other new features it was fun.

Anyone having performance issues on planets? All of a sudden performance is taking a crap on Akua, but my huge (and growing) asteroid base is smooth as a baby's butt.

20. ldog

ldog Commander

Well most people have their favorite franchise universe so that of course becomes their standard for how things should be. The 2 most popular probably being Star Wars and Star Trek which both have warp drives on their SVs. Some hard sci-fi have no warp drives at all. And then there's everything in between. While I'm all for being able to accommodate many playstyles, at some point Empyrion just needs to be Empyrion, and be consistent with it's own universe.

Interesting that you bring up SE, so a big gripe a lot of SE players have is that there aren't enough needs to actually engineer solutions around and yet when I was an active SE player I had a small fleet of ships for different roles that I would actually build through the course of a game. Empyrion doesn't really encourage you to keep a lot of stuff since moving it around is restricted to a CV and you can't dock 1 CV to another. And there is no remote control auto-pilokk to boot.

Now I only play SP so I can leave crap all over the place if I want, since I know it'll (probably) be right where I leave it, but MP of course adds its own headaches on top of the above.

I wouldn't consider the HV useless, although it does collect dust lately once I get autominers setup, but then I mostly assault POIs by motorbike (at least on Akua/Omicron). Later I'll build some big burly tank for SnG if nothing else (although I suspect the harder planets might need 1 with the newer content). Sometimes to bike it or HV or SV just depends more on the mood I happen to be in and what is expedient at the moment.

So the SV warp drive or no warp drive...I'm really fine either way. I think Eleon is pretty dead-set against it, but who knows. Regardless I think the SV should be able to transport an HV, it not only makes the HV more useful, but it makes the SV more useful too. Considering how many people do think the HV is useless this can't be a bad thing.