What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Navonil Mukherjee

Navonil Mukherjee Captain

my EGS experience is very uneventful lately.. it consists of find some plant.... take screenshot.... take note of their properties.... edit the wiki.. move on to the next plant... :(

Otterbear likes this.
  2. tony hug

tony hug Commander

new game
    ... wildlife hates me . i mean really hates me, honestly those ogoya (or whatever) must be just jel of my looks
    ... finally buried start capsule (3rd attempt)
    ... accidently deleted oxy generator for 3rd time , water generator 4 th time
    ... yah.. found copper .. 10 spare oxy cylinders away
    ... finally have hope

3. RobDog

RobDog Commander

Welcome to the forums!

4. Milk

Milk Ensign

I found out that when you quit the game automatically saves........ see i saved my game right before trying the remove tool as i wasn't certain if it was gonna actually remove the small constructor from the pod and allow me to carry it. When i found out it didn't, i quit to reload... naturally what happened is i was screwed. So i had to start over. Although it turns out what had been a few hours of gameplay when i didn't know what i was doing, was barely an hour once i knew. So i'm pretty much almost back to the same level of progression now. And i learned sooner instead of later that quitting and reloading is not an option.

I hadn't died in my other game though and in fact there had been a really cool moment yesterday when i went mining with not quite a lot of oxygen left, i thought i'd be way ok if i headed back to the pod in time. Except i'd never mined so i underestimated the time it would take me to figure out how to get out of my mining hole...oxygen was already very low by the time i got out, and i had 500m to go. i ran for it. Then when my stamina was gone i tried short bursts of jetpack to help. By the time i made it to the ship my bar looked to be at zero, i rushed to put a bottle in the oxygen thing, got in the ship, turned power on, got out....fresh oxygen filled my helmet in the nick of time. i suspect i had only probably a couple of seconds left to live... though i don't know when you run out if you die right away or start losing health like with food? (something that bugs me in Elite dangerous...after oxygen runs out a normal human could hold their breath for at LEAST an extra minute!) either way, it had been too close for comfort but was a nice memorable moment.

Astra and Otterbear like this.
  5. Milk

Milk Ensign

thank you

6. mike me

mike me Commander

Just before you die from lack of air or food. Your screen will look like your on a bad trip. You then have like 5 to 10 secs (never timed it, was to busy at the time haha) then your dead.

7. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Workin on a Battlecruiser. Doesn't have a name yet, and is nowhere near done, but it has an engine room and a bridge, so it can move (sort of). Most of the hull is 2 - 4 blocks thick, and covered in turrets. Also, @Predatar556 , it can fit 2 Rifters in the docking bay with room to spare.

No interior stuff yet (mostly) but soon.

First pic shows it in comparison to my Tiberius Frigate and Nero Corvette.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Astra, Krenios and Predatar556 like this.
  8. Predatar556

Predatar556 Lieutenant

Holy crap that thing is huge!!!
    That thing is freakin' massive! Looks awesome!

I'm working on another EVE Online ship currently. Same faction as the Rifter, but this frigate is a cargo/data runner. Unlike the Rifter though, it's an asymmetrical design, I wanted to do something different. I don't imagine it'll be fitting through any ones docking bay doors. Not yet anyway...

I've barely entered the detailing phase, and haven't even touched the interior... So still quite a bit of work to do, but here's a sneak peek.
    2015-11-08_00002.jpg

Slam Jones likes this.
  9. Tiv

Tiv Lieutenant

I tried to build the ranger from Interstellar but that shape drives me crazy. Not sure if I have to build larger to get that sharp shapes or just doing it wrong. Now I have to search for more pictures before I dare the next try.

ranger.jpg

10. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Not 100% Empyrion related, but I did order something last night, which should be showing up tomorrow:

(Thermaltake Level 10 GT case)
    [​IMG]

I must have awful money management skills... but hell, I still got plenty left to pay rent and bills and whatnot, so I can't be doing too badly :p

(One good effect of being single: plenty of spending money!)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  11. mike me

mike me Commander

So tell us the specs on that fine looking machine.

12. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

@mike me Actually it's just the case that I ordered. Looks like it should include stuff already tho, doesn't it? :p
    But I can give the specs I'm running anyway :)

AMD FX-4350 Quad-Core (4.2GHz)
    12 gB RAM (DDR3 I believe)
    Radeon R9 270 GPU 2gB, 256-bit
    MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 Motherboard
    750 Thermaltake PSU
    1TB HDD (WD Blue)
    No SSD yet, that'll be in the next few months
    Main monitor: 43" 1080p
    Side monitor: 24"(ish) 1080p
    CMStorm Backlit keyboard/mouse (nothing fancy, only $30 for the both of em)
    G27 Racing Wheel w/ Gearshift and pedals (this part's a little fancy :p )
    Logitech Z506 5.1 sound system

Can't wait to install all my components into the new case :D

13. Astra

Astra Commander

Great story!!

14. mike me

mike me Commander

You should like that R9 270. Jays 2 cents has some good reviews. I don't see a mother board. BTW I also run a AMD. Amd 8320e in a MSI 970 gaming motherboard.

Slam Jones likes this.
  15. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

@mike me I love the R9 270. Been rocking 90% of what I've thrown at it. The new Battlefront Beta was one of the few games to make it start wheezing a bit... could only rock medium graphics at 60 fps. The next tier up that I've been looking at is the R9 380 (4gB, 512-bit) would be a very nice improvement, but not entirely needed yet. Besides, AMD is supposedly coming out with a new architecture next year, so it may be worthwhile to wait for that.

And knowing me, of course I forget the Mobo. Checking my NewEgg order history, looks like I've got an MSI 990FXA. Also been working perfectly since I got it :)

16. mike me

mike me Commander

I'd like to upgrade my video card. It's a ASUS GTX750 TI. Works very well even in BF4. Maybe a 980 for Christmas ☺

17. Predatar556

Predatar556 Lieutenant

I just recently upgraded from the 750TI to the 980TI. You won't be sorry bro, it's night and day. Currently playing Fallout 4 in 1440p, ultra everything and pegged at 60fps everywhere. My 750TI would've maybe done this at 10fps... It's awesome man, do it!

18. Synzenia

Synzenia Ensign

I have the same case. It's made pretty sturdy and is already fitted with holes for water cooling if you choose to use it. grats on the purchase. it will be the last case you ever buy.

Slam Jones likes this.
  19. Tiv

Tiv Lieutenant

That case looks awesome. Can't wait for some pictures with your PC parts in it.

In Empyrion I got bored about my finished In-Mountain-Runway and deleted the savegames. It wasn't usefull at all and a waste of effort and resources. It looks nice but I couldn't proceed with the knowledge that I could have start to build a CV in the same time :D

imr.jpg

20. mike me

mike me Commander

Just think of all the mole experience you earned. lol