What do you like most about Empyrion?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Frigidman

Frigidman Well-Known Member

Well... here. Have you read the steam forums??? LOL.

I gave up on some MMO's because they didn't have decent character customization. But those were MMOs. This game isn't so much, but I welcome the additions when they grant them. Maybe this is a hint that all those 'suit slots' are soon to be usable for stuff!

2. ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe Member

I love multiplayer. Especially the PVP aspect of the game, the battles can be epic, some of the closest star wars type fighting yet. Love that you can design war bases, ships and fighters from scratch.

Keep up the great work and lets make the SV's like twice as fast, after all aren't we playing in the future ?

XeroTerragoth, Alo, Mordgier and 2 others like this.
  3. XYZ

XYZ Member

I agree. I would like to see spawning npc's in creative and survival mode.

4. banksman45

banksman45 Well-Known Member

I love the fact that Empyrion isn't just another Space Engineers, Empyrion has a legit survival game. Unlike other Space Survival games you do not need a Engineering degree just to build something simple. lol

5. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Active Member

Am going to spend some deep thought on my response to this but have to say this now...

lol, space hobo beard.

6. Neurosol

Neurosol New Member

(sorry for my english...). I follow Empyrion since the first alpha, playing in survival-coop mode with friends, no PVP.

This game is just what we need for a space-opera : freedom. Full creativity and free exploration. Building system and survival features are awesome. You also make great updates and good work to get the game better and better.

However, i think that there is a lot of work to do (and you surely thought about it ;-) ):
    -The world we visit still too static. In spite of your efforts, it is like playing Arma. It needs more NPC's presence/patrols on planets and in space. Being surprised by drones is cool, but i want to be surprised by a gigantic warping ship.
    -Bigger planets (without virtual walls), weather changes/tempest/temperatures influences. More biomes, giant gas planets, blackholes, etc...
    -Breathable base/ships, shield system for buildings.
    -Player basic emotes. Decor interactions (eating, sitting, sleeping, etc...).
    -Aliens! Creepie-stronger, bigger aliens.
    -Better hand-to-hand/melee fights hitbox.

A bit of criticism too : i do not like XP-unlocking system. For me, finding a better constructor is a sufficient way to improve our technology in the game.

Keep up the good works! Thank you for all you actually did in your game.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    XeroTerragoth likes this.
  7. Silwer

Silwer New Member

I have just started last week.
    -Finding downed spaceships end exploring them.
    -Pillaging enemy bases.
    -Enemy attacking my base. (Hope we could get enemy invasions later)
    -Filling bases and CV with stuff that has a actual use.(warp drive, fridge, storage....)

8. Totally not Kyle

On top of what everyone else has said, going on adventures with friends. One of my most memorable moments was travelling to another planet for the first time together. Into the unknown. :)

9. LifeReapr

LifeReapr New Member

For an alpha-stage game it is better than many finished games of similar genre!

10. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Active Member

I could repeat what others have said – building, exploration, combat, survival, MP, SP and freedom to play the game the way I want, etc. There is so much that is good about EGC that instead I decided to approach this from a ‘what don’t I like about EGC’ perspective. My answer, after considerable thought, is not a lot.

Yes, it has rough edges, unfinished features and missing mechanics - but rough edges get smoothed down, features get finished and new stuff is added and this has so much potential that is possible, not just wishful thinking. The things the developers are aiming for are grand but achievable. The leaps and bounds the game has made already and the pace that it is evolving is truly inspiring.

It’s hard to dislike something because it is not finished and almost as soon as something truly game breaking happens it is fixed by a clearly dedicated development team. We as a community are listened to and asked to contribute so we feel like we are with them at every step of the journey and not just following behind them picking up what they drop our way.

So what do I like about EGC? It’s where we’ve come from and where we are going, and in some way it’s the journey that I am enjoying the most. I might even fell a little sad when it eventually comes to an end.

11. Catilius

Catilius New Member

Please, make alternative energy resources. All community just are wait it.

12. Ninja_power

Ninja_power Member

- Do not make decorative blocks, everything in the game should have a purpose
    - Ships with automatic pilots, during the trip we could walk the ship and do things
    - Procedural planets
    - giants enemies for epic battles
    - Functional parts (Retractile landing gear, hide cannons, moving parts, etc.)

13. vinurd

vinurd Active Member

I like that here is the most hardworking and responsive developers. What the game has much of what you could dream of. And that there is hope to see the galaxy mechanisms.

14. Westworld

Westworld Active Member

Well said, pretty much what I was thinking of saying too. :D

15. zztong

zztong Active Member

The game is still changing but so far, I've enjoyed the balance between building and action in a single player game.

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. zztong

zztong Active Member

At the risk of sounding like I'm quibbling, I see decoration as a purpose. I mean, I have artwork in my house for the purpose of making me happy.

But I think I get what you mean. Lots of the decoration blocks are things like computers. It perhaps seems strange for some significant chunk of electronics to be decorative. I generally look upon those in a POI both contributing to the game's environment as well as loot. If you deconstruct them you get some resources.

17. The Dirt Wizard

Agreed. They added functionality to the deco storage crates. But it is possible to add deco to a functional area and not have too much clutter or lose efficiency. Makes the world a better place.

18. The Dirt Wizard

Exploration, adventure, and game story are the big ones for me. Re playable game story that is durable for multiplayer, so it doesn't end up just being a mercenary style war arena.

Actually my biggest love is designing and building ships for the workshop. I can spend hours and hours on deciding which type of block to use for a project. I'd love to see all the corner blocks to wrap the edges. But there must be adventure and discovery or I'll be building ships for no one. So, adventure is the thing.

Specifically for multiplayer, a 50/50 split for pve / pvp playfields would better reflect the player base, according to the survey. Many servers are taking a custom approach with this in mind, but it is often buggy. And requires mega tons of very tedious work for the under paid server manager. Most servers will follow the standard config.

SE is really the only other game where you can build your own ship from blocks. EGS is the only game that makes that easy, fun and exciting. Keep it unique, keep up the great work!

19. Wayfinder

Wayfinder New Member

Best thing about this game is in over 500+ hour's I have not once got bored, you can always find something to keep you entertained. Great job devs!

20. Wayfinder

Wayfinder New Member

I like the idea of being able to change the look of your character, this will make the game seem more personal to me. I may not see it much but if I play with friends they will and it will be great to not just see several of the same looking characters running around :)

markoredflag and Tyrax Lightning like this.