What do you like most about Empyrion?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Wayfinder

Wayfinder New Member

I hope that the game will get regular updates after release to keep it fresh and fun. This may sound strange but I didn't want to have an end game, having to much fun!

robchatc35 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Dietrich

Dietrich Member

1) It's fun.

Various posters have already mentioned some spot-on aspects of this game that make it so uniquely fun, so I'll try to be succinct. Building is great (especially lately with the really smooth placement refinement), using your creations is immediately satisfying. Combat is mostly satisfying at this stage (bullet tracers made a far bigger difference in this arena than I thought they would). The sense of survival can be real if you want it to be (difficulty settings), and like others have said, can leave you flat busted if you mess up an outing early on.

2) I can play it with my kids--my son loves this game!

I love this aspect. They started on Minecraft (it was a bit behind my age group, so I never played it--or any builders before this), and playing this game is kinda like a big-boy version of Minecraft. You guys may tire from hearing that so often, but it really should be flattering to be spoken of as "a better version of" a game that is wildly successful. The violence factor is visceral enough, but not too much where I worry about my daughter having nightmares if she's watching (although those weird tree-demon shriekers freak her out a bit ;) ).

3) Public creations.

Absolutely love the fact that I have flown everything from Star Wars and Star Trek to Battlestar Galactica vehicles, as well as wonderful original creations by our super-talented community.

Last but not least--let me preface my #4 and final point of what I enjoy about Empyrion by saying this: I am an enterprise-level Software Engineer for a huge international company. I understand software development life-cycle and enterprise delivery at an expert level. I am a Master of Science in Software Engineering.

I give my credentials in order to emphasize my internal knowledge and experience of turning characters, numbers, and operands into usable functions through computer software.

4) The development team--Eleon Studios.

It is truly rare to encounter the combination of speed, efficiency, dedication, and understanding of community in game creation. Through the years, there have been various development and support teams for games that have shined, but it's certainly not everyday. Eleon is an exemplary team that churns out fixes and updates with startling ferocity. Seriously, guys, if you're not in software development professionally, this may pass you by, but this team is something else... I cannot tell you how much I appreciate Eleon's dedication to their commitments and work ethic. It keeps me coming back. I own 3 copies of this game and still have only spent $35 on it total. It is, by far and wide, the best money I've ever spent on video gaming, by value, in my life.

Thank you community for being great, and thank you Eleon for being a jewel in game creation. Keep it up. I've sold 11 copies of this game to others so far. I continue to talk about this game with glee to anyone who may be interested. I love Empyrion. :cool:

3. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Well-Known Member

Oh really, you think that that is what journalists will ask them? Your 'should be' makes no sense in this context whatsoever, except showing you've missed the point.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

Planets used to exert Gravity pulling stuff towards them until about 2,000ish Meters away from them, then there were too many complaints about its Implementation & it got removed. I'm hoping it'll return when the Devs figure out how to Implement it in a better way cause it really does make sense for such things to exist.

mR_kAt, XeroTerragoth and Ceabras like this.
  5. Ganelon

Ganelon Member

There is 'stuff to do' and a compelling reason to do it.

6. Generation117

Generation117 New Member

7. Kronoss

Kronoss Active Member

It is complex yet not so complex to causes massive lag.
    It brings almost all the elements of other games together in one place. FPS, space sim/air combat, creativity/crafting, survival, building, and resource gathering/management.
    It is a bit overwhelming at first but, becomes intuitive and second nature later.
    It is not just another creation/show off game. You can be as creative as you want but are also rewarded for building with a purpose.
    It is almost like real life, if you could magically create a spaceship and fly to the moon to gather resources or warp to a new star system.

This game is still in alpha and is better then a lot of AAA games that have already been released. 280 hours of game play and still not board.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  8. Xentor

Xentor Active Member

I ! liked ! once that this game was challenging and a good promise for a impressive (potential) epic adventure with a huge creative content. The promise of impressive creative alienworlds, awsome alienbattleships to fight against and perhaps take them over. The idea of an epic quest / jorney to find a place of old myths. The idea to bring in good high Sci Fi Ideas and look. Perhaps the hope to get something like Starbound in 3D.
    Till it became a lame Casual 3D low Sci Fi Shooter. Whitch is finishable for expierenced players in under 1 week. Whitch wents the way of the easiest goal to pleasure the casual gamers and PVP people. Naja *shrucks* it`s not my game so guess have to deal with and learn this stuff myselfe.

9. Demagol

Demagol New Member

While I agree with voices who say customization is but a small feature, it's still a good addition. I will be able to make my character bald and bearded like myself :D

As for cool moments, I'd share, but my potato of a pc won't let me record and play at the same time, FPS loss is too big :p

All things considered, since purchasing the game I'm constantly amazed by the level of the updates and their frequency. This is the thing I like the most about Empyrion, because it stands out from other Early Access titles on Steam. Feels like the game might hit 1.0 by the end of next year. For now I'm waiting what the next big update brings. Hope it arrives about Xmas/New Year.

Oh, after reaching the end of the post, I remembered one thing that for me falls under "most awesome moment." It was testing my all-purpose SV in combat for the first time. Pic very much related. My "beauty."(I'm more of an utilitarian when it comes to design) It has all the things needed for survival play, and packs a punch sufficient to deal with pretty much anything.

Attached Files:

10. Ixx

Ixx New Member

After 1200'ish hours played, here are my main reasons for still playing Empyrion:

- The Combination of self built ships/machines and PVP is a great idea and works really well.
    - The developers dedication to Newtonian physics: interaction between weight,gravity and momentum.
    - The ability to dig and build bases underground, love it!!
    - Construction is well thought out and works very well, including the "Structural integrity" and "center of gravity" features.
    - The fact that the developers listen to the community and are quick to fix bugs/exploits.

... and all of this in a game labeled "Alpha"

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  11. Hellion

Hellion Active Member

^This. This so much. I've played plenty of in development games and I've played games from established companies who offer little to no playable development version. I hope to see Eleon Game Studios become a heavyweight like Blizzard or Valve some day. Although I hope I won't ever have to say I miss the old days when they used to listen to us. ;-)

Empyrion has so much frickin' potential. There are so many things that I hope to see get fleshed out even better than they already are and the fact that you guys update so often keeps me on the edge of my seat. Every new feature that I've seen get added has been totally welcome. Sometimes they're even updates that I had already been hoping would happen, like the repair pads and T2 multitool!

The biggest draw at first look is the building from scratch, Sci-fi theme and overall look of the game(voxel building and realistic environment). What's kept me around and coming back has been the great dev team that listens to their playerbase and ACTUALLY UPDATES THEIR GAME IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME.

*sarcasm* Its almost like you guys are aware that you're still in development and just because you're already selling copies doesn't mean you've already released the product. *sarcasm*

It honestly makes me wonder what all these other dev teams are doing with all the time between updates! I would love to see "A Day at the Eleon Game Studios Office" so we can all take note what a real dev team looks like and help put these other indie devs to shame since they take months to develop 1/4 of the content that you guys push out in 3-4 weeks!

12. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Well-Known Member

This is a loaded question if ever I saw one. I was never really into the space genre to begin with, my father was a huge Star Trek fan and I grew up friends with quite a few Star Wars fanatics - never really took interest myself.

Until Empyrion.

I caught a let's play of this game while watching videos for some other game and was immediately captivated by the game's aesthetics and concept design:
    - Crash land on an alien planet (which eventually became an actual intro sequence with an actual escape pod rather than an SV named "escape pod" lol)
    - Slowly build up defenses until drone waves are little more than a nuisance
    - Design an SV (or HV now that they are actually viable) to seek revenge on the locals and loot epic weapons from the charred shells of what used to be their outposts
    - Head into outer-freaking-space in a vessel of your own design (personal experience may vary based on your engineering/creative prowess)
    - Mine asteroids (while fighting off flashbacks to the days of atari - points if you get the reference) and visit the moon to search for rare materials
    - And - as if landing on the moon wasn't cool enough - you can tool around the entire solar system in a custom-built CV once you amass enough materials.

Then I actually started playing the game myself and found the game has a nice mix of RPG laced in there and the building system isn't infuriating like Space Engineers - which I loved in concept, but bored me to tears faster than almost any game I've ever played. The developers are literally the best devs I've ever seen on an early access game, the community is probably one of the best (if not the best) I've ever shared a forum with, and when we (myself and the community in general) speak, the devs listen.

And I don't mean in a, "yea we hear you and will provide lip service" kind of way. As someone stated above, we ask for something, it is usually added to the game within a few weeks or a month. If it doesn't work right, or a better suggestion comes up, it gets changed. Not talked about changing, no promises or references to timelines, just changed.

tl;dr - I like the fact that this game has the best devs and fan base, which results in one of the best sandbox survival games I've ever played.

I came here a loyal fan from 7 days to die, and I think I play EGS more often now, not for any faults in 7dtd, but just because the game and community kicks so much butt that it locks on and draws you in like a tractor beam.

Hey that reminds me, maybe we could get tractor beams... j/k lol :cool:

13. XeroTerragoth

At the rate they release updates, there's a pretty good chance we will see further updates prior to the end of the year. I doubt it will be alpha 15 though, as they are probably working on that in the background since it appears they are prioritizing bugs and balancing tweaks (like they usually do after a new alpha comes out).

Guess that's just another example of how Eleon devs do early access gaming right...lol

14. Aurism

Aurism New Member

The devs are hardworking and responsive to the requests of the player community, among the best of any game I've ever played!

15. Flash Hendricks

Just like to add my appreciation of the devs; amazingly impressive. Everything I like has been mentioned (more than once), but I would like to make a plea on behalf of us sad, lonely bastards with no friends (online or anywhere else) who play single player games. I know there's still lots of development to go, but please could the final game have a strong story in which your choices make a difference to the outcome (so you can play it more than once). Thanks

16. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Well-Known Member

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein.

I love engineering things with relatively little restriction besides how I want my creation to perform. Build by my own strategy and playstyle. And then field them, in excellent RPG space adventure style.

17. KaneNOD

KaneNOD Member

Gosto muito do fato de poder criar minhas próprias naves, seguindo as minhas ideias! Não ficam exatamente como o esperado mas da pra fazer bem próximo disso! Gosto do fato de poder minerar, plantar, construir, sair do planeta, ir para onde eu quiser a hora que eu quiser.

Acho bem legal o fato de poder invadir as POIs! É bem divertido! A que eu mais gostei de invadir foi a Xeno Fortress! Extremamente difícil quebrar suas defesas e depois ainda tem muitos monstros, porém dentro da base contém 6 armas épicas, se não estou enganado, pois a dificuldade vale o preço!

Gosto do fato de que o pessoal de desenvolvimento sempre está aqui no fórum pra ler as ideias dos jogadores e selecionar algumas para serem implementadas no jogo! Isso é fantástico!

Espero muito que o jogo continue seguindo essa linha de idéias genias! Foi uma das melhores aquisições que eu fiz, no que diz respeito a comprar um jogo!

Freemam_Br and XeroTerragoth like this.
  18. Osskey

Osskey New Member

I really like the scope. It mimic's Robinson Crusoe on Mars to some extent. You have to use your wits and your imagination to not only survive, but thrive enough to rebuild sufficiently to rejoin civilization. I am hopeful the SP game play will evolve to allow a final confrontation where you join in a last desperate fight with what you've been able to build.

19. XeroTerragoth

Really hate to be that guy, but I don't believe that is something Einstein ever said - I think that quote was by Richard Feynman (not 100% on this :oops:). A friend and I had a debate over miss-attributed quotes a while back and this exact quote was one of the ones we discussed. Apparently, he isn't quoted as having said this anywhere on record.

Though, after some speech where he was asked a complex question regarding spin statistics (re: quantum sub-atomic particles), he did however say something along the lines of "I couldn’t reduce it to the freshman level. That means we really don’t understand it" after promising (and subsequently failing) to produce a lecture on the subject for freshman-level students.

Which is close enough I guess? :D

What is interesting as a side note: The most commonly misattributed quotes are used by politicians (when they refer to our "founding fathers" in America especially). I guess it's just human nature to want to believe famous people said things we agree with. lol

20. Savinwraith

Savinwraith Active Member

Nothing new to add from me. My love of the game is like what most others have stated.
    The personal highlight though is that for me its nice to be able to play a game that is not just about blowing everything up.
    In my opinion, humanities ability to create is one of the most amazing things about it and this game works to include that piece of amazing.