What do you like most about Empyrion?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 29, 2016.

1. TheRADIOMAN03

TheRADIOMAN03 New Member

It's difficult to point out one thing. The best, is I can do what I want to do when I want to do it. I love that for every action I take on a planet, there's a reaction. I love the landscape, the creatures, the aliens and alien bases, the weapons, the GRIND and so on. Doing a lets play on my channel of your game and am having a blast. I do believe I have found a game that can finally replace Minecraft. The only problem is the copy righted music. Won't pay money for that.

Marty and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Vatasblubber

Vatasblubber New Member

The freedom to do or build whatever the heck I want in a beautiful 3d HD world. Thank you for this great game.

Aeri, Chucksta and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

Love this game because it allows me to build the ships i like and fly around with them. Can build a whole populated Star system with Bases ships and orbital bases, if i wanted to. And the best thing is in single player mode, i ca take all the time in the world for that, without being distracted. (I'm doing soley Singleplayer mode)
    But the best things are still to come.
    Can't wait for a whole Galaxy to explore and AI aliens to encounter!

I just hope the game will not too much rely on PvP and multiplayer fighting or cooperation. As soon as i get the feel it gets into that direction, i'm out.

Frankyln, Aeri, Chucksta and 3 others like this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

I'm dominantly PvP MP player, & even I agree that this game should be fun for SP Solo, MP Solo, SP Coop, MP Coop, & MP PvP all, with no one non-Troll/Griefer excluded. I'm still hoping stuff like SP having the Weapon Max Limit with no removing it doable is cause of something innocent, like it not being 'Code Foundation Work' while the Dev's Main Priority is getting the 'Code Foundation Work' done first so all or at least almost all Planned Features can get at least their First Draft Implementation, then stuff can be refined, cleaned up, tweaked, etc. afterwards.

5. Guest

Guest Member

Two things that interested and brought me to this game are survival and the fact that the player had to "get his hands dirty" and rely on his skill and abilities rather than simple, pleasant, challenge-less development to get anywhere - from exploring the environment in search of food and other resources, through moments of tension during battle, ending at relief when dilapitated craft of ours crash-lands near player's camp, in safety, with goods brought from the voyage but also a worry whether they'll be enough or are worth the damage one will have to play mechanic with, getting into the near-wreck, fixing, rearranging and replacing components before next excursion.

At least in the beginning.

Empyrion became one of the few games where surviving isn't actually about topping off a bar but about a challenge, finding oneself on an alien planet and trying to make do with strange flora and fauna.

Traversing the land to gather cargohold of much needed resources when on the brink of starvation and oxygen deprivation, exploring installations in search of advanced equipment and goods, having goals beyond building, fighting and flying around for the sake of ir or satisfying a powertrip - that all makes the game ripe with possibilities without being directionless. There's not many decent games with one stranded on an alien world trying to first carve oneself a niche and then move on from there to be just another free traveler among the stars, after all.

I won't lie, I am slightly worried about the above, though. With stuff like automatic mining and promised automatic magical all-repairing, with the fact that actual survival is a challenge only on Omicron on hard preset (despite game's subtitle) and only for the first few hours of the game, it seems that Empyrion moves in the direction of casual sci-fi sandbox builder about developing crazy constructions and conquering worlds - which may be fun as well, but there are already games like that and quite much developed in that direction as well. One of the reasons why I am slightly less active around here, too, though still lurking from time to time, dividing now free time between this game, other interests and other titles.

But even if it'll get there and become just another sci-fi sandbox title (I want to keep faith in developers that it won't) there's still a lot of fun and the above, combined with competent devs noticing need for optimization and bugfixing rather than just cramming in new features and eyecandy - so far make me choose this title over some of the popular nowadays competitors.

Frankyln and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Well-Known Member

I get those warnings too as well. As long as you don't have the channel monetized, and you indicate in the video upload that the video is of game-play, you can dispute the claim (and obviously don't make any false claims regarding the content lol).

They've done this to me like...3 or 4 times and I've disputed each one with success.

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. DaCosTa

DaCosTa New Member

THE MOST LIKE ME IS GOING FLYING THE PLANET AND FIND ME WITH A ORANGE SPHERE THAT IMPOSES ME THE STEP, THAT ENJOYS ME

binhthuy71 likes this.
  8. q_the_physicist

q_the_physicist New Member

What I like and what is unique about this game to me is the dedicated server system. For my wife and I, this is perfect as it allows us to really get immersed in the survival aspect of this game. Normally we play mmo with all the other people which is not a problem, but different. It is strangely pleasing to have our own dedicated server just for us two.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  9. Nauttdog (naut-T-dog)

I love the fact that the game is sort of a tabula rasa. You can do with it what you choose. You can make it purely a survival game, or it could be a coop game, or a pvp mmo type game. I play on a multiplayer server and it is awesome to be able to roleplay and complete custom made missions that are player driven. For example in the faction I run, for new players, I have designed a mission around the concept of a "damaged" comms array. The array has gone down and we don't know why. So I send the newbie out to investigate. Once they are there they discover that the array has been taken offline due to an attack by alien drones. They can destroy the drones and then repair the array.

An example:

The fact I can put all that together (I do some out of game stuff, like making briefing video etc), make the necessary assets to do it in creative mode, and then get players to experience it in game, is what I love most about this game. So much potential here it is awesome. Literally everything some of the bigger more well-funded space genre games are trying to do, empyrion has the fundamentals already laid down.

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

That was a interesting Vid! Imagine if we gotta Empyrion App for making stuff like that specially for In-Game use, & that could play on Empyrion Devices! :D

Nauttdog (naut-T-dog) likes this.
  11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Well-Known Member

My game, my way. I've played building games with an Easy start on Akua, survival games with a Hard start on Omicron, and lots of other combinations along the way. Can I clear the Abandoned Mine with only a brace of T2 pistols? Only one way to find out...

12. Kerensky

Kerensky New Member

The devs actually listen to the community.

Don't need to say anything else, everything else is implicit.

Lhetre, Frankyln, Neal and 1 other person like this.
  13. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Well-Known Member

Simply, what I like the most is that EGS offers me everything I want in a game all in one place. (and it isn't even finished yet)

Lhetre and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. Tzion

Tzion New Member

LOOKS EPIC DEVS!! NICE JOB! I have a serious question however. I noticed that you changed up the player starting game mode? Where Omnicron is for (Alien Players) ? Is this just something you added for cool RP or are you guys changing up something so that there are indeed Humans and Alien playable characters? I'd LOVE to look like one of those reptillian aliens or even the scary ones with big eyes and skinny freaky body! Muahahaha

Anyways, long ago i suggested that you guys add a playable bug race. Something that can't build starships but can dig , and create it's own type of bug blocks. So that there's a stronger reason to pvp. Anyways is there a real difference now in alien and human playable toons or are you talking about the simple color and look of your toon?

15. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Well-Known Member

Man, it took me so long to finally write a "what I like" response, then that guy comes along..:p

16. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Member

Honestly there is a lot to like about this game :) Great devs that update often for one! Very few bugs to speak of normally. LOTS of creativity can actually be useful and realized in this game. The level of customization overall is phenomenal really. Survival is actually a fun aspect of the game not just frustrating and featureless. AND as a community we impact the games development directly! Really as soon as modding is available this game is going to be freaking amazing. Every time we mention something in our discord you guys end up fixing it hahahaha.

Neal and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. SoB

SoB New Member

exploration and construction I like being able to build my ships and fly to strange new worlds just wished the worlds where more lived in I mean it is getting there but lots of room for improvment

18. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Well-Known Member

definitely the coffee.
    Oh the coffee is soooo good.
    Lets go party Cpt_Beefheart !

bring your own coffee !

Lhetre and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Syrus

Syrus Active Member

I kind of look at Empyrion as a Minecraft/Eve Online hybrid, or Lego and Space ships if I think of when I was younger.

That is good enough for me, it's like Eleon read my mind :)

Keep up the good work guys.

20. Valuor de'Cerfen

Valuor de'Cerfen New Member

i play empyrion for pvp only. the best empyrion feature is you can fight a large group of enemies with good chances to win. you can build a good ship and fight with entire factions and you still can win 1 vs 3 or 1 vs 4 fights with good chances if you are good engineer and your ship is strong enough. your skill is not depending on players count fighting on your sight so you can be a solo hero and not need to force your friends to play the same game and to be online always you want to fight. there is unique pvp feature. your chances to win 1 vs 3 in WOW pvp or in CS are about zero. strongly depends on players number on your team.