What do you like most about Empyrion?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Talien

Talien Ensign

The things I like most are:

It's stable (seriously, I haven't had a single crash, and only one error)

Everything is customizeable, but not overly complicated. Color and texture are a separate thing that can be changed anytime and not something you have to choose when you create something.

Workshop support. I can't overstate how nice it is to be able to browse other people's creations and pick something I like when I'm not feeling particularly creative.

2. Nookriot

Nookriot Ensign

Long time gamer here (#Atari2600) who has a special love for games like Empyrion, with deep DEEP scope and vision. I have always loved to build things and create my own story (#ChooseYourOwnAdventure). When you combine all that with Space and Technology and survival . . . well . . .

*DING**DING**DING**DING**DING*

We have a winner! Keep up the stellar work (See what I did there?) and don't rush things unnecessarily!

Marty, Neal, Fenris4024 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Fenris4024

Fenris4024 Ensign

Simple: space. Legos. :)

Lhetre, Nookriot, Neal and 1 other person like this.
  4. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

If I had to be honest I would say it is the developers and the community.

But gameplay-wise I think it is the mysterious survival space game that it is. When I first started playing this game I had no idea that evil plant monsters would spawn at night and attack me. I like the sense of mystery, adventure, danger and exploration. That said, with the recent updates I feel that the game has gotten a bit too easy. There are so many civilian bases that I can loot for massive amounts of free stuff so early in the game.

The creatures are no longer much a threat to me anymore for some reason. Maybe it's that they dont spawn as much or that they spawn so far from base or whatever. Not sure. But the environment no longer feels like much a threat in this game at the moment.

5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Last I heard this was temporary & eventually these Civilian POIs were gonna get inhabited by NPCs down the road.

Lhetre, Neal and Nookriot like this.
  6. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

"All that environment 'stuff' is 'just a waste of time', 'whats the point'" - PVP'r

Pretty much sums up why things are getting watered down, and unexciting for PVE.

Lhetre, Frankyln, Neal and 2 others like this.
  7. Neal

Neal Captain

EGS wouldn't be the first game with high goals getting ruined because of PvP demands.
    What i like most lately is to examine other ppls Ships/Bases to discover new and creative building techniques.

Zedd, Marty, Lhetre and 4 others like this.
  8. RNCB

RNCB Ensign

I like the fact I can enable cheating for the server I run. Sometimes noobs and vets alike want to try something new, see how the ship holds up under fire, etc. If there was no option to allow cheating, that couldn't happen. It is simple enough to add to the server description that cheats are or are not allowed without blocking it all together. If someone doesn't like it, they can find another server or host their own like I am.

VISION305 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I like the most that I can build things that are actually functional. Watching my creations come alive is great. And to use them to roam, survive and thrive in different planets is just a game that I have always seemed to look for, and I'm glad I finally found.

10. SpidertThCz

SpidertThCz Ensign

want say its not so limited, but now only in single player u can build some ships/ and in multiplayer the big thrusters on cv lost sense now... idk

11. Senator Mendoza

Senator Mendoza Lieutenant

Exploring new planets, taking over bases and hoarding lots of goodies ;)

Zedd, Marty, Lhetre and 1 other person like this.
  12. [P.B.B.] DuLux

[P.B.B.] DuLux Commander

Great community.
    Freedom to build, color, texture.
    Stability.
    Exploration and space travel.

Marty, Lhetre, Pyston and 2 others like this.
  13. EbolaNinja

EbolaNinja Ensign

So far my favorite part about empyrion is the ability to lag shot others by having a superior gaming rig while rocking a million sentry turrets on my ship. Cool right.

Lhetre likes this.
  14. wrenchinator

wrenchinator Commander

I enjoy building ships and testing them out in a PVP environment. Additionally, I enjoy the whining from supposed PVP players who "just want to build stuff and not be attacked" which is code for "I want to build up a massive force and come get you after you have allowed me to just build stuff". It's really great and we laugh about it all day at work.

Zedd, Lhetre and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  15. Zensai

Zensai Lieutenant

I remember " back in the day" when I feared those raptors....now we just walk up to them and pet them, they got all family orientated since they roam in packs now. The spiders are another thing altogether!
    I have close to 750 - 800 hours in, and believe me, I love the game, for an Alpha, it's well put together.

Zedd, Senator Mendoza, Lhetre and 2 others like this.
  16. Pyston

Pyston Captain

I love to build constructs that have purpose that help me to explore the universe and overcome obstacles. I would like to see more purpose for ships in game. For example I need a medium sized ship (large SV) that can have a few hover crafts docked inside so I can shuttle from a planet to a Capital Vessel I have parked in space. It would be nice to see rolling vehicles, but not sure how to make them necessary vs HV's or using a small SV to explore instead.

It's hard to say what I like the most because so many systems are intertwined. I need fun building with some depth for cool constructs in order to explore. I need exploration to be fun, deep and rewarding to entice me to build stuff.

I have been a PVPer at heart since my venture into online gaming with other people. That being said. I prefer Empyrion as a PVE environment.

Neal and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. Jerimiah Fleischmann

Group play is awesome. Lot of fun to build a cv with friends then explore or pvp. Everyone working together to keep this life line that is our ship afloat

18. senaque

senaque Ensign

In this order:

1st: Space + Sandbox + Persistance/MMO that I can actually land on the planet(s), fly in space, fly inter-system, explore the planets. Very few sci-fi genre mmos or games with persistence exist, and even fewer have promised the basic premises above, and none except Empyrion has managed to find the right balance and deliver!

2nd: Survival. Some of the situations your character may get into requires some interesting techniques, salvaging, survival know-how and quick thinking to get out of. Very, very unique among many games.

3rd: PvP & Community. Once you reach max level, once you've built your "best ship", once you've explored every planet type, every item, every monster type, every rare item (and let's face it, still very little content in way of PvE yet)... basically explored all the your little hearts can handle, Eleon manages to provide you a platform for endgame experience like none other, with fully customisable ships, worlds (from a server end), and endless hours of PVP within the sandbox, with the right combination of gameplay balance. There are genuine opportunities to make lots of new friends and enemies, experience new gameplay continuously and continue the journey with your server and the community at large, with regular patches, mechanics & rules updates, fixes and a solid grass-roots ear-to-the-ground connection to the playerbase.

There is so much more that I love most about Empyrion, but I figured I would stop at 3 :) Having said that, I feel that there is so much more they can give and will give in the future, I feel if they can manage to stick to the core tenants of "Galactic" "Survival" "Sandbox". The rest is just "Bonus!@#"

Congratulations team and keep up the awesome work.

Empyrion is a recipe for amazing success.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  19. Jaycephus

Jaycephus Ensign

Summary: Balance

Only played for a few man-days and I'm not off of the first planet, yet, but this game is more fun than others of its type because it has a great mix of survival, challenge, exploration, guidance, and building. I like building a lot, but that only goes so far in holding my attention. The balance of the need to go out and find stuff, with the dangers in the environment, plus the alien enemies that will come to you, forcing you to go out more and explore and mine and build more and more is the best I've seen. Most alternatives don't even have all of Empyrion's elements in one game.

This is a truly fun 'game' and a block builder. Great combination. Still lots more to explore and build. :)

Zedd, Lhetre and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. Lhetre

Lhetre Lieutenant

Devs keeping the balance between building, exploring, mining, survival, and fighting.
    And space. Outer space to travel through.
    Possibly the game I have most appreciated to play ever.

Zedd, Neal and Tyrax Lightning like this.