What do you like most about Empyrion?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Talien

Talien New Member

The things I like most are:

It's stable (seriously, I haven't had a single crash, and only one error)

Everything is customizeable, but not overly complicated. Color and texture are a separate thing that can be changed anytime and not something you have to choose when you create something.

Workshop support. I can't overstate how nice it is to be able to browse other people's creations and pick something I like when I'm not feeling particularly creative.

Neal and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Nookriot

Nookriot New Member

Long time gamer here (#Atari2600) who has a special love for games like Empyrion, with deep DEEP scope and vision. I have always loved to build things and create my own story (#ChooseYourOwnAdventure). When you combine all that with Space and Technology and survival . . . well . . .

*DING**DING**DING**DING**DING*

We have a winner! Keep up the stellar work (See what I did there?) and don't rush things unnecessarily!

Neal, Fenris4024 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. Fenris4024

Fenris4024 New Member

Simple: space. Legos. :)

Nookriot, Neal and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. VISION305

VISION305 Active Member

If I had to be honest I would say it is the developers and the community.

But gameplay-wise I think it is the mysterious survival space game that it is. When I first started playing this game I had no idea that evil plant monsters would spawn at night and attack me. I like the sense of mystery, adventure, danger and exploration. That said, with the recent updates I feel that the game has gotten a bit too easy. There are so many civilian bases that I can loot for massive amounts of free stuff so early in the game.

The creatures are no longer much a threat to me anymore for some reason. Maybe it's that they dont spawn as much or that they spawn so far from base or whatever. Not sure. But the environment no longer feels like much a threat in this game at the moment.

5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

Last I heard this was temporary & eventually these Civilian POIs were gonna get inhabited by NPCs down the road.

Neal and Nookriot like this.
  6. Frigidman

Frigidman Well-Known Member

"All that environment 'stuff' is 'just a waste of time', 'whats the point'" - PVP'r

Pretty much sums up why things are getting watered down, and unexciting for PVE.

7. Neal

Neal Active Member

EGS wouldn't be the first game with high goals getting ruined because of PvP demands.
    What i like most lately is to examine other ppls Ships/Bases to discover new and creative building techniques.

8. RNCB

RNCB New Member

I like the fact I can enable cheating for the server I run. Sometimes noobs and vets alike want to try something new, see how the ship holds up under fire, etc. If there was no option to allow cheating, that couldn't happen. It is simple enough to add to the server description that cheats are or are not allowed without blocking it all together. If someone doesn't like it, they can find another server or host their own like I am.

VISION305 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. rainyday

rainyday Member

I like the most that I can build things that are actually functional. Watching my creations come alive is great. And to use them to roam, survive and thrive in different planets is just a game that I have always seemed to look for, and I'm glad I finally found.

Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  10. SpidertThCz

SpidertThCz New Member

want say its not so limited, but now only in single player u can build some ships/ and in multiplayer the big thrusters on cv lost sense now... idk

11. Senator Mendoza

Senator Mendoza New Member

Exploring new planets, taking over bases and hoarding lots of goodies ;)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.