What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Subkelvin

Subkelvin Ensign

Huh. I double checked that I did. A bug perhaps?

The whole thing was incredibly strange. I managed to land my ship (on the outposts landing pad by shear luck). I started repairing it (which worked) until the second cannon (which I hadn't noticed after taking out the first from the sky) got a sight on me and killed me in one shot. I ended up dying about three or four times, each time coming back, grabbing my gear really fast, then placing explosive charges around the cannon (until I finally took it out). I then went back to my ship and used the multi-tool (set on repair). It showed the low hitpoints of the cockpit and other blocks (the ones that were still there), I left clicked, the magic stream of light came out of the tool, charges were used up, but the hitpoints never increased.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Subkelvin

Subkelvin Ensign

Yes, I want one!! Is this one of those things I need to get off the planet for first? I keep running into stuff I can't build because I don't have the advanced ores (to build the advanced constructor and then the items themselves).

3. Tbosh

Tbosh Commander

No you do not need this to get off planet but really comes in handy when repairing sv and hv.

4. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Theory: The Drone may have successfully killed your SV's Core & that in turn takes SV Ownership away from ya. To get Ownership back ya must stick a new Core in.

5. Subkelvin

Subkelvin Ensign

This sounds hugely plausible. Next time I'll bury the core deep in the middle of my ship. Thanks.

6. Tyrax Lightning

No problem. ALWAYS protect the Core well. Dead Core = full blown total TKO on that Vessel. ;) (Even a Dead Cockpit is not such, that's only just loss of ability to Pilot the Vessel but the Vessel's still technically alive & yours.)

7. Vuelhering

Vuelhering Lieutenant

For early PVE, I've taken a different tactic which saves me a lot of materials.

Backstory: I've been stranded on planets after having my warp drive blown up by a lucky drone shot. More than once. This is most common with an early CV that's easy to make, but losing it hurts more than later in the game. Despite being able to shoot down a drone, one lucky plasma drone can wreck your day even if it gets off only a single lucky shot. Warp drive only has 50 hp.

So, I moved the core to be separate from everything on top of the ship, and only minorly protected. Since drones go for that first, they stop shooting as soon as it's dead... I protect it a little bit, but I want it to blow up before the drones blow my ship to dust. In this case, you do not want to protect the core because they'll blast through everything to get to it! :)

This just saved me, last night while I was away on Masperon. Came back and couldn't figure out why my ship wouldn't respond... core was gone, but only a couple cracks in the window next to it. Everything else was fine.

8. Tyrax Lightning

An amusing tactic... hope you're comboing it with carrying Spare Cores.

9. Gherid_lacksGPS

Gherid_lacksGPS Lieutenant

Task:
    Eating

Why:
    Early game is fine, farming / growing is fine. Helps keep it feel "survival-ey," but later game when building and raiding and exploring it becomes an annoying road block to staying on task.

Suggestion:
    When gear / armor is introduced, provide options that will auto slot / craft food as you pick up. Storing consumables in a separate container in the jet-pack / armor / backpack / whatever with a "mini fridge" that will auto feed you.

Honorable mention:
    +1 to replacing blocks on damaged builds.....ugh.......perhaps restore to blueprint spec if you've got the mats on you, or provide an inventory for the repair bay that will then replace blocks so long as mats are present.

10. Subkelvin

Subkelvin Ensign

What I meant is, you need to reach another planet before you can build one. I just checked and in order to construct one, you need power coils, which require both erestrum and zascosium ores, which are apparently only on other planets. :(

11. [TCOM] FiestaMasta

[TCOM] FiestaMasta Ensign

Placing corner blocks and finding out which corners line up to others to create a slanted/curved hull. Some kind of auto detect for rotation would be nice. Or a interface tools that could help.

12. itdocman

itdocman Lieutenant

Clicking on an item in the inventory, then having to drag it down to the destroy box, then click to drop it....

How to fix? Have a key+mouse click to destroy items in the inventory

Wraithcat and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. zer0sum

zer0sum Ensign

Pulling the over-excessive output of O2 from my Hydrogen generators.

EDIT:
    And the reason it is on this list is because it has taken what should be a 1 click action *collect* and turned it into a multi-click action. *Collect* *Dump Trash*

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Wraithcat and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. Gromit

Gromit Captain

Dealing with the oxygen/hydrogen generators making way too much oxygen. With the introduction of fusion, we have a need for large quantities of hydrogen but little use for oxygen. All that happens is we just dump the excess oxygen in containers or just scattered throughout the lands. I'm sure Captain Planet disapproves of the latter method.

Unless you plan for O2 to do more, please consider making the current hydrogen/o2 generator only produce hydrogen and have the oxygen generator just produce o2.

This is definitely number one on my list right now of annoyances, by a large margin.

--

Having to use the bike, ever. It goes sideways down hills, totally refuses to go up hills and a boost that only works sometimes and usually has you going sideways when it does. Oh and usually into water too.

--

organising inventory/boxes manually. A quick sort button would seriously help here.

--

Scrapping anything block by block. Plink, plink, plink, plink, plink, plink, plink, plink, plink, plink, plink. Yes it gets old real fast.

---

Mining. T2 mining gun (or the seizure gun we call it) makes it less awful but I can't look at the screen whilst it goes plink, plink, plink, plink, plink, plink... It's so painful that I just use autominers now.

---

If you have to access a menu for a container on a ship with P, there's no back button so you have to close it and reopen it. This is a lot more noticeable if you have hidden O2 tanks and you have to fill them one by one with the P menu.

EDIT: back button exists but it's barely visible and in a strange place.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  15. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

Well, there is the misplaced and unnoticeable back arrow on the top left-hand corner of the menu. The fartest place they could put it into. :)

Tyrax Lightning and Gromit like this.
  16. Gromit

Gromit Captain

Wow you're right, I never noticed it because it's not only in a strange place but it's barely visible... Thanks

17. Throttle Kitty

Throttle Kitty Lieutenant

(Mostly single player here)

Trying to enter the active AI Bases on foot.
    If you have like, tons of ammo for some of the really high tier weapons it's fine, cause you can just blow everything apart.
    But I find it deeply, deeply awkward and frustrating, both on keyboard and mouse and on controller! (I tried both)

Just moving around is a giant pain in the ass in this game, and is nearly what I wanted to pick! But the "gravity" gets really weird in these bases, and I constantly end up disoriented, the cross-hair flails around violently, that combined with the hit-scan auto-damage attacks the shooting AI use makes it so that they always hit you first! If you hit them first you can stun lock them, they aren't OP at all, but the navigating in this base and not letting their weirdly silent robot asses get the drop on you is just very awkward and frustrating.

I've resorted to just blowing up entire bases from a distance just to make them stop shooting at me! Ugh!

I have pretty high patience for most of the repetitive tasks like mining and painting...
    There are alternative to those, like auto mining, and just not painting... xD

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  18. Vuelhering

Vuelhering Lieutenant

Sounds odd, this has never been my experience except in space. Are you getting stuck in elevators, where you have to either jump to go up or 'C' to go down? Are you also getting graphics lag? If so, that could cause some issues... turn off shadows and sky reflections, and get a huge fps speedup.

19. Throttle Kitty

Throttle Kitty Lieutenant

Inclines seem to trip out the game for me, it makes gravity behave very oddly, sometimes snatching be down or up inclines quite aggressively. The game sometimes acts kinda like a ship floating in space inside bases on planets I guess? I also sometimes get snatch clean over ledges... It's like the momentum my character builds doesn't dissipate right and it suddenly snatches me in the direction it thinks maybe gravity is.

It's not really a lag issue, or at least doesn't seem to be. The game usually has pretty good performance for me!

it just feels like some oddities in how the game calculates it's gravity, cause the same issues kinda berserk in space under certain weird circumstances.

20. Zathras

Zathras Lieutenant

Using six Large T1 Generators just to power a fridge! Please let us turn off individual Generators!