What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Aurex

Aurex Commander

I would say that the LEAST fun single task action in EGS for me is, well. Y'know, that's not an easy question to answer.
    Hmm. I'd say it's the need to put the bike in the toolbar everytime I get stuck in some lake/pit/cliff. And it happens... a lot.

Also, show some love for the bike, will you? :) Right now it's like riding a 50cc motorcycle from the 90s.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Rhyno

Rhyno Ensign

12 hour nighttime.

Given none of the lights work usefully, exploration of potentially hostile territory in night time is virtually impossible. Thus having to play in hour long increments is really annoying.

First rule of gaming. If it's not fun, don't do it. Nighttime adds nothing. Until the physics engine is more polished, and lighting is more functional (especially flares and spotlights), lower night time.

3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

None of the Lights...? Not even your Shoulder Light?

4. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I hate building the same thing over and over on large builds. For instance, when building a base, hangar, ship, etc I may have a certain theme or template that used for sections where I have to build it over and over. It would be nice to have modular building where we could select an area, copy, and paste it over and over wherever needed.

5. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

It might be a stretch but what if we could save our own selections as building blocks. Create our own mesh building blocks. For instance, I make some sort of pillar that is so many blocks wide and a few blocks high. I could outline the section and save it. Later when building I could select the presaved mesh like I would any other building block to add to my base, SV, CV or whatever it would fit with.

Tyrax Lightning and oojimaflip like this.
  6. frank walls

frank walls Commander

I agree with this. I have quite a few unfinished CV's because I got tired of duplicating the port or starboard side of the ship. Copying/pasting or saving sections somehow would be great. Even if it was just the basic structure that would make a big difference.

Oh, and maybe an option to color/texture every block the same color in one click. Would be a tremendous help for larger buildings and CVs.

7. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Losing speed in my ships when holding 'M' to look at the map. Drives me crazy!!

8. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

I'd say quitting the game when it's time to go to bed or go take care of business.
    I like the painting and texturing but it couldn't hurt to have the ability to select a number of blocks like a lasso select and a control click to add more and then texture and color the selection all together.

9. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

This please and not just for large builds. I would love to build a SV from modular parts, or upgrade an existing SV in the same way. I have already started building modular ship parts in hope that we will one day get a similar mechanic like that for modular bases (and because it's fun :)).

The ability to use this mechanic seamlessly in game is also needed.

10. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

but shouldn't that be part of the survival aspect of the game? If you're using up a resource, like fuel... someone stranded on a planet should think... what happens if I run out of this here fuel...? How will I get more? An experienced survivalist would know, but not a newbie.

11. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

I've had a gripe about this for ages. I made a suggestions for a ration dispenser back in November (http://empyriononline.com/threads/ration-dispensers-complete-the-base-survival-kit.8361/) for BA/CV that you just walk up to, activate and basically just refills your food bar. You have to keep it 'stocked' like we do with O2 stations (still quicker than consuming small O2 bottles) but its quicker than eatting manually and saves having to much loads of food from the menu.

My clan and I are still hoping that we'll get something like this eventually.

itdocman and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

Yes you can fill an O2 tank quickly, but I think it's the difference of filling a bottle versus eating. You can't eat and fill your whole stomach in one second.

Paul_Tamster and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

On the server I play on the starter pvp planet was pretty brutal. Had there not been three of us playing together and combining starter metals from our pods we would have never made it off that rock.

14. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Eating is way over the too. Having to eat 3 whole salami in one sitting would make it impossible to do anything for hours. 1/4 of a salami is even way too much. A few slices on a sandwich is enough to last me 4 to 6 hours irl.

15. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I agree. I think they should redo the food. The food should have a bar under the icon. With each consumption the bar would go down until it that food item was gone. Bigger food items would have more uses. It reminds me of dayz where you have to eat like 10 boxes of cereal and drink 15 beverages to get full.

Paul_Tamster and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I think the food recipes could be changed a bit as well. It's cool that we can make sandwiches and pizza, but who makes them? I think I've made two pizzas and put them in the fridge, but face it, we all live off of canned meat and veggies.

17. Evolvei

Evolvei Commander

Motorcycle instead of futuristic Hover board that can make it up mountains and I could pick plants while on Hover board.
    No take all key.
    Only 1 hot bar, need 2

18. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

how does that solve the quick food refill issue? If salami has 4 uses, what is the difference between gradually eating 1 salami and systematically eating 4?

I do agree that food needs an overhaul but more important stuff first.

so true

19. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I don't see food refill as an issue. One can of food refills half of your health. You have to do one action like every 30 minutes. I don't see one click every 30 minutes a problem. I think the food not filling you up instantly is more of a survival feature so players that don't have food feel like they are going to starve. OMG I found some food. That will hold me for a bit, but I have to find more or i'm going to die. Salami is the easiest thing to cook in the game. Why should it raise your food bar to full? You can make rations which you only have to eat one of to quickly fill your health. So I guess the issue is you don't want to have to make rations or take the time to gather the materials needed for them? A food dispenser would be cool, but I guess the issue is waiting a few seconds or clicking more than once.

20. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I think the game has too much food at the moment. Once you get a tomato plant your good.