What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

I make them. Pizza has 200 food, canned meat 170.

rainyday likes this.
  2. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Is anyone paying attention to the point of this thread? This is kind of amazing, do people even read? :eek::confused::mad:;)

3. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

LOL... it went beyond useful many many pages ago hahaha. ;)

itdocman, Fractalite and oojimaflip like this.
  4. agal59

agal59 Lieutenant

Least favorite activities..

- Preparing large areas of terrain to gracefully accept large base spawns.

- Repairing any structure that has missing blocks.

- Repairing BAs’. We have Repair Bays for flyable structures, nothing for Bases.

- Trying to figure out needed orientation of blocks to make them match adjacent blocks (both structurally and surface texture).

- Having to rush back to my BA when I’m notified of an attack. If I don’t then drones punch holes in it before my turrets finally decide (if at all) to shoot back.

- Trying to creatively landscape using only the present grid structure and limited library of foliage.

Exacute, Lhetre and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Windamere

Windamere Ensign

Yes yes yes to this...when you put something in the quickbar...make it stay! like destroyed blocks...so tired of having to open inventory to re-add blocks from inventory to blocks that's in my quickbar already.

6. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Yes, oh yes. The game should add anything you take to an existing stack in your personal inventory, even if it is on the quickbar.

Zedd and Exacute like this.
  7. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I've started playing some Ark recently, & i've taken notice they have an interesting Hotbar Coding... when ya put Items onto the Hotbar to deploy on the ground... say perhaps for example... a Campfire, ya then drop the Campfire down, then that Hotbar Slot retains a sorta 'Ghost Image' of the former Campfire. Should ya then make or pick up from Loot another Campfire, it auto-loads it onto this same Hotbar Slot. If ya run outta use for the 'Ghost Campfire Bookmark' or whatever this Feature is called, ya can then open your Inventory, single click this 'Bookmark', then it disappears. Or ya can simply drag a different Item onto this Hotbar Slot, like perhaps Standing Torches to go with that Campfire & that'll replace the 'Bookmark' with the new Item, then if ya use up all of that Item a 'Ghost Bookmark' of the Standing Torches is left there. This is also mighty handy with Consumable Weapons like Bolas.

Stuff like the damn MopedMotorcycle could SO use this kinda thing...

(WARNING!!! I am NOT recommending getting Ark. Turns out I can't even play it's damn SP Game on it cause the Ark Devs have the audacity to think they are only months away from Full Release yet they can't even get their damn WorldGen Code right & the damn game can't Generate a SP World that's not immediately Terminally Corrupt & unplayable no matter how hard it tries! :mad: If they do indeed Full Release in only a couple Months, I think they'll surely regret it...)

baddkarma74, Zedd, itdocman and 2 others like this.
  8. foster353

foster353 Ensign

I think the absolute thing I like the least is probably emptying the biological waste from my space suit...

Second from that I have a tie between filling my fuel tanks/warp drive and navigation inside a large small vessel while in space.

Both are a pain, but if I had to choose just one I would probably have to lean towards the navigation inside the small vessel. If we could have a small gravity generator that would give you a 15 block radius or maybe magnetic blocks or boots. I guess I could deal with constant filling up 30 large fuel tanks with ion packs. Just takes a lot of time to do that before I take off.

Zedd, ion_storm, itdocman and 3 others like this.
  9. Syrus

Syrus Captain

The worst thing in game is the point when you finnish your huge, expensive and armed to the teeth base only to realise nothing is ever going to attack it.

10. Timer

Timer Commander

Hold shift and right click. Deletes the block and the corresponding symmetry block.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  11. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Well, who's to blame for you being a megalomaniac who has a flying city monstrosity for one guy?:D

12. Lhetre

Lhetre Commander

You made me chuckle, and you have a solid point.

Tyrax Lightning and itdocman like this.
  13. panddshea

panddshea Lieutenant

This has probably been said already, but having to click and drag power cells out of O2, Hydrogen, and H2O generators back in to your inventory one at a time is frustrating. I don't understand why they don't have a 'transfer all' button.

14. ECubed

ECubed Commander

Heck, even shift-click would be nice.

15. Douglas ︻╦╤----

Douglas ︻╦╤---- Ensign

ONE Thing: Going around to fill stuff. Magnesium to cook, raw metals to refine, ingots to factory, etc. Basically what can be solved with conveyor system. Simply need more automation. Its fine for small base but for big ones its boring and repetitive.

16. MT Alex

MT Alex Ensign

Having to empty and trash uncountable thousands of large O2 bottles just to keep genetators producing hydrogen is more akin to torturous than tedious. I shift click the offending bottles from my inventory into large containers and, when they are full, I multitool them and let the contents fall into a deep hole below. At least that beats dragging them all into the trash slot. Good lord. It's an annoyingly slow process with 20+ generators.

17. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

As of the most recent 5.5, the green one (the old oxygen/hydrogen generator) only produces hydrogen now.

18. Wraithcat

Wraithcat Lieutenant

100% the case as far as I am concerned. I hate this aspect of the game.

Also, not being able to move items around in the queue. So after you've clicked your 5000 ore, you suddenly realise that you are short of ammo and have to stop them, queue up your ammo and then reclick all of those 5,000 bits of ore again.

And of course, it isn't only 5,000 bits of ore. Over the course of a few games it is hundreds of thousands, if not millions of them...

baddkarma74 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Hellion

Hellion Commander

would love to see this developed so that we have all extra contructors automatically activated when multiple templates are added to the queue. Say for instance you have queued 5k ores and need to make ammo. you queue up the ammo and your second constructor comes online and starts building the ammo. having to open each constructor blows ass, this idea is WAAAAAY better.

baddkarma74 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Pull up your H2/O2 Gen & it'll become the new H2 Gen, then plop it back down. ;)

MT Alex, itdocman and Hellion like this.