What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. baddkarma74

baddkarma74 Lieutenant

I would like to see smaller warp drives for capital vessels. Why would my very small CV need the same size warp drive as mammoth CVs? It makes creating small, nimble, utilitarian CVs very difficult. I have spent hours and hours trying to scale down my CVs and the biggest problem I run into is the massive warp drive. Can't we make the current drive a T2 and introduce a smaller T1 for small CVs? Maybe even a T3 for monster CVs? Maybe they are set by weight, and using an oversized warp drive for your vessel means you can jump farther or be more efficient with Pentax use?

2. Ranger

Ranger Rear Admiral

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS A THOUSAND MILLION ZILLION BAJILLION GIGGITYPOOPLEQUADRALILLION TIMES OVER, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD IN THE UNIVERSE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, ya know, +1

Yama, Ballard, Mulac and 2 others like this.
  3. baddkarma74

baddkarma74 Lieutenant

Maybe there can be a console block that is a master control for all the constructors attached to a structure? Unlockable at lvl 25 or 30? Also, make special supply crates that all constructors can automatically pull from? Kinda like how ammo automatically gets pulled from the ammo boxes? Unlockable at high level. Then we can have ingot boxes that feed any/all constructors.

malkintent likes this.
  4. Zargo

Zargo Ensign

Hello all! Pleasure to meet everyone! I'm the new guy on the block around here. Picked this game up yesterday and I'm already in love. It really is a great game so far and I can see the game only getting better. If anyone wants my current thoughts from a new guy I could make a post about such but I'll try to refrain from doing that here.

This isn't really a task so to speak but the main thing that is currently bothering me is confirmation of my shots landing. Bullet decals? I guess you could call it that. The word I'm looking for escapes me as I've not had much sleep cause this game sucked me right in when I first started it up. haha. Even if it was something simple like a blood spurt or a couple of sparks coming off the robotic enemies. Just a little something to confirm that my shots are landing would go a long way for immersion for me.

After I get some more time into the game I'll try to get back on here and post my thoughts in a write up. Really enjoying the game so far! So glad I just randomly happened upon this game browsing the steam store. I love the UI and the crafting by the way. I think it is very well done and in a survival crafting game those elements mean a lot and can really make or break a game like this for me. Can't wait to play it some more after I get some sleep. Hehe.

5. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

Drilling is the most unpleasant thing with the HV. It would be great to have the drills usable on SVs too. Carving out my massive underground base has been tough being that it is in some places 15 blocks high. The drill turret has been helpful but a SV mining ship would be better.

monktk likes this.
  6. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Least favorite task in game currently:

Picking my mouse up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over to turn my large CV 90 degrees (yes, I typed all of that....no copy paste).

7. Mulac

Mulac Commander

Well for me it has to be not being able to turn off lights when night vison is activated. In the past we did not have good lights for night time. So lights got put on everything. No we have night vision and those lights are now all bad.

It should cycle

1. lights on,
    2. lights off,
    3. night vision on,
    4. night vision off.

Right now it broken with

1.lights on
    2. night vision on
    3. everything off

Tools and guns having lights is very annoying as well now. As a result there is horrible glare on night vison in a some situations because lights will not stay off.

I also think Medical kits need checked. They sometimes don't seem add together correctly when used in the same screen. Best result is use one exit. Wait for effect. The go back in and use another one. It a medical kit gives me 50 points. Two should allways give 100 but apprently not sometimes.

ion_storm likes this.
  8. Nnorak

Nnorak Ensign

For me it is extremely slow process breaking down my large ships after they have been too badly beat up to figure out how to repair them.

9. leo1954au

leo1954au Commander

Waiting for daylight to come around is the least fun thing for me.

10. AndyK

AndyK Commander

Its so funny. So many of the things people hate I love. I love mining for ore. Its relaxing. I looooooovvvvve painting and texturing. I love picking plants on planets with lots of spiders. I don't think I''ve used the harvester for anything but mowing down dinosaurs.

Oh, I got one. Picking Pearthing fruit. You gotta aim more than other veggies.

Desus, ion_storm and rainyday like this.
  11. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I dont think there is any particular task i class as not fun or needs changing to any high degree.
    Everything is quick and easy to use for me.
    Oh, Holding the accelerator. that is rather annoying to think i can have cruise control in my golf gt tdi but not in my futuristic ship.
    That is classed as a single task action right ?

A thrust lock switch is needed ?

12. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

You can avoid that by using the arrow keys to turn the big turns ^^

Captain Jack II likes this.
  13. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

I respectfully disagree. I have my HV miner equipped with a drill turret on the back, so I have ultimate flexibility! I kinda enjoy the HV mining, digging down, using "O" ("X" on my set up) to adjust, and eventually leaving a wretched scar on the landscape that will taker ten thousand years to heal. We all find joy in our own ways....

14. Grunzer

Grunzer Ensign

Hi,
    while building and removing around in crative Mode, i have always a full inventory full of components form different blocks because i get them back like in survival. i think that is useless.
    Another Point is that POIs dosen´t spawn in Creative Mode

15. Kogami

Kogami Lieutenant

Least fun Activity: Leveling.

My Suggestion to make it more interesting would be to remove all levels entirely and start with the basic modules needed for each BA CV HV SV, and you have to fight your way through POI's to acquire technology documents as loot double clicking it unlocks it in the tech tree, and you can only use F2 factory blue prints if you have all the tech required already unlocked. Having those tech documents as tradable items would allow players who can't find a fresh poi the opportunity to still acquire the tech.

16. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Digging a new base out after spawning it. The box shows that little or even no part is below ground, but it spawns in half buried? Seriously, WTH is with that?

It's especially bad with large bases such as Pitch Black Hangar. THREE FREAKING HOURS!

Kogami likes this.
  17. Ravis

Ravis Captain

Using the arrow key setup and having to reach across the entire keyboard to use the shift and Ctrl keys.

18. r3d

r3d Lieutenant

turn off your front thruster

still maintain the least fun thing to do is repairing your ship block by block. there needs to be a mechanic that repairs your ship to however it was when it was 'insured'. it needs a cooldown, obviously, but this would encourage folks to engage in PvP and PvE a lot more often.

personally, taking damage for 3 seconds from a set of turrets is enough to force me to tediously repair my ship for the next hour.

19. TyGeR

TyGeR Ensign

Holding down a key to move/fly forward. add auto run to a keybind.

Picking up the motorcycle an it goes to my inventory and not my quick bar.

20. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Sorting my inventory.

Nedrith likes this.