Why do some turrets only work in space?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trini_Gamer, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Trini_Gamer

Trini_Gamer Member

IMHO it's a bit stupid. Instead they should just have limited range like the others. Artillery turrets should have an arc in-atmosphere.

I can see where they're coming from - they don't want people in OP ships shredding apart bases in seconds with mass amounts of turrets, but then again a good-defending base could defend if the rest of the turrets worked in atmosphere as well. I do hope they at least add a way to enable them in-atmosphere. If there already is please tell me how to do it!

Also what are your opinions on allowing things like laser turrets in-atmosphere? The aliens can do it - why can't we?

2. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

It's a game blance thing ---> PvP game, i assume.

In single player mode i don't see any point in these restrictions. Maybe (maybe!) when they have introduced energy shield systems, so that bases with heavy energy output can have a adequate defense, the devs might reconsider or rework the weapons mechanics.
    (But that's just pure speculation from my side.)

3. Trini_Gamer

Trini_Gamer Member

OK. Is there any current way to change a config file or something to enable them on SP?

4. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

Not that i know of.
    As always, if something affects PvP, it affects every ones game. :(

5. Scoob

Scoob Well-Known Member

While I find it odd, I get why the Devs want to limit some weapons to Space only...I guess. However, why turret weapons that don't work on a planet still track and attempt to fire at targets I don't know. That's got to waste resources with potentially many turrets all tracking and failing to fire on targets. Maybe such turrets should auto-disable in environments they cannot fire in.

Scoob.

Siege Inc. likes this.
  6. zztong

zztong Well-Known Member

It is a bit of a puzzler, but of course the game is still a work in progress and weapon capabilities and balance is bound to change.

But yes, why (from a technology standpoint) can't a battleship shred a base with a bunch of turrets if tiny HV armed with a single artillery piece can do it?

7. Booyaah

Booyaah Well-Known Member

Most ppl I hear think BA is way too weak compared to CV. In other games such as Rust/Ark a base is very tough and takes several hours to take down, not several minutes like in this game.