Working With The Moon Yaml To Create Planets

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Javarox87, Feb 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Im working on my next unique Moon for my Servers Homeworld planet. So far on the server I've been able to create desert, lava, and water moons... but I yet to succeed in adding critters (golems) or grass. Curious if anyone can't post some sample code for either critters or grass that would work on a moon (problem is lack of Biome).

*this said unique moon I'm yamling with a grassland with water and breathable atmosphere, as well as only civil settlements and talon Villages

Edit: Title and Purpose Change.
    -This project turned into something unique for me atleast. I created my first planet only using 1 Biome and changing "Moonstone" to "Temperate2b"

It is fully possible to give a moon an atmosphere, water, decent amount of plant life but the end result is limiting... using the moons simple yaml to create a simple planet is great for creating simple planets with a specific use/goal in mind.

In the comments below I've linked the yaml and a screenshot that is also available on the planet sharing thread.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

why not add a biome?

3. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Xango... this is exactly why I'm why posting this! I added "name" and "ID" to the moons single Biome. This hopefully will do the trick on that. The moon behaves differently when customized so crossing fingers.

4. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Harmony - 1 Biome, 1 Rescource, 1 POI besides trading post, as simple as it gets!

Feel free to modify this yaml to create simple planets by editing the deco, textures, or grass. Leave the deco values, grass values, slope values the same and it will render across the planet quite evenly.

Planet Co-Authors: Timotiagilmorious and River Tam (Destiny Admin Team)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  5. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Harmony is for SINGLE player only. A server version will be uploaded soon as it caused a major cache issue for some players on Destiny. (6gbs and higher)