Would this server style be played?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trini_Gamer, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Trini_Gamer

Trini_Gamer Member

PvP Survival, however, everyone is allowed access to the 'itemmenu' and 'finishbp' command, so it's just pure Industrial Warfare PvP. There's no need to set anything up, no value in losing bases etc, just pure PvP fun anarchy.

So would anyone play that style of server, of pure madness and harnessing Empyrion's amazing PvP Engine and style at the core of the server and skipping out all of the grinding that comes beforehand?

Hive and Captain Jack II like this.
  2. dtmullican

dtmullican Active Member

Definitely not my playstyle. I prefer cooperative PvE.

3. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Active Member

I do this sometimes on my own private server with my cousin. The thing is we just do it for sv battles then wipe the sector afterward. I wouldnt want some random player on my server spawning junk in all the playfields, so no i think it would be a huge headache for the server owner cleaning up unless they wipe the server a lot. If its that way, it kimda takes the fun out of the game and you are just giving yourself items every time you need something.

One thing i think the devs should allow for is for admins to allow their players a short list of the item menu, kinda like just the building blocks and nothing else. You never know bc that might be pretty fun but it kinda defeats the purpose of playing on a multiplayer server

4. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Well-Known Member

I don't play much PvP, but I would if, upon joining a server, I was allowed to bring in a BP of my choosing. Something I designed in creative mode. In other words, make it a skirmish mode or something, where as when I die, I get to pick another blueprint and play on. It's not so much survival as it is space fights all the time, which might be fun with player designed ships and bases and such.

Applejack and michaelhartman89 like this.
  5. Applejack

Applejack Member

As a skrimish will do, otherwise you simply won't be able to respawn near the combat and only annoying flies from pve playfield to a fight wait for you.

6. Trini_Gamer

Trini_Gamer Member

What if the server were to be wiped daily so people would just spawn in BP's again, but clear up lag? Also banning spammers

7. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Active Member

As a free for all server, that would be fun. However i would still have to make people moderators.

Empyrion would be really fun in this game mode if the combat was balanced
    like battlefield

8. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Member

I would use that server to combat-test some ship designs. But otherwise it would just get boring quickly.

9. zztong

zztong Well-Known Member

Sounds like a big smash-up derby. I could see where it might be popular for events, but also not where folks might hangout. Or maybe they would and it would be a series of smash-ups.