YOUTUBE COPYRIGHT CLAIMS **please share!**

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Hello everyone!

1. Main theme
    We know YouTube is sending copyright claims when they identify the main theme of Empyrion, because this is a licensed track and we can not prevent YouTube doing so. If you want to monetize your video, please tune down the main theme.

2. Ambient Sounds (like wind)
    We heard about claims that were issued because of some sounds in the game, like the wind.

IF YOU GET TO KNOW OF A COPYRIGHT CLAIMS as described in (2.) PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME via Mail or point the youtuber you are following/watching towards this thread or this email adress.

> [email protected]
    > subject: youtube copyright

Please spread the word, especially about #2!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,
    Christoph

2. markoredflag

markoredflag Commander

.YouTube claimed of me, the song of the birds, because there is a song called (Inca theme) that has birds singing.
    but it has nothing in common, this is absurd, I had to remove the song from the birds.

3. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Apart from the title music, the others are owned by the artist - there is a thread about this related to the playfields music tracks, but the trick is to turn off game music, for all recordings you make. Then you have no problem, cause the title music is fine.

Don't sweat it YT will always be playing fair, just don't do it again if you can help it.

Mobius and markoredflag like this.
  4. Mobius

Mobius Captain

Composer checking in..

The in-game music should be available for use in streams and youtube uploads. The title menu music was composed by Rich Douglas so it may not be the case for that, but the other tracks by myself should be fine. If people are still having issues with this, let me know!

KRanKO5, zaphodikus and Sofianinho like this.
  5. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

The contentID claim is not final. If it isn't their sound then you do not have to remove it. On the copyright claim page there is "file a dispute" and unless they are willing to take you to court in an actual real life lawsuit over it (which they will not if it really isn't their sounds) then they will have to release their claim.

6. MisadventuresVG

MisadventuresVG Lieutenant

Right for anyone else, for ESG version 1.1.7 I just got the following copyright claim... Nowhere by Mauro Crivelli (18 secs clip), I listened to the track, while there are certainly similarities, they are obviously different. I have disputed the claim and have provided a link to this thread making particular reference to the post by Mobius (post #4) as the rationale for my dispute.

Hope this helps others, however, if there is anything I should know, please do let me know before YT bans my behind.

Mobius likes this.
  7. Kružítko 77

Kružítko 77 Ensign

Hello, about 3 Live streams have canceled my monetization for Nowhere by Mauro Crivieli.
    It is said that it is a song for the film Shanda`s River.
    Is it true ?
    Nowhere - YouTube

8. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Just appeal it

Mobius likes this.
  9. Mobius

Mobius Captain

Hello!

It is not the track Nowhere for the film Shanda's River. If you are using the music from the game, the tracks that are featured in your livestream were all composed by me and are completely available for use in your streams and videos as long as they pertain to Empyrion. I will see if I can do anything to stop these sorts of claims from coming through.