1) Patch 1.5 ... AND WIPE AGAIN ????? :( ... 2) and Graphics

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bbk.3164, Jun 9, 2021.

1. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

1) Patch 1.5 ... AND WHAT - WIPE AGAIN ?????
    You PROMISED that since patch 1.4 WILL NOT BE A WIPE (!)
    ...... This is ETERNAL PAIN - to develop on the starting planet, to build a good ship with great difficulty, to make plans for the exploration of the galaxy ... AND WIPE AGAIN ........ Are you PAINING ???? ????
    Always hanging around on the starting planets - all players are TIRED, TIRED, ENOUGH (!)
    In such cases - IF you HAVE to do another wipe - then PLEASE - make it possible to RETURN ALL the player's PROPERTY (!) == >> ::
    You say that all player data is stored IN SEPARATE FILES that do not relate to the wipe, but there is a problem - you cannot return the player or the ship to the previous coordinates, since after the wipe the coordinates are new, and it is impossible to calculate the coordinates ...
    THEREFORE I PROPOSE A SUPER-USEFUL IDEA TO SOLVE THE QUESTION - "about the resurrection of players' buildings after a wipe":

So:
    + add to the starting location - SPACE near any starting planet,
    + when the player chooses a new starting planet, in the starting planet selection window add a "CHECK" (check-box) - start on a planet, or in orbit (?!)
    ++ IF the player chose - start in space - then his ship (with all the contents of the containers that he had BEFORE WIPE) - will appear next to the player, automatically (!),
    ++ IF the player chose - start on the planet, then after respawning - the player in the console (or in the chat window -> Server tab) must enter a NEW command => "get my old base here: id of the base that was BEFORE WIPE" (. .. the base appears as a phantom, as when creating from a blueprint)
    ... similarly for the ship = resurrection of the ship by the same command (new) => "get my old ship here: id"
    These commands should RESTORE ships / bases / contents of containers, since this data is SAVED IN A SEPARATE FILE (!)
    This method will FOREVERLY CLOSE THE QUESTION about the loss of lost ships / bases, and will solve the problem of binding the player to the coordinates of his location between the old and new patch (before wipe and after wipe)
    This will be your compensation for the new wipe, and it WILL BE HONEST to the players (!)
    And also will permanently eliminate the complaints of players about the next wipe in the new patch (!) (Smile)
    -------------------------------------------------- -
    2) Graphics - in patch 1.4 I noticed that my laptop, which is already 5.5 years old, no longer withstands even the minimum graphics settings - very often CRASH (!) === >>>>
    - when I open the FACTORY (F2) = crash
    - when I go to POI -> 75% chance of crash
    - when I open the food processor .... ALSO 50% CRASH .....
    - abrupt change of scenery - 75% crash .... :(

the whole patch 1.4, I always suffer from crashes :(:(:(:(:oops:

So I came up with - FOR WEAK COMPUTERS => PLEASE RETURN IN THE SETTINGS "OLD GRAPHICS" from patches 1,2 ... 1,3

This will allow NORMAL PLAY without frequent crashes (!)
    Well, powerful computers will enjoy maximum graphics ... EVERYONE - HIS OWN!
    Thank you

2. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Considering the latest facts - that on the OFFICIAL SERVER ELEON - VANILLA - in the PVP sectors = >> the option to LOAD "DEVICES" UNDER THE GROUND is disabled, I have additional thoughts:
    So - when the player, after a new patch (and after wiping) - first appears on the starting planet - to him, in the "Library" => IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE FOR CREATION -> all ships (with property) that were BEFORE WIPING, but the base -> disassembled on components that have been transferred to the FACTORY (!)
    (so that for these resources the player can immediately build a similar base to the one he had BEFORE WIPE)
    This method also COMPENSATES the base that the player had BEFORE WIPE (!)
    (Especially this method will be ACTUAL in PVP (!))

Thanks )))

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

1.5 did not require a wipe.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Some server owners could use fixed playfields for the starter planet, like a hub world that never changes, so when wipes occur all player's stuff could be placed back in the exact same locations after the wipe. If the problem arises because a new terrain is randomly generated and some bases/ ships would be placed in water or underground or floating mid-air, then a fixed terrain would solve this.

This would still require the server owner to keep precise track of all the stuff on the starter (fixed) playfield, and solve the possible problems related to old devices or blocks in some player ships/ bases.

Spoon and Germanicus like this.
  5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Referring to what you are stating about the rising demands on Graphical Abilities... I am with you entirely.
    On the other Hand...Your laptop, even if only 5+ Years old, must be in a bad shape when my 8 Year Old Laptop can manage mediocre/good Graphic performances. Oh, and the graphical requirements will not decrease in the Future. :(

6. boo

boo Commander

1- why not bring orbital stockage to official server, we already have orbital autominer ... so we can stock mats for the next wipe ...

7. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Commander

Germanicus likes this.
  8. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

AND WHAT ARE YOU SAYING ?!
    Then in your opinion - WHERE did all the data disappear from version 1.4 when switching to version 1.5 ?????????????

Or the server "JUST SO" offered me to start a NEW GAME ?????????

9. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

It's up to servers to decide whether to do a wipe or not. For the single player game, a wipe was not required unless you wanted all the new stuff.

10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

1.5 did not require a wipe. I don't know how many ways I can say it but yelling at me in caps isn't going to change the answer. 1.5 did not require a wipe.

11. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

So - the developers themselves initiated the wipe (?? !!!!)
    But at the same time it was PROMISED that there WILL NOT be any wiping (!)
    WHO TO BELIEVE ?????????????

12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

A Server Wipe - Initiated by ELEON - did only happen on THEIR EU/US-Servers and there it gets announced ALL THE TIME - for 1.5 -> https://empyriononline.com/threads/full-wipe-announcement-for-v1-5.97553/
    If you are playing on a Private, non-ELEON-owned Server kick your Server Admin in the Arse and don't blame anyone else here.

ravien_ff likes this.
  13. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Kassonnade and Germanicus like this.