1 Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]

Happy Birthday, Galactic Survivalists!

Only 12 months ago - on August 5, 2015 - we released the first public version of "Empyrion - Galactic Survival" on Steam. Since then, we have added many awesome features (dedicated servers, procedurally generated planets, solar system, factions, PvE, PvP, Steam workshop, structural integrity, tutorial, player progression, planet configuration, difficulty settings, marketplace and much more) and we have significantly improved the visuals of Empyrion.

Can’t remember, joined us in a later version or your memories are kind of blurry? Let’s take a quick tour: The first decorations (small plants and stones) got company by more and more diversified decorations, leading up to the introduction of grass and large trees & rocks, separating the previously empty planets into real landscapes with dense forests and vast open plains. The upcoming "Anniversary Update" will further improve the visuals and among others will add different terrain textures for the different areas & biomes!

As our community has grown in leaps and bounds in the meantime, not all of you will remember these early stages and how much the visuals have changed. So, let’s have a look together.

That’s how Akua looked like in the early days of pre-Alpha – compared to the Anniversary Version we will be releasing in a few days:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other visuals improved as well. Do you remember how water looked like? Or your first vessel back in the early days of pre-Alpha? We bet you do – and if not, well ...just look at these comparison screenshots.

Desert Planet Comparison:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Desert Planet 2 Comparison:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lava Planet Comparison:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Space Comparison
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ship Design Comparison:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of our goals has always been, to not only have loads of new features offering a great gameplay experience, but also that Empyrion should take place in a living and breathing world! Now, 365 days after the initial Steam release, the Anniversary Update (Alpha 3.0) is just around the corner and will do another step in that direction. Because the level of deco is already high on some of the planets, these changes might have become more subtle by now, compared to the comparison we did above. Nevertheless, new plants, new trees increasing the diversity and forest density, deco particles, herds and more will add new and important ambient and functional elements to our idea of a Living World.

But what about the other big features? Mining updates, balancing of weapons and vessels, radar, shields, large planets, new devices and all the other things you are waiting for? Of course we did NOT forget about all the cool toys that will make you happy. Some of those just need a lot of preparation and careful consideration. While working on the Anniversary Update, we already tracked down some technical hurdles and created milestone concepts for upcoming big features – planned for Autumn 2016.
    Want to know more? Keep your eyes and ears open in the upcoming weeks!

Yours

Empyrion Dev Team

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Thane, Gordholm, Vitriks and 30 others like this.
  2. Groza

Groza Commander

Congratulations! Поздравляем вас, ребята!

And i'm still on the old ship...
    20160712010624_1.jpg

3. huntercrom

huntercrom Lieutenant

This update looks AWESOME! Happy Birthday Empyrion!

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
    Happy Birthday. This has been one amazing ride so far and hope to be part of it for many birthdays to come.

5. Chief 117

Chief 117 Lieutenant

I played Empyrion since its first version, they have been gone a long way, and there is still much to do, but what you have done is truly a masterpiece, keep it up devs. But a question... The motorbike is included in the escape pod? I want it :D

6. Ramsis

Ramsis Ensign

Just as long as the dev team remembers how badly everyone wants vehicle assistance for harvesting resources or automation for harvesting resources things will be fine. Happy Anniversary.

I question the need for a painfully obvious motorbike though... why not just introduce wheels so we can build our own early stage vehicle?

7. Sylvado

Sylvado Ensign

Well you certainly know how to end a teaser.

8. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Happy Birthday indeed, and wheels and motorbikes for toys?

Outstanding.....

9. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

I like the early Omicron it felt more like a far away barren planet. Kinda like Mars looks. A load noisy motorbike in the 24th century. Must be a barn find. Congrats on your 1 year release on Steam. But we know the game is at least 2 years old.

10. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

Happy anniversary
    Any news on the fishnet boarders and the planets getting proper design?

11. 4D4MSKI

4D4MSKI Ensign

as always nothing but good news from the devs oo and happy b-day love playing the game motorbikes cant wait lol role on 3.0

12. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Thanks for reminding me how far the game has come. It's tough to keep the perspective in early access games. Especially when the early access game is better than most of the games in my steam library already.

13. Patwar

Patwar Commander

Happy birthday !

This is mine. Enjoy :

[​IMG]

14. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Wheres the cake !

Well done Eleon Games Studio.

Best game ever !

15. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

Well the update looks pretty neat, I'll give it that. But I'm not going to get overhyped by the new collectibles or cosmetic changes. IMHO these could have waited for another release, I'd rather some sort of balancing for the SV/CV issue.

The big ones for me were the enemies travelling in packs (should up the difficulty on otherwise dissappointing combat encounters that are barely a challenge even early game), and the (dirt?)bike (which I hope moves fast enough to evade salvo's from POI's). We could really use a nimble recon vehicle - especially early game.

All the same, the update looks pretty good, I'm happy with the state and direction of the game (even if I drop some constructive criticism from time to time lol). Keep up the good work devs! :D

16. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

That might be the tip of the Iceberg. We might be getting Wheels along with it as well, & who knows? Maybe Treads too! Maybe even Spiky Treads for Driving up Steep Cliffs/Mountains that Hover Engines might choke on! & maybe that can also double as Landing Pads to (Magnetically?) Anchor the Hover War Tank to the CV Hangar Floor! :D

Oops, maybe my Thoughts are getting a bit wild... but in a game like this, the possibilities can get real. :)

Also, it'd be fun to be able to ride a Dino Mount & have him so well trained I could ride him in & have him jump kick a foe off their Motorbike! :cool:

There is precedent for Spacefarers sometimes liking 'Old Antiquated Vehicles' as a Hobby... a certain Lieutenant on Star Trek: Voyager comes to mind for example... & wasn't there a Motorbike Lover on the old show Babylon 5?

I personally wish Empyrion HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ^_^

17. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Yes. We also added it as a "emergency transport vehicle" ;-)

18. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Mining -> we haven't forgotten about this
    Bike vs. Wheels -> adding wheels is a big task as it needs a completely new mechanic. Maybe we'll add those one day.

Natoteorenzo and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Do you also count in the "making phase" in your birthday :p

Yes, Omicon has evolved from a dirt rock to a planet. But we don't need a set of "empty moons", right? :D

20. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Yes -> we have a few plans how to take on that (Removing the borders). We'll what we can do and what is doable ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.