4 missions for Polaris and my reputation is still neutral, meaning I can't proceed with the 5th

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by JDub, Jun 29, 2020.

1. JDub

JDub Ensign

Done:

Story - Totally OP
    Story - Uncertain Outcomes
    Privacy Matters
    Wildlife Cam

Rep: 2772

You'd think after saving a brewery from a horde of Zyrax they'd at least be Friendly :mad:. Seriously, that was not an easy fight. Uncertain Outcomes wasn't easy either.

Rep points for the two story missions are seriously off.

2. Trump

Trump Commander

You can do wildlife cam twice and be friendly. It is repeatable after an hour.

Fractalite likes this.
  3. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

You can also go kill spiders and dinos they count towards your rep if you kill them in the Pol rep zone.
    I can understand what your saying though you would think that would be enough to get you to at least friend status.
    But then I sort of think of them as Ferengi and nothing comes cheep with them:D

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Even discounting the missions, your rep is lower that you have at start. Did you loot/harvest/mine in Polaris territory? Injure or kill Polaris NPC's? Camp out and or spawn base/vessels in their territory?

When you hover or click on the rep, the right panel will show you what boosts/detracts from rep for the faction

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

At the bottom of the PDA screen for missions there should be a button for "Activate mission." For a brief window during A12 experimental you were forced to get a certain rep, but it should now be possible to just activate them period? Are you up to date with the versions?

6. Samoja

Samoja Commander

Really? I never saw them as such, Ferengi are caricatures, for some reason i always read everything from polaris in Salarian voice, but maybe that's because of the way old refinery mission was written, where they sign you up before you have time to say no.

7. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

It's this quest they have you do looking for ore that makes me think of them as Ferengi and they seem more interested in profit over the health of animals when you read it at least to me. :)

From the quest;
    But we are afraid we need to invest more time in the well-being of the creatures of this planet - especially around ore deposits. Some minerals seem to affect the wildlife and we do not have prospectors .. I mean, skilled explorers at hand.
    Your bearing shows you are a skilled explorer.
    So may we ask you for another favor and scout a few ore deposits - only for checking the living conditions of the native animals, of course.

8. Samoja

Samoja Commander

Well i mean of course they would prioritize profit over some vague possible consequence to a few animals on a planet they don't even live on, ecology tends to be much less pressing when you can just leave and settle on another equally nice planet. Reason why i don't see them as Ferengi like(which really are gross caricatures, and even writers of the show recognized it, they were so wildly over the top nobody took them seriously) is the fact they are so chummy with the Talon, i mean what possible use could Polaris have from a group of techno primitivists who seem intent on shunning all technology above spears, not like they have some hidden cache of high tech they could trade with Polaris, else they would surely break it out when you piss them off, but their response is to basically drown you in a human(well alien) wave attack. So if Polaris are so protective of Talon even tho there is no way it would benefit them apart from maybe getting a premium price on some agricultural products it surely shows they are not singlemindedly focused on maximizing profit like Ferengi are.

9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Polaris was originally created by the player Rainyday with the the idea of fabricating an intensely unpleasant corporate entity like the one found in the movie Aliens. Weyland corp. I believe? Hence the Illmarinen mission. Polaris is lunatic enough to try to weaponize things/entities/aspects of the universe that it should not. :)

10. Samoja

Samoja Commander

Really, well i guess when contrasted against outright hostility of Zirax everyone looks nice.

11. Captain Howdy

Captain Howdy Ensign

I remember reading a little about this when checking out the huge mining ship on the WS and other places on the web. Obviously a super powerful and greedy corporate entity is a wonderful addition to most sci fi games for wonderful story arcs...........but in game Polaris does not really "feel" very Weyland corp. They feel more like Cosmic Costco or Pulsar Publix lmao. Now I think there is a need for a Warp Drive Wal Mart.......lol......but perhaps some of the missions could be re written to make it feel more ? menacing and malevolent? than it is? Even with some of the missions in game already that point to a shady mega conglomerate.....they still kind of feel too "bright and cheerful" to hit the Weyland Corp mark for me. I like Polaris as is.....but I would like more of what Rainyday's original ideas were to translate into horrifying and terrible experiences in game I guess lmao. I love space horror.