6.0.9 farming

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Crewsk8200, May 4, 2017.

1. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

btw farming do only work on temperate planets. No more 0g farms (with and without o2 and all that supposed to be cool features THAT DO NOT WORK) no more farm in CV (plants die very often without valid reason) farming is no fun anymore. please stop the massacre YOU ARE KILLING YOUR GAME. And i dont even mention those "lagshots" that go trough blocks as if they didnt existed, ect.. oops mentioned it..

2. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Plants dying in secure conditions is obviously a bug, there's a bug section that I'm sure you've posted your problem. Its not killing the game, its making sure features work before the actual public release. This is the experimental branch after all.

Lagshots have been an issue and I'm sure Eleon is fully aware of the problem. But it has nothing to do with farming.

3. Crewsk8200

Crewsk8200 Lieutenant

Because this is alpha. There will be bugs, there will be features added. It's what you paid for to help them build the game. Things will even out but it takes time and patience. The devs are doing a great job and getting a lot done already.

4. Gobarg

Gobarg Commander

One of the reasons that bugs aren't fixed so quickly in this early alpha stage is that with adding so much content you can't be sure that a fix in one area won't completely break the game. As long as the bug isn't a game breaker it's likely to stay there until they near feature complete status.

This game is that good the bugs aren't really that noticeable in the long run. Even if they are annoying it's still an easy thing to restart or reset the server or even just laugh and live with it.

I recently took my SV out of our cv and found my SV had six new turrets and handled like a brick. It had somehow acquired all of the cv guns and most of its weight. Had to laugh at that.

Crewsk8200 likes this.
  5. Sny

Sny Lieutenant

Have another fun one I'm trying to turn into a useful bug report...

Had an established 9x9 garden working well for some time.
    Base ran out of fuel... instantly killed everything in the garden. Known issue.
    Refueled base, removed dead plants, replaced with fresh new sprouts.
    Plants wouldn't grow. Nothing on the base had changed, O2 was good, no radiation storms or anything.
    Multitooled the sprouts and they all said their proper sprout names... but when removed, they appeared in inventory as dead plants.
    Replaced with fresh new sprouts.
    These ones grew to maturity. Ok, so, something odd with the last batch... can't reproduce this one.
    Harvested fully grown plants and instead of going back to sprouts, they went back to being dead plants.
    So now every time I plant something, it grows, and then dies once picked.

This one is going to be a real pain to write a decent bug report on.

6. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

That's intended.
    From part 4 release "- Fixed: Removing plants with MT gives back DUMMY BLOCK (now removing sprouts gives you rotten sprout)"

I think there is a couple sprouts that can still be picked up as sprouts, but the majority die when picked back up.

7. Gobarg

Gobarg Commander

I think he means just harvesting the plants mate. Not using the MT.

8. krazzykid2006

Seeing as just before that they said "Multitooled the sprouts and they all said their proper sprout names... but when removed, they appeared in inventory as dead plants. Replaced with fresh new sprouts."

I was understanding it to mean they were removing the plants from the plots. If they are instead just picking the fruit/veggies then we have a new problem.

9. Sny

Sny Lieutenant

That's correct.

So when multi-tooling a sprout you're not supposed to get sprouts back anymore? So no more transplanting?

Yet another change that makes no sense and no one asked for? Or just a bug'd bugfix? :)

10. krazzykid2006

At this point in time, correct, you are intended to get rotten sprouts back. No more transplanting.

I assume the idea is that we now need to harvest the crop first and turn it into sprouts in the food processor.
    Once they iron the bugs out in the new farming additions I don't see this being a problem at all, personally.

Now they just need to give us something to do with the rotten sprouts. They serve no purpose and the sprouts may as well just disappear when multi-tooled.

11. Sny

Sny Lieutenant

Yeah I get it.

The other insta-death issues will get some kind of resolution eventually.

I get the no-transplants thing. Consumption of resources (sprouts in this case) is a good thing. Before you'd have hundreds of them and not care at all about losing any. Now you have to plan ahead to move things...

Well, and currently, you need to plan ahead to repair your CV or make any kind of changes to the hull and so on.

Of course then there's the bug which turns off the CV your SV is docked to instead of powering up the SV when you're in the cockpit.

My wife's garden is the source of many bug reports :)

12. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Question to those who have "suddenly dying plants"

- Multiplayer?
    - Did you have problems with the dying plants did not seem to grow?
    - CV or BA?
    - For BA > did you notice the dead plants after a reconnect (maybe a serverupdate or restart in between) or did they turn to dead plants after some playtime in the same session?

13. Gobarg

Gobarg Commander

Oops. I've read that all wrong mate. My apologies
    I'll just go back and sit in the corner

14. Sny

Sny Lieutenant

Multiplayer (Unknown Skies MP)
    After my previous debacle with dying plants (due to running out of fuel) I could not get them to grow right. I cleared them all out, planted 9 aloe and they wouldn't grow.
    This was in a base.
    They turned into dead plants while still connected. (BA)

I'm planning on removing the dead plants again and replacing them with 9 different sprouts to see what happens this time.

15. Shivan

Shivan Lieutenant

Ive had a lot of random dead plants lately with my "farming" cv on MP, plants seems to die randomly when modifing the structure of the cv outside of Akua, for example. Its like they run out of oxigen for a second and bam, dead. (whiout breaking air tight).

Them ive had lots of problems with replanting and turning out dead after that for no aparent reason, when the plants were growing the first time.

Another time on my CV it happen to me that on the way out of a planet, i used the space bar to go up, since i have more trusters down, i can get out faster. My "o2" icon flashed on/off several times, them i went to check on the plants and they were all dead.

And finally after that rought start i managed to get on going for a while, but since i logged on today my plants are not growing anymore after a 2 hour run, they are not dying either.

16. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    @all > please retry and observe with the RC1. We might have fixe the issue causing this to happen. if NOT, please upload your savegame somewhere and add a link to your bug report. This is something we need to investigat "in situ" .. so not possbile without having a proper savegame.

Thx!

17. masterbolo

masterbolo Ensign

Can we plzzzzzzzzz go back to farming like we used to?...no matter what we do..they keep dieing...sometimes 1 row dies...then hour later all died...and if its 3 plots ,then its easy to replace..but if were at 100 to 200 plots to keep a faction alive...it takes days to replace...if they dont die again

18. Shivan

Shivan Lieutenant

We definately need some visual indication of what is going on BEFORE the plants die, first off, exposing plants to vacum and some extreme temperatures/whather should kill them inmmidiatelly, OK, but the lack of oxigen should not, you need to give some warning, change the color, give them another state, something.
    Same for radiation, give us some heads up before killing off everything, unless is absolutelly extreme.

Also this system is pointless in the current state, give us temperature, humidity, air and radiation control, and place those stats on the plants, so X plants whould need X enviroment to grown, in this way we can have different green houses with different settings to grown different plants.

Also, plants native to a planet should always be able to grown outside.
    Example, Space Oranges, it growns whiout extra oxigen on Omicron, players needs to add oxigen and growing light... why? it shouldt.

I think you guys are working towards something like that, but in the current state it really dosent add much to the game.

rainyday likes this.
  19. Zor_The_Cruel

Zor_The_Cruel Commander

what i find annoying is that if the base is not airtight for only 1 or 2 seconds, you will have plants in grow plots die. I have to double-layer the floor to prevent this when placing additional grow plots in survival games and it is really annoying. (and it is just solid rock underneath, it isnt being open to space or radiation fog or anything.)

rainyday likes this.