A bug? Even in the ground, base still got red integrity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by van.eon, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:15 AM.

1. van.eon

van.eon Lieutenant

2. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

Ya it's a bug. That happens frequently. Structural Integrity system needs work.

3. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Turn off si, turn on god mode, then add a bunch of blocks underground and you should see it turn green. then turn si back on.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  4. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

I had something like this in Creative few times with some old BPs, and basically I did what @Christianholmes said - and then saved BP again in current version, destroyed one in game with command and spawned again newly saved version - all green, good & strong :)

- never had this full-red version, looks like it is 'space-ship' :D

5. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Captain

I didn't know that. Thank you!

6. rucky

rucky Captain

I usually get this when I sometimes inbetween had switches SI off.
    The next Game session all is red.
    I've killed two bases in Creative this way.

Best practise : Build in SI off ALWAYS.
    When you're finished, blueprint it, then start a new Test-Save (SI should be on then), spawn your Base, eventually moving it down until all 4 corners hit the ground (PgDn-Key) and then place. Then anything should be fine and you see REAL SI problems if any.

Space Beagle likes this.
  7. van.eon

van.eon Lieutenant

But it's in MP. The base is modular, the red and green ones are actually of one BA. I placed the base too deep and had to dig out some of them, but resulting that some of the modular units turned full-red, and collapsed entirely when I made a change to them. Thats when I checked SI, and found that half of the units turned full-red and even the units still in the ground had full-red integrity.

And I believe that the base was all green before I started digging, and every unit def touched the ground after I finished digging and flattening the ground, because the ground was fattened to the same level. No way only some of the units turned red, and No way full-red. Anyway, I couldn't possibly clear all ground underneath the structures, you can see the distant landing pad with none-full-green SI which is the normal case.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017 at 2:54 AM
  8. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

I see. Could be a bug them. You could try to refill in the ground. Once you do that remove a block (on top) and it will refactor SI.