Help needed A few questions regarding configs

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by akimzav, Apr 17, 2022.

1. akimzav

akimzav Lieutenant

Without further ado,
    1. Is there a way to add bullet spread to a 'LauncherSS' weapon?
    2. Is there a way to add bullet drop due to gravity?
    3. Is the 'BulletsPerShot' property not used for a 'LauncherSS' weapon?
    4. Is there a way to make an 'Entity' (EClassConfig.ecf) to have a 'material' for damage adjustment purposes, similarly to a 'Block'?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

1: no.
    2: no, but it can be done with projectile (launcher type weapons).
    3: it doesn't work at all on anything. My mistake, I misread. This only works on ranged (hit scan) weapons.
    4: yes, and then you can reference that material in your weapons.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  3. akimzav

akimzav Lieutenant

Thank you for your reply!
    Could you please give a hint on a way to implement (2) and (4) correctly?
    Which property does govern the gravity in 'Projectile'?
    And which property should one add to an 'Entity' to state its damage material?

Also, could you please elaborate on how is Shotgun functioning? In vanilla ItemConfig, it states 'BulletsPerShot=8'... However, you say that it is not working? Does Shotgun not produce 8 hitscans?
    And if not, is it possible to fire more than one bullet from a weapon, be it a 'Projectile' from a 'LauncherSS' Item or a hitscan from a 'Ranged' Item?

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Sorry I misread. BulletsPerShot does work on ranged (hit scan) only and controls how many pellets are fired from shotgun like weapons. I was thinking of a different property that controls how much ammo is used per shot, and that one doesn't work.

For gravity you add Ballistic: true to the child properties of the ammo (see LargeRocketMS).

5. akimzav

akimzav Lieutenant

Thank you for the explanation!

That is unfortunate.

I see. I'm guessing the projectile acceleration is hard-linked to the gravity, and is in no way affected by the atmospheric density? Is it possible to tune this ballistic model somehow?

Speaking of atmospheric density: I noticed that some Items, like the 'RailgunSSWeapon', have both 'Range' and 'RangeSpace' properties defined, others, like Pistol -- do not. In practice this means that the 'Range' property, in absence of 'RangeSpace', defines maximum range of a weapon, and its in-atmosphere range will be Range/2.
    My question is: how does 'Projectile' behave? Does it's Range behave in a same manner, in case RangeSpace is not set?