Feedback Required A question-proposal for a developer on BA in PVP space.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CyberMech, Jun 4, 2021.

1. CyberMech

CyberMech Commander

I want to ask just one question and I want the developer to answer it first of all to himself, it is not necessary to answer here. And other players, unless of course someone else remained from PVP players on this forum, wrote their thoughts on this matter.
    The question is, even I would call it a math problem:
    1. I want to play the original game on the server (official config or any other with non-raped for game config).
    2. I want to build a base in space in the PVP sector and protect it from the attacks of other players. To do this, I am building a huge spaceport with an expanded core of size 10.50+ and building 8 space urchins around it.
    3. How to protect such a base if:
    a) Turrets BA missile turrets (the others are simply of little use) have a range of 1.15 kilometers while the range of CV missile turrets = 1 kilometer. We add here that the ship will shoot by artillery, including plasma artillery. BA is immobile and cannot dodge shots, unlike CV.
    b) The difference in the capacity of the BA and CV shields = 14k and is simply not significant even if such a base is attacked by a swarm of small CVs that do not fall apart in the air only thanks to the shield and replace each other to recharge their shields.
    c) The force of the explosion of the BA missiles is negligible more than the explosion force of the CV missiles, 5800 for BA versus 5400 for CV.

The proposal and solution of this problem itself suggests itself from the conditions of the problem:
    1. The range of fire of a BA should be substantially greater than that of a CV, I think a minimum of 1500 miter for a BA.
    2. The capacity of the BA shields should be significantly greater than the CV capacity, I think around 100k.
    3. BA damage must be significantly higher than CV and = from 8-10k.
    Of course, these are approximate values, but one thing is clear - that under current conditions no one will continue to build BA in PVP sectors of space for the above reason, with rare exceptions or for not understanding the basics of the game and its mechanics.
    4. The CPU limit for BA is completely unsuitable even for PVE due to the fact that a lot of blocks, container expanders, at least 8 production processors, 2 furnaces and 2 deconstructors, a dozen storage facilities of 320k each + a full set of turrets will not allow building a base without an extended core. But this is a base for only 2 people ... Yes, and you yourself will, and you probably see how people fill the servers with a bunch of rubbish from many small and useless bases or CV modules acting as BA, thereby reducing the performance of servers as they say "out of the blue "just cluttering the playing fields. But it is enough to build 1 BA with a normal core and a limit of 3-5 million, allow for this BA to build several repair blocks (for example, from 2 to 4) to repair small ships, and now BA has become a home for the clan, and not a bunch of shelters for homeless people.

dio_camelot10 likes this.