A quick starter how survive Masperon on hard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christianholmes, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Masperon looks and sounds scary. But it's not really dangerous. The only threats are Swamp Golems, Spiders, and drones.

But the biggest threat is lack of resources. There is one edible plant. There is no fiber or seaweed. You cannot make health kits or bandages.

There is no guarantee you survive every time.

When you first crash, get to somewhere safe up high and start your emergency CO2 generator. Only put one fuel pack in- do not pick it up until the fuel runs out or you waste a fuel pack. Now start looking for ore. Get 100 promethium, iron and magnesium, so you'll have a fighting change. When you get far enough that you're running out of oxygen get back. Kill the blob guys, and turn them into salami. It doesn't spoil as quickly as other meats.

Now- ONLY mine about 50 copper, silicon, and cobalt each. Just enough so you can build an assault rifle once you hit level 3 and all the ammo you can. Try to avoid any and all damage- there's only a few ways to heal- find health packs, or find a med bay. Only one of the POIs has a med bay.

Then, once you have 25 or so oxygen bottles, run all the top of the mountains looking for POIs. There are a lot, and there is a ton of loot. Don't hoard though, take what you need- like a core, health packs, pills, ammo, drill charges, etc. If you can do this long enough, you should be able to take over one of the bases, and be able to build a small SV. Put a minigun on it and hunt some drones, then fly to ore deposits and drill. You eventually ge able to build a small CV and get off the planet. Which was always my goal since it's so damn creepy.

2. Parakiet

Parakiet Commander

Thnx for actually writing this down instead of creating a YouTube vid.

3. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

You're welcome. I hate listening to people ramble on in YouTube videos.

freehotdawgs and Parakiet like this.
  4. Lonnehart

Lonnehart Commander

I kinda wonder now... What would that planet be like if there was a "nightmare" mode? :)

5. PhiPhi

PhiPhi Commander

Masperon totally creeps me out with all the weird wildlife noises but sounds like a challenging start that I'd like to try, thanks for the tips.

6. raruri

raruri Ensign

Has anyone found a reliable source of Sathium when starting on the new Masperon?

7. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

There is none. The moon, which is the old Masperon, just has zascosium and promethium. So you'll have to loot it, or warp somewhere else.

8. ECubed

ECubed Commander

That is the problem. Flux coils take sathium. You need them to build a warp-enabled CV. New players on servers will be screwed if it is looted dry.

Mercestes likes this.
  9. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Captain

Nice piece of work! Well written and concise. The occasional Hard start not on Akua , even though it usually ends badly, sharpens up my game.

10. Mercestes

Mercestes Guest

Clearly, Eleon doesn't have the time to test, or even think, about day 3 on a multiplayer server!!! They are far too busy churning out amazing updates.

11. Lonnehart

Lonnehart Commander

So how do we respond to the "hardcore" player who states that only kids and wimps start out on Akua and Omicron?

12. Mercestes

Mercestes Guest

Personally, I'd join early, start on Akua, rush a CV, fly to Masperon, loot out ALL the POIs, then fly back to Akua and retire. Put Sathium up on the market for like 9999 a pop.

13. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Like an adult: ignore them and enjoy the game however YOU want to enjoy it. Who cares what self-proclaimed "hardcore" players think?

14. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Laugh at them and mock them.

DS_Marine, binhthuy71 and Fractalite like this.
  15. Lonnehart

Lonnehart Commander

I could go with that. I'd also ask them if they have a base on Masperon, how big it is, and if I can tour it. Chances are they'll somehow deflect the question...

Attempted Masperon myself on HARD mode. Not going to go through that pain again 'til I've got a little more Empyrion experience under my belt. X_X

16. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

They're doing it wrong. Sure, it's hard- but the planet is pretty sparse and barren. It's not fun. But it's a new challenge. I will continue starting on Omicron since I LOVE building my bases in those orange groves. Feels like the old west. I also like Akua. Although it's very easy, even on hard after 800 hours lol

TL;DR If you don't like Masperon, don't feel bad- the planet sucks, but it's a new challenge.

17. Mercestes

Mercestes Guest

Quite honestly, I *literally* like starting on Akua simply because Masperon and Omicron are depressing. I feel **HAPPY** when I look at Akua, the blue sky, the lush trees, the bright lights, the somewhat flat land that a motorcycle actually works on. I drop down on the planet, crawl out of my pod, look around, breath in the rich, stale, bad breath air...

wait a minute

U

Breathe in the crisp, sweet, fragrant air of Akua and just sigh with relief.

Akua should be the end game planet...that paradise we all want to get to and build a base on eventually. Honestly, I see no reason to leave my hotter, younger, more exciting Earth.

Moonsugar and binhthuy71 like this.
  18. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

Me on other hand, I like barren wasteland type scenery. It can still be interesting to look at if done right.

19. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Lieutenant

Your emergency pod always spawn on morning daytime of the planet. You have the daytime to build a minimal base. At night, put some kind of boss mob that if he detects you it will summon large number of minions to take care of you (a number so you can't face them with just your hand weapons). You need to have a good sv/hv or retreat to your base for help/lock down inside .D
    hm...could work.