A10 changes - my take

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Gary Parkin, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

I'm coming back to EGS after a few months off, and Alpha 10 shows up. It's nice to see they are still working hard on this.
    There are some things broken and some things my friend and I really like.

Don't go near the water. The little water critters are very cool. I love em. Their animation is pretty neat too.

I was setting out water collectors and saw one come out of the water and thought how cute. They used to not bother you. This one came up and attacked me. I emptied my gun into it and it took a lot to kill it. About that time I hear my buddy on Steam chat scream and say something just killed him near the water while he was working on the dock. rofl.

I truly love the new drill settings. Dev's, I think you did a nice job. I like making huge underground bases and the new drill really rocks, imho. I hated having to spend 3 real days drilling.

The flatten works nicely but could be switched with the fine mode.
    I think the fine drill mode could be adjusted a bit stronger. just a pinch. Just a suggestion, it would be neat if the fine mode was a switch instead of a mode, so it could apply to flattening and drilling.

I haven't tried digging with the hover yet because it used to be clunky but I see it has an overhaul so possibly tonight.

Sephrajin likes this.