Fixed A10 clear visibility in water [06353]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Pach, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 953893
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow (added more than default planets)

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Graphics

Summary: A10 It's possible to have completely clear visibility near the surface of water

Description: I reported this in an older version of EGS, but it wasn't so easy to reproduce. It's now incredibly easy to get this effect, every single time you are in the water. You can swim just at/under the surface, and have very, very clear visibility to everything below, making it trivial to find underwater resources.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Go in any body of water, and swim on the surface.
    2. Tap C (down) until you just barely in the water, and can see partially underwater, and partially above. Alternatively, swim completely underwater, and surface, removing finger off spacebar the moment you break surface. You "bounce" into the state very often, and a slight tap of C will get the underwater view over almost your entire screen.
    3. See attached video.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: ( Note: for more complex reproduction usecases that require quite some "setup", please create a savegame and upload it to a service. Add the download link right here. Thanks in advance for saving us time to adress your issue! :)

Video link (see notes below before watching):

Notes:
    This video reports 2 issues; the other report (unpickable plasmas) already reported.

Time stamps for the water viewing issue:
    EDIT: very start of video
    0:25 to 0:40
    2:40 to 2:45
    3:00 to 3:40
    (done several times in succession)
    3:55 to 4:00
    4:30 to 5:00

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Germanicus likes this.
  2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Filed

3. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Fixed in NEXT Update, Please Test

Pach and Supay like this.
  4. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Much better! It's still there, but it's now much harder to trigger, and it's very hard to get your whole screen clear. I was trying to trigger it in the linked video, and it was nowhere near as easy to do.

It still can happen, and be exploited, but it's not happening every time I surface like it was before (and I can't make it happen almost every time like it was, and I was really trying to get it in the video).

Link to video:

BONUS:
    I noticed the changes to the water generator at the end of the video, and express an opinion. :)

5. Beasthammer

Beasthammer Commander

Severity: Minor

repro: go dive in the water, use hands turn off the jet pack, and hit space the needed times and voila.

By the way if jet pack is on u cant make this bug work.

Attached Files:

6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Known

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.