Fixed A10 Looking down in 1st person targets self [7754]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Pach, May 16, 2019.

1. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

NOTE: This was reported in a previous version, and I looked all over and couldn't find the thread! Just posting to let you know... it's still happening (with video and savegame).

Mode: Survival

Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 953893
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow (added more than default planets)

Reproducibility: Unknown
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Targetting

Summary: A10 Looking down in 1st person targets self

Description: I started seeing my red health bar when looking down in first person. I have no idea what triggers this, or if it is reproducable. The attached save file was made right before the video (I created the save, then hit video record), so I don't know if it will reproduce for you...

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Unknown? (I usually try to populate this, but I have absolutely no idea what triggered it :( )

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: ( Note: for more complex reproduction usecases that require quite some "setup", please create a savegame and upload it to a service. Add the download link right here. Thanks in advance for saving us time to adress your issue! :)

Save file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/152A2X7dEi5n9Pi2wUTmEKPrT5tq6r5Z9/view?usp=sharing

Video link (shows multiple appearances, and swapped to 3rd person and back):

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks for this but unfortunately I haven't found a trigger.
    Any more info since this thread was made ?

3. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

No, but I can be on the lookout to see if I can get you save + video again.

I think it happened on a server since, but I wasn't the admin and not playing on a system where I could record.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

5. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

This happens in sp survival too, and did in a9 too. Just look down and your name and health bar appear. It's not only easy to reproduce, but impossible to avoid. Try standing on any block and trying (for example) to harvest or target something on the floor.

Kalizaar and Germanicus like this.
  6. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

This happens constantly to me too. I have always figured it was just the crosshair interacting with the players hitbox that is supposed to be used for block and attack collisions.