A12 EXP - Scanning / Detection and Registry

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Balthazod

Balthazod Lieutenant

Colour coding, whats going on with the markers one minute its yellow then white then orange then red, there's no shortage of colours just assign one colour to one category and stick to it.

2. Balthazod

Balthazod Lieutenant

Its definitely better but awesome is too far just not incredibly awful like the previous horror of a noise.

Pach and runlykhel like this.
  3. Balthazod

Balthazod Lieutenant

I am still having problems with the scanner not scanning even when I am looking at the point and as close as possible it will not detect some objects many I have to land on them to get it to update.
    Empyrion - Galactic Survival Screenshot 2020.05.19 - 14.24.15.87.png

4. Balthazod

Balthazod Lieutenant

I agree its much harder to see things in space then it used to be so without the scanner you would struggle to find anything.

5. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

Yes part way through phase IV, I started needing to be within 150m or less to a resource to scan it when on planets/moons. It became kind of ridiculous.
    Asteroids are identified a little above 2500 m, pretty much right after visible with naked eye. At that point you can kinda tell which ore type the asteroid has.

Basically, the scanner scans, but not very well. It identifies things are there, but not exactly what they are (unless it is a player base which are almost too easily located)

6. Balthazod

Balthazod Lieutenant

have been having things not show up at all recently the damaged bike would not show on scan and the epsilon patrol ship and a few other things and probably things |I don't know as they not showing on scan.

7. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

lol...when I first hit my scanner the loud "poing" had me jump a bit. It's better than the old one but a little loud compared to the rest of the volumes: I'm almost deaf so I have my ambient volume up and the "poing" is really loud, like the promethium explosions.:eek:

Pach likes this.
  8. Pach

Pach Captain

I've heard other people say the sound is too loud, but I have to wonder if it's a system thing, as it isn't over-loud on mine?

runlykhel and Germanicus like this.
  9. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

It might be related to system; I run my gaming on a 55" 4k tv audio through a Sony surround home theater system (does help with my partial deafness).

10. Beasthammer

Beasthammer Commander

First of all: THANK YOU! A long awaited feature i was begging for months if not years!
    I like it very much! Good job guys!

Suggestions for further improvements:
    - Please add the ability to color code manually the markers from the popup- and /or from the side menu.

- Please reconsider the "remove on approach" distance in space cause floating towards an asteroid within 60m is too low.

-Please make action bars customizable (this is really important for now and future) so we can rearrange the order of the weapons, scanner and upcoming features. (On CV-s it would be great to have multi turret, mining turret, weapons and scanners all together without the control panel)

I highly disagree with those who say scanner distances should be modified, instead i suggest somekinda mode selection like it was mentioned before, or within the beloved control panel adjustable scanner range which affect the power consumption.

Changeable sound effect? Maybe in the control panel there should be a list where users can select the desired sound effect for the scanner. (personally i got used to all of them)

11. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

Not sure if it is a server capacity issue or what, but on top of needing to be basically landed on the resource, lately need to stop over a resource deposit for 5 seconds or so for the resource type to be known.

12. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

OH and for registry - is it 'performing as intended' that in the registry I can look at all the proximity log data for any Polaris or Talon base I'd previously scanned?

13. Pach

Pach Captain

Probably a server issue, as in SP it is basically instantaneous.

I play on a low-player count server, and I've never had this issue.

Germanicus likes this.
  14. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

Yes this was 60+ online at the time, but seems to still be the case when down in the 20ish range too.