A12 EXP - Updated: Robinson Protocol

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    We made a few, mostly technical changes to the Robinson Protocol, but also in terms of content and overall structure.

Looking foward to your feedback! :)

Overview
    • Improved Starting on Temperate and Arid
    • Moved some of the devices back to escape pod (test)
    • Added intro dialogue
    • Added new Chapter for Vessels (RP II)
    • Added new chapter for basic Base Building (RPIII)

KRanKO5, Germanicus and Myrmidon like this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Known Issues

-tba-

3. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Questions and Answers

Q: How to advance dialogue text?
    A: use RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON to display the text of a passage at once

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    FionnMacCumhaill and xiaojie233 like this.
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well, so far RP work's fine. Only a few small Hick ups on the the road such as
    - It is not refreshing when you should approach the Wreckage it removes the marker but the check box remains unchecked.
    (logged out because of quality changes) when logged in I got the achieved notice and could continue.
    - a note to Hoverbike - it has a O² Tank mounted - eventually remove it? as the next part tells you to craft and mount a O² Tank.

More or nothing (would be better;)) when I made a bit of progress.

5. SmorgasBorgnine

I like that it gives better information to new players but I was trying to advance text (usually clicking the X at the top) and it would cancel the mission entirely. I'd like to see a way to advance through text quickly or skip text.

6. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    USe RIGHT-mouse button to advance text

7. stubert812

stubert812 Lieutenant

I did the protocol today it is much improved and the addition of the damaged HV is really good idea, following it was cool until I got to the area to build a base. I have bases I made especially for early game which I bought in via the factory which means you have to skip most of that tutorial because you have done it already. I understand it is for building a base and new players to learn what is needed to build a base but maybe have an option to skip the building if you are bringing in a base from the factory. Really enjoying it so far thanks Dev's.

monktk and Fractalite like this.
  8. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

When you get to that point in the mission just open the PDA (F1) and manually check those steps as complete. That's one of the reasons we are allowed to do that.

You can manually check steps off in a lot of the missions specifically in case you already did it out of order, or if you run into bugs.

monktk and nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ like this.
  9. stubert812

stubert812 Lieutenant

Yep I did I know this is a thing you can do. But what I was meaning wouldn't it be better to have something similar to what is at the end of the tutorial at the start of it (it tells you you can spawn a base in using materials from the factory) so if you are bringing in a base you have the option to tick that instead.

Evolvei likes this.
  10. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

Just started my first game in A12 (after the hotfix) and I get <invalid> for each of the keys in the Robinson Protocol PDA text (i.e. open your inventory by pressing the <invalid> key". The keybindings are correct in the Options, and when I press the key (tab, etc.) it works fine. Anyone else seeing this?

shadowmage45 and Kyodai like this.
  11. Kyodai

Kyodai Lieutenant

I had that same issue before the hotfix too. Other than that, just a few typos in the dialogue.

12. shadowmage45

shadowmage45 Ensign

When choosing the 'hard' equipment start, you are not given the 'Energy Bar' in the escape pod, which you are asked to consume as the first action in Robinson Protocol I. Had to forage and craft to complete the step. I can/could also confirm the <Invalid> key-binding tag issue mentioned by others.

Also believe that in RP III, the dialog still mentions the 'alien tower', even though the player is no longer tasked with visiting said tower.

13. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

I quit, verified all files (via Steam) and restarted. Problem now gone.

14. Moralarty

Moralarty Ensign

I can confirm that I had the same issues until I verified all files on Steam (4 had to be reacquired).
    Problem solved.

15. lucyrocketdog

lucyrocketdog Ensign

I've been testing the Robinson Protocol for the new swamp-planet start and everything is working so far. I'm playing medium difficulty, large planet, and there's plenty of food and rocks, the temperature is nice, and there's not many animals--so far I've seen one pangolin (so it's a very easy start--you might want to make it a bit more difficult).

Also, there is no information about raising and lowering the height of the HV. I think that should be added to the tutorial.

Kyodai likes this.
  16. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Have you ventured out of the starting area? Not safe at night be ready to make lots of meds.:eek:

17. Deute1956

Deute1956 Ensign

I am enjoying the update so far as well. I would like to see the game paused as the initial IDA screens roll through. As I was crashing in my escape pod, I steered toward a structure thinking it might be a good base or something. Then I noticed a drone circling overhead. So after I crashed, the drone was attacking me as IDA screens refused to be cleared so I could try to get away. Needless to say, I restarted the game at that point. I'm wondering if this could be done a little differently? Or, as I said earlier, the game could pause while we decide to do the Robinson Protocol or not. Also, I was X'ing out thru the screens trying to get to the game and I got every single tutorial opportunity given to me all at once. (One right after the other, I mean.) Kinda too much information at the start of the game. At least in this instance.

Pach and iliapugach like this.
  18. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Agreed. Also. Have a bit more info as to the actual quest title. trying to figure out what quest was what after declining was a pain.

19. FionnMacCumhaill

FionnMacCumhaill Commander

Tried on latest experimental version on the swamp starter. The energy bar mission was difficult because there was no plant protein anywhere near landing site. Also the yellow marker for investigate distress signal was not placed on map or Hud.

Manually completed the action and a marker appeared 6km away for a crashed shuttle. Crashed shuttle within 123M of a Zirax monastery with 4 ion turrets and 3 drones around it, probably not great for a new player (see picture)

There was actually no wreckage near the shuttle landing point- is the shuttle supposed to start near (I assume) the pol teleport station and damaged hoverbike? (see second picture)

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    iliapugach likes this.
  20. Hector G

Hector G Commander

Phase III version is the best I have seen it yet guys! Easy to follow and you must have rewrote some stuff the story narrative flows a lot better. I like how it automatically moves you from one mission to the next and keeps narrative going. Dialogue system really doing the tutorial wonders!