A7.0 Experimental - FAQ & Feedback: New Game Start & Rebalancing

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 25, 2017.

1. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    Sounds like Akua.
    Which difficulty settings were you using?

2. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

As I'm on Akua I can comment on that topic:

Playing on HARD difficulty (for npcs: numbers, difficulty, base attack...) but NORMAL gameplay otherwise (progression, temp, deposits, crafting...):
    Now at level 16 (with akua berries, killing dinos and natives, many night attacking spiders and human monster, 4 drones, and only mining one full deposite each and at least 100-150 rocks) I have

Iron : 4000
    Copper: 3200
    Silicon : 2200
    Cobalt : 170

Akua Berries : Main food supply, still ~750 left (no, it's no mistake)
    Fresh Meat : 170

HV: 1x small
    SV: 1x micro, 1x small
    BA: only additions to starter shelter: 2x Constructor, 6x T1-Fridges (full), 9 Growing Plots (concrete)., 4 Cannon turrets, besides I only did get one double attack of 2 drones each...

--------------------------------------------------------

So as a resume:

I didn't have spend much time going around this time, no civilian POIs etc., only scouting direct surroundings, searching for rocks (which I mined about 100-150 (difficult to say, but they were many many many).
    I have now 12 Growing Plots (9 additional only concrete, as it seems I need the Advanced Constructor for the other one), rolling in Dino stews and Meat Cans for a complete company.

---

The starting was... uhm... unsatisfying at least.

Only Akua berries, mining was a chore (I have a picture of a whole big multi layered mining cave only to find my first ores), surface rocks sometimes dropping nothing, and the first 30+ rocks did not drop any cobalt at all. Only with a lucky finding (I took my micro sv into the blueprint factory and then tossed the antenna thingy from the starter shelter into it, that gave me 2 Cobalt ingots back haha ;-) I could finaly build the Ore scanner, I was level 7-8 already then.

With the ore scanner mining was faster, alot of faster, still it has given me NEITHER more satisfaction NOR zen tranquillization than the old method! On the contrary!

But even without travelling much (which would normally be more my thing), I'm already set!!
    Next time I will try with less Ore deposits.

On the other hand... Cobalt / Rocks / RNG / Multiplayer planets...
    Again I will say that : I DON'T LIKE IT.
    I could get to 100-150 rocks very fast (huge rock buildup in mountain regions (I got 30 rocks in a distance of max 25 meters)), I'm not sure how this will play on highly frequented multiplayer servers where these rocks will not respawn...

amurayiwestgate likes this.
  3. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    Don't forget that there's also Cobalt in the Orbit, on the moon, on traders and as loot in POIs. The cobalt on the moon will resupply itself with asteroids, too.

4. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

You know on MP servers, when there are no rocks anymore, mostly sure the civilian POIs are raided too. And money for traders? That's also two steps too fast! And for a functioning SV you need a few things too.
    I'm all for a slower progression, but this...
    I'm only saying the beginning it's a chore...
    (while mining get you way tooo much ore when you got the scanner...)

edit:

as an idea, at least triple the amount of blobs per ore field (if no performance problem) but reduce ore output by 50% on normal setting. this way you find more blobs, you get more satisfaction but at the end less ore per deposit.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Mortlath likes this.
  5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hard but with normal ore yields, unsure whether that setting has any impact on rock ore yields though.

Scoob.

rucky likes this.
  6. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    I agree that we need fully functional traders where you can actually make money.

rucky likes this.
  7. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

similar to my settings ;)

8. ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe Commander

Maybe instead of limited distance it uses twice the pentax to jump

9. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

I seem to remember somebody else noting that that Mobile Constructor cannot make Pentaxid, but I cannot find it, so I'm mentioning it here just in case it was my imagination...

Anyways, the Mobile Constructor is a traveling SV's only constructor. It would make sense if it could refine Pentaxid, unless you want the player to have to specifically plan for having enough fuel before they leave their starting system.

10. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

If you want to rack up XP quickly, use a Gatling Gun on an HV to mow through the Akua natives (~1500 XP) or the Cyborgs (~2200 XP) at Civil Hubs.

The natives cannot really hurt your HV. You can also kill them from a height with your small arms. They probably should be able to throw their spears, or at leave have some extended reach.

The cyborgs will not shoot at your HV. They probably should shoot at hostile HV, SV, CVs.

Mortlath and rucky like this.
  11. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

The Advanced Constructor, Repair Bay, Med Bay, free O2 at a Civic Hub are usable by the player. LCDs at the location suggest this is intentional, but as a side effect, I have not built a base. Once I found the Civil Hub, I abandoned the Havoc starter base. Leave the other faction's core in place.

The Civic Hub has:

* Extensive Storage
    * 2 Fridges ... powered infinitely
    * 1 Advanced Constructor ... powered infinitely
    * 1 Repair bay
    * 1 Medicine bay
    * O2 bays
    * Free loot
    * Endless source of 2200 XP Cyborgs that quickly forget you shot them
    * Never attacked by Drone Waves

Mortlath and rucky like this.
  12. ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe Commander

Not surprised but very very disappointed. As it is now it is almost pointless to even PVP in this game. The base weapons are sooo powerful and far reaching that it is nearly impossible to take a base.

Possible solution: Maybe HV arty or sv rail guns that shoot farther but maybe less damage so it takes longer to take base guns out but at least we a have a fighting chance

The seeing through wall glitch in third person view that you fixed has now made most bases that are attacked useless. We we will now have to spend maybe an hour or more to totally destroy the base killing the core in the process maybe destroying all the loot.

Possible solution: Would love to see maybe a core finding device that maybe you can add to the multitool, maybe a scope that shows you the core but nothing else and only for a few seconds at a time, with a cool down.

SV warp engine is long over due but maybe instead of a distance limit make it so that it takes twice the pentax. This will be a great way for many of us to move our multiple CV's from one system to another.

Anti grieving distance to me just kills PVP. Not be able to use the drone next to a base makes no sense unless maybe you made like the radar dish an anti drone device. That would be kool so long as it has to be placed outside the building.

Everything else looks good maybe a little fresh change is good. Vets including myself will have to get over that the game play is changing. Sometimes change is good.

As always keep up the great work !!!!!! I still love this game !!!!!

13. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I've never got it to work for me in 6.x? (yes, powered down etc.) You really tested it in 7.0?

Uhm. I never tried that.
    But if this is true => please fill Bug report (even if it isn't, this has to be changed!)

14. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

didn't there were complaints of the exact other way around?
    that pvpers said bases are obsolete because they do not even have a chance against hv arty and cv raining death from above?

I'm a bit confused...

15. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

It is disappointing to get _nothing_ when you disassemble something with a multitool. You should at least get one component.

It is extremely disappointing to get _nothing_ when you disassemble your own stuff with a multitool.

I get that it is desirable to make players work harder than to turn one POI into a big CV. That makes sense, but I think some adjustments need to be made.

ldog and Mortlath like this.
  16. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

You're probably right. I've not tried to repair anything in it, but there is an LCD hanging on it that says "Public Use."

I can do that, but I suspect its not a bug, but just a current limit of the AI. Those cyborgs are deadly in a straight-up fight.

17. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

also back in 6.x and 5.x I always diassembled to full blocks. that ways = 100% yield (good for using whole blocks or tossing into the factory)

18. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

In 6 and 5, you got 100% of the components too, but in 7 you get 30% from a Multitool and 60% from a T2 Multitool. I think (but need to check) that applies to trying to recover whole blocks too.

Edit: Maybe its not 30% / 60% ... that's what I remember, but cannot find my source. Maybe I'm nuts.

19. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    This has been fixed in today's update.

rucky and zztong like this.
  20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Random question: does anyone know if Zirax troops shooting at you in your SV/HV has been reinstated yet? I really liked that, and with the addition some time back of Shotgun and Rocket Launcher Zirax they become a real threat. Not sure why this was introduced then removed, but if it was difficulty related said behaviour could be disabled just for Easy perhaps.

Scoob.