a9 Space Drones Not Moving

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by MozoTyce, Jan 25, 2019.

1. MozoTyce

MozoTyce Lieutenant

Been working on my custon scenario for a while now.
    Last night i added some drones to a spaceorbit playfield:
    Code:
    DroneBaseSetup:
       Fixed:
       -  Name: SpaceDroneBase
          Pos: [-1605, 0, -3064]
          DroneOnDuty:
          -  Name: SpaceDronePlasma
             Pos: [-1805, 200, -3264]
             Radius: 500

The drones spawn in (albeit in the wrong location ?) and appear at first to be moving (as seen on the map view).
    However when i approach them in GM they are just fixed to one spot and 'wiggling' and pay no attention to me.
    I though maybe i'd spawned them too close to each other but even just one drone does it.

Did i do something wrong or are they bugged currently ?
    tia

2. Monroe

Monroe Commander

I've not done a lot of work with orbits, but on a planet, this behavior is the result of not having the faction set on a DroneBase. 'Faction: Zirax' (minus the single quotes) needs to be in there somewhere. Also, on a planet, there seems to be a need for a drone base to exist and be Zirax faction in order for the Drones to operate. Not sure if that is needed or what the equivalent would be in an orbit, but looking at the space_dynamic.yaml it looks like there is a 'MainDroneBase' POI. Maybe that needs to be in there.

3. MozoTyce

MozoTyce Lieutenant

Thanks @Monroe your comment made me revisit the problem.
    It seems the Name: has to be 'MainDroneBase' (without the quotes), soon as i set that the drones work fine, i foolishly assumed the name was just the one that identified the collection of spawns.
    Drones working now.
    thx

Monroe likes this.