About patch 1.13 (stop WIPE, please)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bbk.3164, Jan 2, 2021.

1. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

This post is both a review, and a suggestion (!)
    I started a new game on one of the official Eleon servers (they are yellow font) ... I reached level 20, built a good ship and started traveling across the galaxy ...
    BUT - When the release of patch 1.13 came out - I went into the game again, and .... THERE WAS A STRONG DISAPPOINTMENT - instead of connecting to the server to CONTINUE THE GAME - the "SELECT STARTING PLANET" window appeared (!!!) .... it's terrible ( !) since all players are forced to start the game AGAIN ... AND AGAIN ... AND AGAIN ... AND AGAIN ... AND AGAIN ... AND AGAIN ... AND AGAIN ... AND AGAIN ... AND AGAIN ...... PLEASE STOP THESE "AGAIN" (!!!)

Dear developers - I remember that you answered me like this - files with a player's progress (his level, his buildings and ships, and the contents of containers) are stored IN DIFFERENT FILES (!)
    So please - apply this so that with each release of a new major patch, the PROGRESS OF THE PLAYER is SAVED (with all his property - the base, ships, contents of containers, materials in the factory) (!!!), and also to save all the marks about the position of the found asteroids in space, and POI + resources on the planet (if they did not change in the new patch) (!!!)
    Naturally, there should be zeroing ONLY QUESTS FROM NPC

Thank you (!)

AND I HOPE THAT IN PATCH 1.14 THERE WILL NOT BE THESE AWESOME "WIPE -> RESTART AGAIN", so that players can happily CONTINUE the game, developing and exploring the Imperion universe))

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Hello,

We wiped the Official Servers for a reason with v1.3. We will NOT keep some files around for a very good reason. With the way the Galaxy is RandomGenerated. The DataBase. This isnt a good idea since you might simple endup in no where or even more severge issues that will apear due to keeping old data.

For V1.4 there is NO wipe planned.

Track Driver likes this.
  3. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Hello))

Oo, do not worry)) IF you approach this issue CORRECTLY (logical), then everything can be done CORRECT, and there will be no problems (!) :)
    So:
    1) all the progress of the player (level, relations with NPC factions, ships, bases, contents of containers) - keep everything IN DIFFERENT SPECIAL FILES (!);
    2) also store in a separate file the PLACE WHERE THE PLAYER IS - coordinates in space or on the planet;
    3) when a new global patch comes out, and it will require a FULL RESTART OF THE SERVER, since the generation of both galaxies AND biomes on planets will be changed - in this case, see point 2), build an EMPTY LOCATION "SPACE" (in the same star system ( as the starting planets), and RETURN the data from point 1) == >> in other words - the player will find himself in an EMPTY SPACE, and his ship and base will hang somewhere nearby (!)
    4) immediately show a message - that "... a new patch has been released, so the playing field has been removed, but all your property has been saved! Please dismantle your base and leave the location!"

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Yes, but here you already make a mistake. The Coordinates will not be the same on a new SaveGame

Thats Called RandomGeneration what we make use off :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_generation

It will never be the same :) Thus Coordinates change. WorldNames change. Deposits Locations Change. Everything changes on a new SaveGame
    You cant keep old files around and inject them since they will simple not match

This will only work if you use the old system. Fixed playfields. They will always be the same on any seed you try. But this isnt something we make use off anymore. Some old Scenarios still make use of it tho

5. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Well, I offered you my thoughts and ideas, and then you decide for yourself how to deal with them. :)

6. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

Tbh playing on someone's server and wining about wipes is not good. Even if it is and official server.
    I always create my own servers, and play with saves, files, etc. To have everything the way I want to.
    It is not only Empyrion. It is the way how it works for every game, that has dedicated servers.

7. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Dear administration representative from developers!
    You are the COORDINATOR between developers and players on this forum!

Please - understand that:
    1) WIPING -> this is BAD for players - no one wants to lose their game progress (level, ships, base, property);
    2) hopeless situations -> THERE DOES NOT HAPPEN (!) The game is a SET of ALGORITHMS, therefore, it is POSSIBLE to find a way out of any problem situation (a successful solution) (!)

I recently created a thread in "Suggestions" - HOW TO STOP WIPING, but no one wrote a single comment (!)
    So - these thoughts DID NOT GET TO THE DEVELOPERS :(

----------------------------------------------------------
    Here's the topic:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/1-patch-1-5-and-wipe-again-2-and-graphics.98003/
    ----------------------------------------------------------

There I expressed the MOST OPTIMAL, RATIONAL, AND LOGICAL suggestions for disabling wiping (forever) (!)
    Please - read and report to the developers (!)
    THANKS )))

8. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

This is not something that we will change.

In SP players can choice them self. If they only choice to not start fresh they wont get the new things either.
    In MP its up to the Server Owner

9. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Then - THERE IS NO SENSE to play the game in MP, where zeroing (wiping) occurs every 1-3 months (!) :(

players seek to LEAVE the starting planet in order to EXPLORE the virtual game world (!)

WHY did you create a SUPER HUGE UNIVERSE, if you DO NOT GIVE AN OPPORTUNITY for players to travel around it (?? !!!!)

According to my suggestions - how to preserve the player's property (goods, base, ship's) and level when wiping (for MP) - this concerns the IN-GAME MECHANICS - the fundamental components of the game (!)
    Therefore, it is so important that they BE IN THE GAME ITSELF (!)
    And only then - the owners of the servers (including you) == >> In the SERVER SETTINGS you can change the options => "whether to save the progress of each player + goods in containers after each wipe due to a new patch, or not (?!)

Otherwise - look at the 1st sentence == >>> "Then - THERE IS NO SENSE to play the game in MP, where zeroing (wiping) occurs every 1-3 months (!) :("

... and why create a game in which the player is forced to live forever "groundhog day" (endless wipes every 1-3 months) (????????????? !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!)

then you leave very little choice (!):
    Stay in the "SP" ?? explore the numerous game universe, have all your property (level, bases, ships, goods, items), ... BUT WITHOUT COMMUNICATION WITH OTHER PLAYERS, WITHOUT NEW CONTENT IN THE GAME (?? !!!)

Then RETURN ME MY MONEY FOR THE GAME, because I LOST INTEREST in the game, due to CONSTANT WIPES (complete FORCED zeroing in each global patch) BECAUSE YOU - DEVELOPERS - CANNOT RATIONALLY BYPASS : save all the player's things (goods) on the server (in MP) (!).
    And you also REFUSE to listen to other players who offer you "LOGICAL AND RACTIONAL METHODS FOR SOLVING THIS PROBLEM" (!) (SADNESS)

......... Always and everywhere one rule worked: "Dear client - your opinion is IMPORTANT FOR US" .... but here in the game Imperion - I saw a BACKPICTURE - "the players - MANY of your suggestions - WE DO NOT care (!)"

And this attitude of you towards us == >> VERY OFFENSE (!) :(

10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Wow.

bad coffee and Taelyn like this.
  11. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

You can stick to alpha v6 and there will be no wipes. Or even alpha v12.

I lost interest in many games after finishing them or even just playing them a bit. I wonder how many would offer me a refund because I "lost interest"...

12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

If I would get a refund for playing SWTOR or TESO for almost 10 Years...I could buy myself a new Car.;)

Foofaspoon and Taelyn like this.