Adding a new planet to an already active SolarSystem

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Guardian44, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Guardian44

Guardian44 Lieutenant

Hi, my questions:

Is it possible to add a new/additional planet to an already existing solar system, which is already running on a dedicated server?

- if yes: how and what has to be done, so that the game will work without errors

- if no : :(

2. Guardian44

Guardian44 Lieutenant

in the EMPAdminHelper, there is an option to import playfields, but the tool only imports playfields, which can be matched to existing ones, so the question is, how to overcome this restriction or do what needs to be done to import a new playfield.

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes you can. I'm not exactly sure how to do it though but it is possible. There might be YouTube videos for it.

Back up your save before doing anything though.

4. Guardian44

Guardian44 Lieutenant

well so far, what i figured out
    You have to put the planet and the orbit into the save game folder templates, edit the sector.yaml, the new one, with all the position and travel routes updated. of course stop the server before that.

There is also this import playfield functionallity, so far i managed it to manually copy&paste&edit to existing entries.
    I first exported the playfields - ending up in an xml file, copied 2 lines, of an existing planet and orbit, changed the settings their and copied the files over to the server, started it and the new planet was there.

this is just a crude summary of what i found out by try and error on a testserver. i will repeat this steps and try to document them more detailed. so far i have not found any youtube video which explains step by step "how to add a planet to an existing server" only some of how to add a planet before.

ravien_ff likes this.
  5. forbiddenzsky

forbiddenzsky Lieutenant

The process of adding new playing fields in the started game is no different from the process of writing a new scenario.
    1) You create a directory with new files (playfield.yaml and terrain.ecf) of the customized playing field in your scenario
    2) You make changes / additions to the file sectors.yaml
    Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Empyrion - Galactic Survival \ Saves \ Games \ TEST_Scen_ \ Sectors

Use the program Notepad ++

If you have a ready-made playing field that you want to add, then the whole process will take no more than 5 minutes with a cup of aromatic coffee in your hand.